You can (kind of) get Google Maps back after iOS 6 update
How to get Google Maps in iOS 6 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
How to get Google Maps in iOS 6
1. Open Safari
2. Notification appears
3. Add to home screen
4. Rename, if needed
5. You're done!
2. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You should write about the new google maps for android with the sweet one handed zoom in an out!!!
The gesture is great!
7. smdeezy (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I just checked out the new one handed zoom and it is sweet! I think it's better than pinch to zoom! Easier to use and apple can't sue over it!
9. Ohrules (Posts: 298; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
i'm missing something here. could you provide a link? many thanks!
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
15. mrgq09 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
lol Apple can sue...in this instance i think they would be on the receiving end...
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes and Google always believed in maximising one handed operation/use unlike "pinch the butt" patents.
4. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
iOS users are screwed. Atleast for one year.
6. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 640; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Will Apple allow google maps to be available? Or it will be like Google Voice Search which is still not available (the App Store that is)
8. trentsinmypants (Posts: 303; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
wait until someone ports the google maps app and sticks it in Cydia :)
10. PAPINYC (Posts: 1950; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That's funny: "they" got a bigger screen with a new connector and "they" 'kind of' lost Google Maps.
So Apple said, "you can have THIS but, ya' can't have THAT!"
(Hey, wasn't that a song?)
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2740; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Google Maps is pretty basic if you need general directions even if it was off a couple of times namely with location of something. People need to understand how a business works. Apple was dependent on Google for maps before iOS 6. That was making Google money. Would you really sit and allow a company to make a lot of money off your platform with all of your data?
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Google maps is pretty basic? you serious
''Would you really sit and allow a company to make a lot of money off your platform with all of your data?'
well if thats the case samsung, sony etc all who make the parts for the iphone should stop....why should apple make money off there products
google maps and nokia maps are the 2 best in my opinion. apple are only doing this to further close off others. its pretty bad for the customers if you think about
14. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
If apple was smart it would have let google make a google maps app for the ios platform years ago but instead they wanted control and use googles services with their horrible software. The lack of turn by turn directions is the biggest reason I got rid of my iphone. Google instead made more money by people switching platforms. The only reason Apple has a leg to stand on is 3rd party apps. If you keep If you take that out Apple is just another outdated operating system with outdated hardware.
18. GeekMovement (Posts: 1471; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
He doesn't even know what google maps is. He doesn't know anything outside of the Apple ecosystem. (-:
19. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Hmmm....this story makes me wonder......What is Apple without their Apps+iTunes Ecosystem?
21. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2740; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
What is Google without search and Android?
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and there's also a better one! m.maps.nokia.com with turn by turn navigation!