AT&T unveils 4.3-inch Samsung Focus S as part of its Windows Phone Mango lineup
1. PimpStrong posted on 12 Sep 2011, 09:23 2
And the Galaxy S II with WP7 has arrived. Not bad at all.
15. whattheheck (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 11:13 0
maybe in the cpu category but that's about it. everything else it is more like SGS II.
19. remixfa posted on 12 Sep 2011, 13:01 0
so then it would make it an intrigue or whatever that 4.5 inch single core phone on ATT is. :)
22. Jay (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 17:08 0
Yeah but let's be honest, the Galaxy S II is all about that processor...otherwise you just get...an Infuse or something
21. PimpStrong posted on 12 Sep 2011, 13:49 1
Uhh no. The W has a 3.7" LCD screen vs. this with a 4.3" SAMOLED.
8. Lucas777 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 10:08 2
it is amazing! thank u samsung and microsoft.. and god nokia if samsung can make this in what a few months how is it taking you a full freaking year..
2. snowgator posted on 12 Sep 2011, 09:24 3
Wow. Nice start. Of course it is AT&T. They will be huge supporters of Mango like they were the soft start of W7. Looking excitedly to see the other handsets and what the other carriers have.
3. MarloThaMartian posted on 12 Sep 2011, 09:25 1
Wow I have the original Focus. I might have to get this for my upgrade.
4. Galen20K posted on 12 Sep 2011, 09:28 1
impressive specs but kind of ugly design. unless thats just a pic of the original Focus, hopefully they've redesigned the look of it cause the original was a dog, even tho it had an impressive screen.
6. whattheheck (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 09:46 0
dude, the pic is of the original focus.
16. patience (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 11:15 0
look carefully again.
24. Lucas777 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 19:34 1
believe me i have one in my pocket... maybe u shud check again...
10. Galen20K posted on 12 Sep 2011, 10:59 1
it "was" the original focus picture, now they've updated the article and yes, the new version looks so much better than the Original. Very sexy! : )
17. AKm007 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 11:59 0
That is a pic of the old focus. The new one will probably be the smartphone that microsoft showed long time back. Everyone thought it would be the galaxy SII.This is the exact same thing. Just a bigger single core rather than two smaller dual ones. I guess its a WP7 restriction.
9. yes!!! (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 10:26 1
Been waiting for a mango for ages now. Coming from an boring iphone 4. Just not doing it for me with the boring IOS.This is surely a big upgrade for me. Focus S or S2. :)
11. Joshcub (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 11:01 1
It's single core because WP7 phones run extremely fast on single core so there is no need for dual core.
12. anirudhshirsat97 posted on 12 Sep 2011, 11:08 1
Wonder if apple has the b**ls to sue this phone.. Hmmm...
30. What a turd (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 18:49 0
get a life.
13. Dj21o posted on 12 Sep 2011, 11:10 2
I really don't understand. AT&T and T-Mobile (GSM) already have all the good WP7 devices. Don't you think if you put out good hardware for other carriers, it might sell better? CDMA has 2 phones in the US. There are MANY people on both networks, especially combined. They need to help us out SNOWGATOR! lol.
20. remixfa posted on 12 Sep 2011, 13:03 2
GSM is normally first because a lot of the big markets outside of the US use GSM so its just an easier conversion. As far as why you dont see more on VZW or Sprint, u need to talk to the carriers as they have final say of whats on the lineup
23. Dj21o posted on 12 Sep 2011, 17:25 0
I actually did email a marketing officer on the matter of Sprint having almost all Android now. I mean, that's not a problem, but they need a little more variety. Now the really good GSII is coming out, the iPhone is coming, but there isn't much love for WP7 but one device. And the specs on that ONE device are not that great. They are pretty standard for a touchscreen phone. You can't just sell one mediocre phone with a specific OS and when it doesn't sell, just not offer anything else. Its just a bummer. Hopefully it changes with holidays coming up.
25. remixfa posted on 13 Sep 2011, 09:02 0
thats why u sell to the capabilities of the software, not of the hardware. you never once hear apple touting hardware, just its "magical" interface of all icons.
WP7 is an awesome OS and I cant wait for it to mature into a full fledged competitior. It doesnt need the hardware that android needs.. yet.
18. Goboy35 (unregistered) posted on 12 Sep 2011, 12:14 1
I hope to see this in a dual core vice a single core, but wp7 do run much faster than the other OS... LIKE WHAT I HEARING
26. nb2six posted on 13 Sep 2011, 12:42 0
I haven't looked in long time but how is the application market for WP7 now? Has it grown much and are the apps better supported?
27. Sammy sam (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 13:11 0
Samsung Focus S will be offered in UK under different name.....but thing is, Samsung are STILL waiting for UK carriers to let them know IF they are going to buy any....So, its still unclear how widely available this handset will be....Lets hope all UK carriers place orders!
28. mango.. (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 15:12 0
if Samsung put just as much effort into advertising and getting to carriers as they did the GS2 they have another amazing seller. all they and Microsoft have to do is show the world the great hardware, and amazing intuitive os and they could do amazing. same with HTC and the titan. I think that by the end of 2012 iOS android and WP7 will all be about the same size.
29. mango.. (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 15:13 0