iPhone 15 vs Pixel 8 vs Galaxy 24, which one would you choose and why?

Join the discussion
• 6mo agoedited
↵RonC1 said:

I'm a huge Galaxy fan. Currently have the S22 Ultra. I skipped the S23 Ultra as there were poor incentives to purchase at the time. Hope Samsung offers something extra with the S24s...maybe new Buds etc. We'll see.

The incentives at launch were indeed terrible. That was the secondary reason why I didn't get it. The first was a tie between the need/want ratio being 10%/90% & Samsung messing up my order due to a mix up with my phone number.

The S23 Ultra is still going for $576 w/ trade-in for the S22 Ultra, so I might get the S23 Ultra for $600+, then trade it in in 2 months for the S24 Ultra or just get the S24 Ultra & have the S23 Ultra as a backup.

• 6mo ago

I made my choice and went with the Pixel 8 Pro and am completely happy I did. The phone performs great and screen looks awesome and it takes great pictures. Also now that I have taken advantage of the Google assistant when it comes to call screening and navigating dial pad menus I wouldn't want a phone without it.

• 6mo ago

From what I see Samsung is going to knock it out the park with the galaxy 24 ultra. The competition has showed their hand, so samsung has to be superior.The boys from apple are playing catch up know so what ever they do is not good enough. The Google pixel has a camera but samsung will top that in my opinion. We as consumers need to pick a phone and let it be because the day of the big changes are gone. They ha e us hooked now, so all they are doing is spoon feedinjg us.

• 6mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

So pretty much none of the phones in question.

S24, specifications didnt know, but eill be snap gen3 and maybe charging more fast...

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 6mo agoedited
↵mkjsr757 said:

From what I see Samsung is going to knock it out the park with the galaxy 24 ultra. The competition has showed their hand, so samsung has to be superior.The boys from apple are playing catch up know so what ever they do is not good enough. The Google pixel has a camera but samsung will top that in my opinion. We as consumers need to pick a phone and let it be because the day of the big changes are gone. They ha e us hooked now, so all they are doing is spoon feedinjg us.

The thing is, the S24 lineup has been in warehouses already, and even though Apple and Google have indeed shown their hands, there's not much Sammy can do at this point. We have to hope the S24 had what it took to compete from the very start, back on the blackboards.

By the way, the latest blind comparison we did showed people love the Pixel 8 Pro the most when it comes to snapping pictures. I really hope the S24 Ultra ditches the curved screen; it serves no purpose and makes the phone fragile and hard to work with...

• 6mo ago
↵stferrari said:

S24 Ultra if I were in the market for a replacement phone, which I am not.

1. Google Pixals are just too buggy and what is worse is Googls seems very slow if not incapable of resolving the issues.

2. I do not like the Apple infrastructure (IOS), I do not like the company culture and I do not want to be associated with the cult like social structure surrounding Apple users. I like to think for myself and make logical fact based decisions on products and not be told how I should use the product because they (Apple) know better than me.

3. I have had 3 generations of S Ultras to date have always found them to be, for the most part, excellent phones. What is most important to me about a smart cellular phone is how good of a smart PHONE it is. It is not a DSLR, a gaming console or a status symbol. My S23 Ultra has a fantastic display, great WIFI and 4g/5g performance and has a buttery smooth user interface. The fact it has one of (if not arguably the best depending on who you ask) cameras is just icing on the cake so to speak

Exactly my thoughts. Only the rumoured new colours for S24 are a bit nah

• 6mo agoedited
said:

S24 Ultra if I were in the market for a replacement phone, which I am not.

1. Google Pixals are just too buggy and what is worse is Googls seems very slow if not incapable of resolving the issues.

2. I do not like the Apple infrastructure (IOS), I do not like the company culture and I do not want to be associated with the cult like social structure surrounding Apple users. I like to think for myself and make logical fact based decisions on products and not be told how I should use the product because they (Apple) know better than me.

3. I have had 3 generations of S Ultras to date have always found them to be, for the most part, excellent phones. What is most important to me about a smart cellular phone is how good of a smart PHONE it is. It is not a DSLR, a gaming console or a status symbol. My S23 Ultra has a fantastic display, great WIFI and 4g/5g performance and has a buttery smooth user interface. The fact it has one of (if not arguably the best depending on who you ask) cameras is just icing on the cake so to speak

This comment was moderated for breaking our Community Guidelines.
• 6mo ago
↵DREi22 said:
This comment was moderated for breaking our Community Guidelines.

I guess you are intitled to your opinion even though you seem to have a problem with other people having an opinion. I hope you become more civil to and tolerant of other people when you become an adult.

• 6mo ago

GALAXY S24. Nothing against Apple, but I've always been a Samsung and Galaxy user. In my opinion, these have always been work horses.

IVE has GS-1, GS-2 (they removed the keyboard) GS-3, GS-5, GS-7, GS-10 and GS-20. They've all been good to me. Started out with Sprint and watched the merger with Tm. Finally moving over to Tmobile 2 years ago.

• 6mo ago

I would choose samsung galaxy s24 cause I am samsung user since the beginning back around 2010/2011 and now i am using a s22 ultra I still would choose android anyway over ios because I like the freedom in android examples you can sideload apk since the beginning and you can download any file you want even mp3 and other audio files without needing iTunes on a pc

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless