iPhone 15 vs Pixel 8 vs Galaxy 24, which one would you choose and why?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 5mo ago

The year is racing toward its end, and it's time for another hot topic to discuss. Apple vs. Samsung vs. Google—let the fight begin! Are you a Galaxy fan, an Apple guy, or maybe you fancy the new Pixel phones? The iPhone 15 series is already here, as is the Pixel 8 lineup, and we're waiting for the Galaxy S24 to arrive pretty soon as well. If you had to choose between these three, which one would it be? Plain and simple, let's see who's doing it right these days. You can also tell us your favorite alternative in the comments if you absolutely don't feel like picking a mainstream side. Go!

• 5mo ago

S24 Ultra. it'll be newer than all of the phones mentioned (& definitely newer than my S22 Ultra & 14 Pro Max) so it'll have the latest & greatest (until their successors come out 6 & 7 months later). It's said to have a flat display, which I haven't had a flat Note since upgrading from the Note 4 to the Note 7 in 2016 so that should improve the S-Pen experience & word on the street is the S23 Ultra is a much improved S22 Ultra in important areas that relate to real world performance so I can only imagine how much more refined the S24 Ultra will (hopefully) be.

My favorite alternative would be the 15 Pro Max based on it having USB-C alone, but it's safe to say it's a better 14 Pro Max which has already been a great 1st iPhone for me.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 5mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

S24 Ultra. it'll be newer than all of the phones mentioned (& definitely newer than my S22 Ultra & 14 Pro Max) so it'll have the latest & greatest (until their successors come out 6 & 7 months later). It's said to have a flat display, which I haven't had a flat Note since upgrading from the Note 4 to the Note 7 in 2016 so that should improve the S-Pen experience & word on the street is the S23 Ultra is a much improved S22 Ultra in important areas that relate to real world performance so I can only imagine how much more refined the S24 Ultra will (hopefully) be.

My favorite alternative would be the 15 Pro Max based on it having USB-C alone, but it's safe to say it's a better 14 Pro Max which has already been a great 1st iPhone for me.

Fair enough, the Galaxy S Ultra models are offering users something unique that other manufacturers, more or less, are missing: the S Pen experience. I hope Samsung finds a way to make some room for the stylus inside the phone, as the S Pen covers are pretty ugly, in my honest opinion.

On the iPhone 15 Pro Max, every credible analyst out there says that we should wait for the iPhone 16 series for some true innovation (whatever that means), so I would hold on to that iPhone 14 Pro Max if I were you.

• 5mo agoedited
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Fair enough, the Galaxy S Ultra models are offering users something unique that other manufacturers, more or less, are missing: the S Pen experience. I hope Samsung finds a way to make some room for the stylus inside the phone, as the S Pen covers are pretty ugly, in my honest opinion.

On the iPhone 15 Pro Max, every credible analyst out there says that we should wait for the iPhone 16 series for some true innovation (whatever that means), so I would hold on to that iPhone 14 Pro Max if I were you.

When you say, "I hope Samsung finds a way to make some room for the stylus inside the phone, as the S Pen covers are pretty ugly, in my honest opinion" are you confusing the Ultra with the Fold? The Ultra is basically the new Note, which has had the S-Pen slot in the phone since its inception.

And yea, my itch for getting the 15 Pro Max has quickly gone away since its launch in September. The most I'd do is try to get one for hopefully $600-$700, then trade it in towards the 16 Pro Max like I plan on doing with the S23 Ultra as it's still coming up at $600 w/ trade-in.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 5mo ago

Gosh, you got me there! :) For some reason, I was thinking about the Fold... Now I have the vivid memory of me clicking the S Pen out of the S22 at a lavish launch event back in the day. Pff. I have two issues with the S Ultra series. You already mentioned the curved screen; that's one. The second one is OneUI. I would much prefer a clean Android, but that's not happening on a Samsung device. Ever.

• 5mo ago

S24 Ultra if I were in the market for a replacement phone, which I am not.

1. Google Pixals are just too buggy and what is worse is Googls seems very slow if not incapable of resolving the issues.

2. I do not like the Apple infrastructure (IOS), I do not like the company culture and I do not want to be associated with the cult like social structure surrounding Apple users. I like to think for myself and make logical fact based decisions on products and not be told how I should use the product because they (Apple) know better than me.

3. I have had 3 generations of S Ultras to date have always found them to be, for the most part, excellent phones. What is most important to me about a smart cellular phone is how good of a smart PHONE it is. It is not a DSLR, a gaming console or a status symbol. My S23 Ultra has a fantastic display, great WIFI and 4g/5g performance and has a buttery smooth user interface. The fact it has one of (if not arguably the best depending on who you ask) cameras is just icing on the cake so to speak

• 5mo ago

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am a die hard android fan, so I have to say S24 Ultra. I have never been much of a iPhone fan even as a work phone. I have never used a pixel phone, so I have no opinion there.

• 5mo agoedited

I will be prefer S24..s24+ few fast charging..old 45w s23ultra. I choose oneplus 9 pro..was looking also pixel 6..series and galaxy, but they have slow charging. apple ..company...

• 5mo ago

I'm a huge Galaxy fan. Currently have the S22 Ultra. I skipped the S23 Ultra as there were poor incentives to purchase at the time. Hope Samsung offers something extra with the S24s...maybe new Buds etc. We'll see.

• 5mo ago
↵GUG_5 said:

I will be prefer S24..s24+ few fast charging..old 45w s23ultra. I choose oneplus 9 pro..was looking also pixel 6..series and galaxy, but they have slow charging. apple ..company...

So pretty much none of the phones in question.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless