500 million Android devices activated around the world
And we have more good news for those who follow Android. The Jelly Bean statue, which had melted from exposure to sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III the sun, has returned to the Googleplex. We would have expected to see Froyo or Ice Cream Sandwich melt in the heat, but we're happy to report that everything is now back to normal, or what passes for normal, at Mountain View.
source: HugoBarra via Phandroid
1. redmd posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:08 7 0
That's quite a number. And I think it will increase further. There is a market for those who still hold a feature phone and that's where the low end Droids are creeping in.
3. TROLL posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:11 6 0
Good luck all the best to the coming years...
And please listen to what your customers need and want!
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:15 6 0
I expect Android to expand to all areas of technology. Android will reach space and even space is not the limit.
5. Sniggly posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:16 15 1
Android is already reaching space. NASA is looking into sending up microsatellites powered by Android.
44. Sniggly posted on 12 Sep 2012, 01:55 3 0
6. Sniggly posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:18 9 1
This is quite awesome. That's 7 percent of the entire world's population. The Android Alliance grows ever stronger. :)
7. wendygarett posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:23 2 16
only 7%? guess android should do better than that :D
8. Sniggly posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:25 7 2
Considering where Android was just a couple of years ago, it's pretty damn good. Especially since it'll take just another year to double its presence.
13. wendygarett posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:40 7 2
ok i confess that :)
it's pretty damn good actually :)
15. Sniggly posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:42 4 0
There we go. :D
10. jaoowolabi posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:28 2 0
lol man i wanted to do the math!!! 7.10351958365 to be more exact
9. mas11 posted on 11 Sep 2012, 21:26 3 0
Thanks for the laugh Alan, "The Jelly Bean statue, which had melted from exposure to sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III"
42. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Sep 2012, 01:05 1 0
I think the 500 million activations speaks to the power of Google's inclusive model. Manufacturers can personalize their offering to a degree not possible with iOS or WP.
40. Tsepz_GP posted on 12 Sep 2012, 00:13 0 0
Incredible stuff, thats half a billion Androids roaming the earth 8)
Ooooh i sense much hate and jealousy from MS and its WP apologists, these are numbers they will only ever dream of.
With Android OEMs like HTC, SONY and LG also pushing to get to where Samsung is, and with Android making its way up into Africa with fast adaption in places like South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Congo etc..., i expect this number to double in no time. :)
45. xtian1103 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 04:27 0 0
google is like, hey look at us, we've activated 500 million devices. we are the best! bravo! good job! --- now back to regular apple news