Debate: Curved vs Flat displays?

Join the discussion
• 11mo ago

I remember the s7 edge. My friend got one and my other friend commented that the icons were falling off the edge lol. It was novel and cool but one that wears off it’s more of s liability. I’ll take a flat panel. A very tight minor curved edge isn’t that bad imo but flat is superior.

• 11mo ago

There's a reason Apple has flat displays. They understand the market. The other phone makers are just doing it to be cool and different but it's stupid.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵MsPooks said:

Curved screens served their purpose, but the only reason they exist now is to keep Whitestone Dome in business.

It was just a proof-of-concept thing that went viral and out of hand :))

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵jjface said:

Love curved screens. Having a narrower phone is so much nicer to hold and it looks better too. The curves are not to pronounced these days to interfere as much as they used to.

Why not just have a narrow phone with a flat screen? Like the Sony Xperia models. I think the screen estate is pretty much lost at the curves.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵bitwiser1 said:

Flat! hate all the accidental screen touches

Word! I can't use a curved screen phone without a case, my mushy palms block the touchscreen completely!

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵pabliwiwi said:

flat or with some kind of a "pillow" shape like the screen of the lumia 930, or 2.5D like the ones on the Lumia 800/920

Great shout about the 2.5D glass, it was a thing at one point! I quite like it as well.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵Princedede said:

Flat screen with 19 : 9 is the best to me!

I kinda miss the 16:9 aspect ratio...

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵Teh_catasstrophy said:

ZTE gang. In fact I don't think folks understand how important the Nubia line was/still is to the smartphone space. No phone maker even back then had the idea of a "bezel" less phone, well SHARP tried at it, didn't quite take off.

Japan is a completely different planet when it comes to... pretty much everything. Smartphones included. These guys still rock flip phones like there's no tomorrow. That being said, Sharp made a lot of smartphone innovations that went under the radar, alongside Fujitsu, Toshiba (fingerprint scanners, retina scanners, carbon fiber phones, etc.)

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 11mo ago
↵Cosnayomex007 said:

Slavov, the pictorial spec of your mindset is ?

Hey, it's Spring, can't help it ;)

ivan.k
ivan.k
Phonearena team
• 11mo ago

I can't get used to the curved screens...it feels very unnatural in the hand. Sadly, most Android flagships are curved ?

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless