What's the most annoying thing about your current phone?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 6mo ago
↵previso said:

Weight. As my only interactive Internet device it's too heavy for long usage. ( I got rid of my laptop when I retired, don't ever want to use a PC again)

What kind of phone are we talking about? Is it foldable?

• 6mo ago
↵ameyabb said:

The "Photos" Management on my iPhone 15 Pro Max is frustratingly bad. If, in 2023, I cannot view Camera Photos in a separate Folder, I don't care what other magic iOS 17 or whatever brings.

Forgot to mention this about my 15 Pro Max. That & the typing experience on it.

• 6mo ago
↵Krishnp3 said:

I have a year old One Plus 10 Pro 5G unlocked phone which I am using at US with a SIM card from a particular Service Provider . From last few months , I have lost the 5G connectivity and it displays as 4G on the network plus am unable to send text messages to a number of any other service provider except the numbers from my own service provider . Not sure what is the problem and even my service provider tech team tried but finally say it's a One Plus phone and hence cannot do much .

Any idea how this can be resolved?

• 6mo ago

Current motorola one 5g ace annoying thing about this phone is lack of software support

That motorola provides with all their devices

• 6mo agoedited

My Galaxy A53 5G is a great phone. The screen is big, beautiful, and the bezels are less than even the A54. Love the 25W charging speeds. However, the battery life has gone downhill since buying it at launch, especially when having 5G on. The performance is good enough although it can be sluggish at times. The cameras are good but nowhere as excellent as my previous Pixel 3a. I'd give it a 8-8.5/10 if I'm being generous. I might go back to Google Pixel next year.

• 6mo ago

the most annoying thing for me on my google pixel 6 is the constant loading of content in the google search application that simply does not load. I am also bothered by the lack of Google in the material you design, when applications such as google news, fit, maps, play store, google search, google books and many others lack material you and at least the set colors are missing, there is only the obligatory blue which I don't like. Another piece of the puzzle is updates, when Google announces a function in the feature drop, but the function cannot be found after the update, it will come with an update of Google services over time, but I am most bothered by updates on the server side, then you are not sure of anything.

• 6mo ago

i need gold detictore app

• 6mo ago

I can't stand the fact that almost all Samsung phones in the United States are permanently bootloader locked. That means I can't customize my phone's operating system, not without abusing an exploit. Even if I do, Samsung punishes me and other developers in the form of a proprietary implementation of VoLTE (which can't be implemented in non-official software), rendering the phones useless on US carriers without restoring the original manufacturer software.

It's as if we can't be trusted to use our phones as personal devices; devices we paid for and should be allowed to modify under the idea that because we paid for it, it's ours to do with it as we see fit, hardware and software.

I can't say it's Samsung's fault, because outside of North America, you can unlock the bootloader of models bought overseas. It's only when you get a US or Canada model that you really, truly get the boot, but the VoLTE issue still remains.

If our phones go out of date, we aren't allowed to update them on our own terms, with our own code - and when we are, we potentially endanger our safety because of something as simple as an LTE communication standard being proprietary and hard to recreate. That's the overarching issue here.

• 6mo ago

The battery notifications on my phone at 20% and again, at 10%. It is SO ANNOYING!!! Especially during gaming - it pauses any task dead on unexpectedly! During movie, during any task!

I don’t care if my battery is at 20% - I can go almost a full day on 20%. I don’t even care if it’s at 10%. I want to turn off that damn notification completely for ever!!!!!

• 6mo ago

Relatively poor battery life on my Pixel 6. I no longer use phone as heavily as I used to, but I still have to top the phone at least 1½ times per day and twice if I'm on 4G - it's super annoying to only be able to get 6 hours SOT with moderate usage (I don't play heavy games.)

Subpar speakers: I love to watch YT on my phone as a means of relaxation, and I'm always left unsatisfied with the low volume and almost non existent bass on my phone speaker. Compared to my previous Oneplus 8, it's middling, while it's terrible when compared to any iPhone above the 12 series. I heard the speakers on the pixel 8 series is good, but I won't be getting any Pixel phone until they move away from the Tensynos.

Thermals: this is a minor annoyance, but I just hate it when my phone gets randomly warm for no apparent reason . My previous OP8 rarely ever gets warm, even during intense gaming sessions.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless