iPad mini teardown pegs bill of materials at $188
2. fistigons posted on 05 Nov 2012, 02:54 3 0
I think Apple should have skipped the in cell display tec and went with a higher resolution display. May have kept the price down. Or they wanted to save it for theiPad mini 2.
4. Kronic (banned) posted on 05 Nov 2012, 04:37 1 0
Amazon doesn't want a high profit! Oh wait their ads on the lock screen....
5. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 05 Nov 2012, 05:07 1 0
thats how google and amazon get their money...ads!!! annoying ads!
6. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 05 Nov 2012, 05:13 2 0
43%?!!!!! thats huge!! apple why are you so greedy!!
a lot of people (not android folks here) dream to have an (mac and iPad for simplicity, there's still people who dont like the customization of android or any other linux thats why they buy a windows PC) iDevice but its price is too much!!! for example, in my country, an average worker(permanent) can receive a salary of php 8000 or almost $200...so getting an iPad mini will cost them 2 month of their salary!
you contribute to education but you're so pricey to a lot of people!
7. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 05 Nov 2012, 05:49 0 0
This based on standard equipment prices or Apple's rates? We all know Apple has strick contracts for components, I'd be surprised if their profits weren't even higher.
8. BadAssAbe posted on 05 Nov 2012, 12:02 0 0
Forget apple, look at the surface price!
On second thought, FTW, Go Android