We'll be covering Samsung's Galaxy S III launch event!
Here's when the event will kick off:
11AM Pacific | 1PM Central | 2PM Eastern | 7PM WET | 8PM CET | 9PM EET
Stay tuned to PhoneArena!
1. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
The Galaxy S III launch tomorrow followed by CTIA next week, this s**t cray!
32. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's the thing: is it actually the launch, or just the announcement? Considering it hasn't even officially been announced yet, I can't imagine they plan on releasing it for at least a few more weeks. Either way though, the next 24 hours are going to be hard to sit through!
51. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
whatever commentator is really excited atleast ou can forget him on eve of launch of $3
60. Phullofphil (Posts: 798; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I am getting the impression that Samsung is building there business middle after Apple so exspect the release to be within days afterwords. Wellexcept for America wich will get it probably by the end of the year again. Sucks we won't be getting the exnos chip I hope that is not true. I heard it does support LTE. And I heard it don't. Truly krazy if it don't as to why not.
2. ilia1986 (unregistered)
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5150; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If it launches in the U.S. with the S4 chip, it will be a huge letdown. That would be like a GSIIS.
9. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Maybe you have not seen the reports on the S4. Unbelievable power with battery sipping performance. Blew away the quad core Tegra 3 all across the board. I was among those who was initially let down by the S4 in the HTC One X and Evo LTE but after seeing the performance, i'm a believer and actually hoping it has the S4.
18. dsDoan (Posts: 208; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Regardless, Snapdragon has never lived up to Exynos in real world testing or benchmarks. Even if the S4 is a good chip, it's still a let down in comparison.
64. TimTebow (Posts: 69; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Blew away? You mean got blown away in antutu and cf benchmarks while basically getting the same scores in quadrant/sunspider.
Go do some research again.
70. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
And it did it all while using way less battery. That is a pretty big achievement. Remind me again why I should want the Tegra 3? Maybe the Exynos will be better but it is built on the same platform as Tegra 3.
46. lpratas (Posts: 84; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
You are wrong.The S4 chip it's much superior to the Exynos 4 Quad or 4412 even being quad core. In relation to K3v2 of Huawei this Samsung processor it's similar in performance which being like that it's inferior to Snapdragon S4 even being a S4 dual core. In the Linpack benchmarck the result must be half of the MSM8960 almost certainly. Samsung Galaxy S III only would be superior if it had the Exynos 5250 Arm Cortex A15 dual core. If the Exynos 4 Quad had a frequency of 2GHz then there would have a similar performance or even higher.
69. Thomas5.3 (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
what would make the S4 chip superior to the exynos 4?
71. Sangeet (Posts: 225; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
don't listen to this guy he probably thinks that s4 is yet another dual core chipset. Maybe he has no idea of what is the real power of S4 and how much battery friendly it is
Just don't listen to this loser, he probably just looks at how the device looks in the paper specs not how it performs
If i would have give him a octa core processor with the old processor technology that was used in the HTC Dream and the other one having 4 krait cores of the S4 then i am sure he would go with the 8 core one. what does this define, he has no idea of any technology just bragging by just reading the specs
5. Joppiehump (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Thats in 2,5 hours right? Europe here... -_-
19. Joppiehump (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Right, thanks. I forgot i'm from the future.
6. Zumo911 (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 May 2012)
i just hope the rumors of the S4 chip to the US vesion isn't true
49. lpratas (Posts: 84; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
If it be, what is the problem? Almost certainly it's better the Exynos 4 Quad. THis Exynos processor it will be a deception if it not be at 2GHz of frequency, unless 1.8GHz.
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The bad news is that I'm getting an SGS2 in a month.
The good news is that the SGS2 is still going to be awesome no matter what, and will omfgown anything that Apple puts in October. :)
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You won't be disappointed, Samsung Galaxy S II is good smartphone. :)
21. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Good to know man. And for all those who thumb down our comments - this won't help you. :)
37. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It depends on which model though. I pray for your sake it's not one with an S3 chip instead of an Exynos...
54. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Definitely the Exynos one..
24. dsDoan (Posts: 208; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Why are iPhone users lurking Android articles, anyway?
25. taz89 (Posts: 1895; Member since: 03 May 2011)
if you dont mind me asking why not just wait for the s3 as thats likely to be out within a month
27. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Because I get the SGS2 for free from work. :)
29. taz89 (Posts: 1895; Member since: 03 May 2011)
free that makes sense..current s2 user and you will not be dissapointed at all...i would be more than happy to use the s2 for another year.
55. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I can't wait! I already know that I will root it, and install Apex launcher pro, widgetlocker, and about anything else which is widget-related on the play-store :)
41. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
question. The SGS2 is a phenomenal monster phone, but if your getting it in a month, why not just save a little extra and get the SGS3 which will be out shortly afteR?
58. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Because I get the SGS2 for free from work. :)
63. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Can you sell me your (soon to be) old iPhone lol.
Nah just kidding, I'm a fresh owner of an HTC One S and I'm loving it.
66. ilia1986 (unregistered)
My iPhone 4 will go to my dad. :)
73. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ahh. well then carry on then.. carry on :)
10. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
with this and avengers on friday, right now i feel like i just drank a pot of coffee and wrestled a bear!!!!!
74. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im all about seeing some Avengers this weekend. I think ill go to an early Saturday showing instead and skip all the loud morons in the night showings.
35. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
wow 5 thumbs for what i said, jesus, sorry for being a comic geek
75. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you didnt say anything wrong. Its the iTrolls in here thumbing everyone down because they are not getting any attention.
81. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
You know that feeling, you know, the one you get when your not surprised, but you should be?
82. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they are a special breed... thats all i got to say about that.. lol
12. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
I can't count. What time will it be on GMT+8?
13. ch.hassan (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
o yes i am wating a long of galaxy s 3 i so happy
14. VJo003 (Posts: 314; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
guys, how many hrs to go?
My brain ain't functioning any more...
17. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
2008-2010 - Apple won hands down. Android wasn't even close
2010-2011 - Android caught up, exceeded in some areas, dropped the ball in others
2012 - Android is fighting for the win
Apple will always sell well but at least I can finally have awesome products without an 'i' in front of it. Thanks Apple for pushing others forward, thanks Samsung & HTC for accepting the challenge, responding to the fight, and now possibly even winning...though it took a few years.
20. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 167; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Exciting event indeed! The only problem that might happen is that it could be a while till it gets to the US like the s2
30. djg71087 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Oct 2010)
I believe I saw an article at the beginning of the year (on The Verge) that an insider from Samsung wanted to have a global launch for the GS3. (for example: Asian market probably getting it 1st, but having a US launch within a month or so).
22. yellowboy74 (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Oct 2009)
Boy i tell ya. If the regular consumers would get excited about this phone as the geeks are, this phone would shatter iphone sales. And I am not a fanboy....
23. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Aww some child went and thumbed down everyone, how devestating
28. kylehudsons (Posts: 42; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
around 1900 hours at my country...
which means 18 hours and 39 minutes left till the announcement or the event start
33. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Cant wait for it! i really hope Samsung unviels the SGS 3 tomorrow!
11am my time :) nicee
34. PC_Surgeon (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Here's hoping for Galaxy Note like function (S-Pen). Otherwise unlocked Galaxy Note N7000 in my future. In other words Samsung/Verizon you better have a device that is worth that two year contract or I'll happily buy outright and pay monthly until something really tickles my fancy (iPhone 5?). Galaxy note N7000 can be had for $500 in the states now so its well worth it IMO.
36. iphonehater (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
what is the time for this coverage in india
40. gowtham.n.mail (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Midnight 12:30 or something like that