Monday's News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
Alright, folks – here are today’s news bits:
- LG is expected to roll out two mid-end solutions in Europe: the GW520 and the GT505. The GW520 has a 2.8-inch touch-sensitive display, side-sliding QWERTY keyboard, 3MP camera, support for social networks and HSDPA 7.2Mbps connectivity. The GT505, however, sports HSDPA at up to 3.6Mbps, but has a 5-megapixel camera. Expect both handsets to come out this month, running on the S-Class 3G UI.
- Samsung is working on 480x800 AMOLED screens. The future displays will bring the AMOLED technology to the next level, since they are said to increase brightness levels to 350 candelas and consume about 40% less power, compared to the current ones.
- iPhone’s Safari browser is to support geolocation. A guy at Computerworld Blogs has tested the feature with a version 3.0B5 of the browser and the test page returned the location of his iPhone. They will never locate Chuck Norris though.
- Android users will be able to enjoy the pleasure of playing The Sims 3. At the Google I/O conference, EA gave details about the gameplay features, but did not show a demo video of it. The Sims 3 for Android OS is expected to launch tomorrow.
- Palm Pre has been pictured and videoed… again. Both times in a Sprint store. Guys, you just can´t wait for your turn now, can you?