iPhone 15 vs Pixel 8 vs Galaxy 24, which one would you choose and why?

Join the discussion
• 6mo ago

Google Pixel because my Pixel 6a phone was free from the Verizon store.

• 6mo agoedited
This comment was deleted by the user.
• 6mo ago
This comment was deleted by the user.
• 6mo ago

I have had 1 Iphone as a trial phone and hated the experience (maybe 2016) never gave apple a chance since. i loved my note 3 my and note 20ultra, the s23 was sharp and a bit heavy but man is it a tech beast, I am excited about the 24 and what wizardry they pack into it. I also love my pixel 2 pixels are amazing. Maybe if the s24ultra ends up being even heavier than the s23ultra then i will pick up a pixel 8.

• 6mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

The year is racing toward its end, and it's time for another hot topic to discuss. Apple vs. Samsung vs. Google—let the fight begin! Are you a Galaxy fan, an Apple guy, or maybe you fancy the new Pixel phones? The iPhone 15 series is already here, as is the Pixel 8 lineup, and we're waiting for the Galaxy S24 to arrive pretty soon as well. If you had to choose between these three, which one would it be? Plain and simple, let's see who's doing it right these days. You can also tell us your favorite alternative in the comments if you absolutely don't feel like picking a mainstream side. Go!

None of them.

Join the Flip Side.

We have all the fun while the neanderthals squabble about micro differences in camera outputs.

• 6mo agoedited

My pick last year was Pixel 7 Pro, which is my daily driver today.

I have pretty much always used either Google Pixel or Oneplus (except iPhone 4s) and I'll admit that I have always had a bit of an anti-iPhone bias.

However, I think for the first time ever, I would actually pick the iPhone, in this case the 15 Pro Max. Why?

1. Because a lot of my annoyances with iPhone in previous years have been addressed (lightening port is gone, 120 fps refresh rate, good battery life now, not as inflexible as before, to name a few),
  2. As much as I would love to choose the Pixel, the fact is that the processor is below the required standard for a flagship phone. Last year the aggressive pricing made this permissible but if you are charging prices that are closer to Samsung and iPhone, then a midrange processor is honestly, not acceptable, even with machine learning),
  3. Although my favourite operating systems to use are PixelUI and NothingOS (or the old OxygenOS), I would still pick iOS over heavy skins of Android like OneUI and the various Chinese Android skins.
  4. Samsung put more emphasis on hardware than software when it comes to the cameras but they always seem to come up short against both Google and iPhone when we compare the photos.

Of course we can't really make a final decision until we have seen the S24 Ultra but based on present evidence, I'll say iPhone.

That said, I'm also watching with interest what happens with the OnePlus 12, especially considering how surprisingly good the OnePlus Open has been.

I don't like the new ColorOS based skin as much as the old OxygenOS but if we consider that OnePlus seem to finally have a camera that truly does compete with flagships, it might be time to include them in this conversation....

I'll also admit that I have a bit of a crush on Nothing Phone and whilst I'm not quite ready to buy one, and I also think it'll be another couple of years before they get it "right", I am watching from a distance.

• 6mo ago

I chose the Pixel 8 because it has a 120Hz display, is small and has a nice design. I didn't choose a Galaxy S24 because it aint out yet 😊

• 3mo ago

Def the IPHONE 15 PRO MAX without a doubt better cameras better audio all day bat this is not even a comparison the S24U just launched with outdated cameras and using googles ai this is not even fair to compare sameung has host its way they seem to be a m midrange device now.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless