Debate: Curved vs Flat displays?

Join the discussion
• 11mo ago

Haven't really had/noticed an issue with either

• 11mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

We're on the same page here. On the other hand, I still remember back in the day, when I was invited to the Galaxy S6 Edge premiere, how stunned I was by the design; it looked really cool and futuristic. Not at all practical - my mushroom palms touch the display when I hold a curved screen in my hand without a case, to the point where it's not operational... I'm generally against phone cases, but they're a necessity with curved screens...

I remember when they came out with the S6 Edge+ & thinking why the hell did they come out with that phone? It was literally a reverse Note 5 without the S-Pen. Something told me to flip the Edge+ over when I was comparing them side by side & I thought, "Someone really said, 'We need yet another device to go with the S6, S6 Edge & Note 5. I know, flip the Note 5 over & make a phone that way!'".

I really wish I had access to a Note 5 to see what it would be like as todays' phone design.

• 11mo ago

Curved screens served their purpose, but the only reason they exist now is to keep Whitestone Dome in business.

• 11mo ago

Love curved screens. Having a narrower phone is so much nicer to hold and it looks better too. The curves are not to pronounced these days to interfere as much as they used to.

• 11mo ago

nothing to debate. just buy what you like and enjoy.

• 11mo ago

I love my Galaxy S22 Ultra but i hope the s24 will have a flat screen. Flat, not flatter

• 11mo ago

Flat, please. I just wish flagships didn't come with curved by default and no other option to choose from.

• 11mo ago
↵MsPooks said:

Curved screens served their purpose, but the only reason they exist now is to keep Whitestone Dome in business.

I would like to know what that purpose was? Why why they keep insisting on using it. The only thing a curved screen does, is provide less usable space on the screen, increased glare, and more susceptible to scratches.

• 11mo ago
↵MsPooks said:

I gotta admit though... Whitestone Dome is a GREAT screen protector.

• 11mo ago

Flat! hate all the accidental screen touches

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless