What's the most annoying thing about your current phone?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 5mo ago

People are a hard-to-please bunch! We can never be truly content, can we? This is an evolutionary trait, not a defect. Otherwise, we would've stayed around the cozy campfire in our caves a hundred thousand years ago. So, even though our phones can now take fantastic images, route us around the world, run games, play music, and do all kinds of stuff, there are things that still bug us. For example, I hate smartphone cases; for me, it's a failed design if you MUST get an accessory for your already super-expensive phone. And yet, I tried using mine without one, and it accumulated so many scuffs and scratches that I regretted not slapping one from the get-go. What about you? What's the thing that annoys you the most about your current phone?

• 5mo ago

The battery life on my S22 Ultra is terrible compared to that of my 14 Pro Max. I have to remember to look at the battery indicator on my iPhone because it easily goes 2 days between charges. Depending on the usage, my S22 Ultra will damn sure let me know by as early as 5PM that it's at 15% after being taken off the charger at 100% 11 hours before. If there wasn't heavy TikTok or Mario Kart usage, I can make it to as late as 10PM. But I'd love to not worry about charging it for at least 24 hours.

"For example, I hate smartphone cases; for me, it's a failed design if you MUST get an accessory for your already super-expensive phone. And yet, I tried using mine without one, and it accumulated so many scuffs and scratches that I regretted not slapping one from the get-go."

That sounds like when people who say, "I hate using condoms" & then get mad that their negligence created a responsibility they now have for the rest of their lives.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 5mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

The battery life on my S22 Ultra is terrible compared to that of my 14 Pro Max. I have to remember to look at the battery indicator on my iPhone because it easily goes 2 days between charges. Depending on the usage, my S22 Ultra will damn sure let me know by as early as 5PM that it's at 15% after being taken off the charger at 100% 11 hours before. If there wasn't heavy TikTok or Mario Kart usage, I can make it to as late as 10PM. But I'd love to not worry about charging it for at least 24 hours.

"For example, I hate smartphone cases; for me, it's a failed design if you MUST get an accessory for your already super-expensive phone. And yet, I tried using mine without one, and it accumulated so many scuffs and scratches that I regretted not slapping one from the get-go."

That sounds like when people who say, "I hate using condoms" & then get mad that their negligence created a responsibility they now have for the rest of their lives.

I hate condoms as well! :) With all due respect, the analogy is not perfect. I can operate without one and not get any damage to my gear; the purpose is a bit different.

I've used phones in the past for years without a case, with little to no visible marks. My Nokia 6300 Classic, Nokia 8, and Sony Ericsson K750i didn't need a case. I'm aware I'm a bit biased when it comes to phone cases, but it is what it is.

Back to the battery life issues you mentioned, you're not the first to complain. I have several people lamenting their Samsung device's battery life. Might be OneUI and poor optimization or thermals during gaming?

• 5mo ago

"With all due respect, the analogy is not perfect. I can operate without one and not get any damage to my gear; the purpose is a bit different."

The only difference with the analogy is that you can easily get rid of the damaged phone & get a new one. Morally, it would be f'd up to just get rid of a kid that was created due to your own negligence.

"My Nokia 6300 Classic, Nokia 8, and Sony Ericsson K750i didn't need a case"

Did you really just try to prove your point with 3 little ass feature phones?! SMFH. We're done with that part of the conversation. Smartphones need a case. Period.

Regarding the battery life, I definitely think the S22 Ultra was poorly optimized as I've heard from people who went from the S22 Ultra to the S23 Ultra that the latter is a much better phone in every way. We'll see what happens when I get the S24 Ultra; and given the fact Samsung's still offering $800 for my S22 Ultra I might just get the S23 Ultra for $627 to hold me over until then.

• 5mo agoedited

2GB of (LPDDR3) RAM... yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought a device that was advertised would get two years of OS upgrades, and security patches, and all that, and allowed myself to be lured by the "brand name" even though it cost double what I would have paid for similarly spec'd phones at the same time... it has become a recurring nightmare in these last few months. Everything on this phone is beginning to stop functioning without the phone needing to be rebooted in order to find enough RAM for the process I'm trying to run at any given moment. Force-close everywhere all the time... trying to eek out a third year of this phone is torturous... never again, Samsung!

• 5mo ago

The "Photos" Management on my iPhone 15 Pro Max is frustratingly bad. If, in 2023, I cannot view Camera Photos in a separate Folder, I don't care what other magic iOS 17 or whatever brings.

• 5mo agoedited

1 iPhone 14:

Slow charging speed, 60hz Screen, long winded procedures to do things which on a stock/ near stock Android phone can be achieved much more efficiently and most of all, the lack of compatibility and connectivity with non apple products, just because it's a f*cking iPhone.

2 Google Pixel 7 Pro:

Slow charging speed, battery life is not great, the phone is fast enough for now but the Tensor 2 Chip leaves me a little worried about the future.

Overall though I am very fond of my Pixel and pleasantly surprised by the iPhone 14, despite being "Team Android".

• 5mo ago

I have a year old One Plus 10 Pro 5G unlocked phone which I am using at US with a SIM card from a particular Service Provider . From last few months , I have lost the 5G connectivity and it displays as 4G on the network plus am unable to send text messages to a number of any other service provider except the numbers from my own service provider . Not sure what is the problem and even my service provider tech team tried but finally say it's a One Plus phone and hence cannot do much .

• 5mo ago

My phone was advertised with OTG capabilities which is one of the things that I was wanting. And advertised with 5G . Neither of the things will work on the phone. I've tried to contact the company about the issues with no response from the company. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do next?

• 5mo ago

Weight. As my only interactive Internet device it's too heavy for long usage. ( I got rid of my laptop when I retired, don't ever want to use a PC again)

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless