Your Siri voice files are kept by Apple for up to two years, though anonymized
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1229; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Who cares how long, as long as my weed gets delivered on time... And not two years later. xD
17. Topcat488 (Posts: 1229; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Feel sorry for yourself, it might help someone... I'm HAPPY.
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
May help someone to get addiction to the drugs?
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
u must be very high. and what does WEED HAVE TO DO with mobile news?
16. Topcat488 (Posts: 1229; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
You "Inspector" Never contribute anything worth reading leave your parents computer alone and get out of their basement and get some fresh air... Weed is "Legal".
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 15263; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dang topcat, snoop dog would give you a green thumb lol
18. Topcat488 (Posts: 1229; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yeah man, Snoop Lion and me could go to town on the sticky icky yicky.... I'll take that green over a green thumb any day.
2. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
So all the naughty things I asked/said on my friend's siri will be kept by Apple for 2 years...?
3. Ninetysix (Posts: 1902; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yes. The FBI van is outside your house as we speak.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
never knew your gf was SIRI (scarcasm).
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1463; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
like every one else doesn't violate privacy
6. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 362; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I wouldn't get your undies in a bunch about this. Voice recognition is hard. Modern tech does a pretty good job, but certain words and environmental conditions can still pose challenges.
Their algorithms and methods are under constant improvement, and when they make changes they have two options. They could make it go live right away and utilize their users as beta testers, but you could end up with a mess like the Apple Maps launch. But if they have a back-log of real-world data to run through their software they can prove out their changes before releasing it to the field, and they end up with a much better user experience.
IMO is they wanted to keep tabs on you it would be far easier to do so using text forms your browsing history, search queries and selections, and your location data.
9. Daftama (Posts: 598; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's hilarious I didn't know we had privacy
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Another reason not too own a iPhone.
14. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Anonymous voice data isn't that anonymous, your voice print is almost like your signature and something recording your voice and storing it isn't a great thing. Just as long as you don't have a voice attenuated security system that requires your voice imprint. But I suppose that they can amass enough data that they can create a program that can adeptly recreate your voice and use it for voice disguise. Technology is great but it can also be used just like everything good for unscrupulous reasons.