Debate: How much storage do you need on a phone?

Join the discussion
• 7mo ago
↵MsPooks said:

1TB has been good for me. Currently at 580GB.

Damn! What's using so much space?

• 7mo ago

2TB...F*** the cloud! And before anyone asks, try shooting a 3 min 4k high res video & tell me how big the file is!

• 7mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I used to think that 64GB was painfully low, but leaving apps and OS data aside, I struggle to fill even 64GB. Everything is in the Cloud nowadays. I would say 128GB should suffice for about 90% of the users out there...

I'm fine with 128 GB. I take a lot of pictures and some videos, but I use a cloud service for long-term storage. But, as I like to keep a year or two of pictures in the phone and sometimes download movies to watch offline, not to mention that the OS take up significant space, I'd struggle to go by with 64 GB.

• 7mo ago

I would feel confortable with 256GB. To be honest, I have had 2 phones with 128GB and always had plenty space available :-)

• 7mo ago

128GB is good for all around use, most devices include this by default and I wouldn't pay more for just more flash storage than 128GB. If I had my preference it would include an SD card.

• 7mo ago
↵RoryBreaker said:

2TB...F*** the cloud! And before anyone asks, try shooting a 3 min 4k high res video & tell me how big the file is!

A...men!

• 7mo ago

When recording videos of my boys' football games and practices I'm always grateful for 512 storage.

• 7mo ago

However much I am willing to pay for, based on what is available.

But today's phones don't have enough.

I am still holding on to my Note 20 U, because I need my sdcard. I don't want to shell out $100's extra for storage that oems pay only $5 for. Literally.

With 8k cams, 200MP photos and apps that take up lots of space, all phone should just come in 2 sizes. 512 and 1TB of space.

Samsung, you need to put the sdcard slot back into the S. With the lesser voting models having it, there is no excuse to not have it in the premium models.

Oh and Samsung until you do, I won't be buying another Galaxy device. I want the S23U so bad, but without an sdcard slot, it's a not buy for me. And no, I don't want to use an external drive, even though I can.

• 7mo ago
↵RoryBreaker said:

Hevc makes a huge difference

• 7mo ago

The fact that Apple defaults too HEIF and HEVC makes a huge difference and I find think many people realize. Almost half the file sizes for photos and videos. I am good with 128gb. I periodically backup to Google photos and offload. My pro max will be 256gb though by default. Nice to have but not a need imo. Then again it has 48mp and more camera features.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless