Debate: How much storage do you need on a phone?

Join the discussion
• 7mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Photos and videos?

Yes. Dance videos. RAW photo files I share with clients. My massive music collection. 6-8 movies for down-time. Offline maps. But it's far and away the videos.

• 7mo ago

Idk? the more the better??

• 7mo ago

Business of one million dollars plus yearly and 5 grandchildren has my 128GB phone 64% used of internal storage after 3+ years. Why would you need more than 128GB ROM unless you're Elon Musk you bunch of "save useless s**te morons?

• 7mo ago

Currently on 128gb! It’s enough storage! But the next one will be on 256gb

• 7mo ago
↵RoryBreaker said:

2TB...F*** the cloud! And before anyone asks, try shooting a 3 min 4k high res video & tell me how big the file is!

I was shooting 23 minutes in 4K, and I still believe 2 TB is overkill.

• 7mo ago

I need at least 256 GB, but 512 GB would be the optimal.

• 7mo ago
↵RoryBreaker said:

2TB...F*** the cloud! And before anyone asks, try shooting a 3 min 4k high res video & tell me how big the file is!

Cloud storage is BS. Especially with Apple prices.

Every oems that offers cloud gives 15GB free. Apple charges for anything above 5GB. What a ripoff.

I've tried using cloud storage before and in the past, all of them ended uo shutting down. Am sure Google and Apple or Microsoft aren't going anywhere soon, but uploading all that data when you. An easily just buy an external drive with all the space you need and pay once and be done. Only an idiot uses cloud. If you are on vacation and you end up needing it, that is different. But then, download everything once you get home.

Apple fans take video and picture after video and picture and never save the stuff to a PC or Mac and then when their phone breaks, they get mad if you can't recover their data. Because thst is how dumb users are. Plenty of dummies who use Andeoid too. Same reasons. Not just picking on Apple fans.

• 7mo ago
↵StanleyKubrick said:

I could easily get away with 64 because I rarely take photos or videos and when I do I eventually dump them out to Google Drive. And yet I buy 256 or 512 with a deal primarily for resale/trade in value. Waiting to see what the S24U w/2 terabytes will cost (if available in the US).

With 2TB? About $1800 will be my guess.

• 7mo ago
↵stulla said:

1T,bring back the memory card slot & F.M. radio.

Phones cost so much and every year keep taking away stuff.

There are apps that stream FM radio. You don't need the FM tuner in phones anymore

• 7mo ago
↵scubastevie said:

With Cloud storage, you really dont need anymore than 256 on device.

If you using cloud storage than you're not very smart. Buy an external USB thumb adapter an stick a 1TB sdcard in it. Be way cheaper than cloud.

Oh wait, and iPhone can't use external drives. Ha!!!! Sucks for you!!!

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless