US government and military getting Android phones
5. ReturningToNokia posted on 03 Feb 2012, 15:37 4 18
This is THE nail in the U.S. Government's coffin. Lord help us!
6. InspectorGadget80 posted on 03 Feb 2012, 15:38 1 5
But didint the govt choose dell as their device? Its a piece of crap
18. Nathan posted on 03 Feb 2012, 17:26 6 0
I think one reason they chose the Dell Streak was because it's one of the few US made Android Smartphones.
7. darac posted on 03 Feb 2012, 15:40 12 4
do people need any more proofs that android actually is a BETTER OS?
9. LoneShaolin posted on 03 Feb 2012, 15:51 3 2
I don't know if it's the OS that sold them. I think it's a combination of that and Aplle basically giving them the finger. That's bad for business. Look at how much potential revenue they are going to lose over this.
39. ZayZay posted on 04 Feb 2012, 10:33 0 0
They probably wanted android because apple has most of their factories over sea's and won't bring $$ back to the US.
But what do I know
8. GALAXY-S posted on 03 Feb 2012, 15:48 6 1
Atleast its somthing positive thats goin on with the US gov this year
10. ilia1986 posted on 03 Feb 2012, 15:56 17 5
Wow.. Apple doesn't allow the military of their own country to access the iOS code.
In other words - Apple doesn't care about saving the lives of the soldiers who defend their country (The military doesn't need smartphones for Angry Birds. It needs them to save lives) - the very country on which Apple exists actually. All it cares about are trolling patent suits and $$$$.
25. stealthd posted on 03 Feb 2012, 21:45 3 4
Are you capable of posting anything that isn't riddled with logical fallacies?
28. ilia1986 posted on 04 Feb 2012, 00:18 4 1
Are you capable of posting something that could disprove or discredit my statement?
44. remixfa posted on 04 Feb 2012, 12:00 2 0
im actually interested in these fallacies.
there is a reason you dont see many stories about apple doing nice things for people.. because they dont do many nice things for people.
55. baldilocks posted on 05 Feb 2012, 13:56 1 0
Most of the people who frequently post comments here are incapable of that.
11. gallitoking posted on 03 Feb 2012, 16:05 2 19
the way are goverment is run.. good ridance.. next thing you know they will mess perfection that is the iphone...
13. EclipseGSX posted on 03 Feb 2012, 16:16 3 0
lay off the kool-aid nothing is "perfection" stupid cock face
14. gallitoking posted on 03 Feb 2012, 16:26 1 4
sorry cant concentrate.. have to look at your avatar..@
15. EclipseGSX posted on 03 Feb 2012, 16:30 0 0
22. Whateverman posted on 03 Feb 2012, 21:08 3 0
See! Now THAT, is a bad a$$ chicken!
37. Sniggly posted on 04 Feb 2012, 09:18 1 0
The ninjas back! :D
41. Whateverman posted on 04 Feb 2012, 11:33 3 0
LOL! I was in a joyfully antagonist mood after the truely shocking news about iOS crashing more than Android. Figured now was the perfect time to let my geek flag fly.
29. SleepingOz posted on 04 Feb 2012, 01:09 4 0
Aren't you the one who said that the gov and army were still considering ios when this info was only a rumour. Now, guess what?! They did and found out that ios is just a plain stupid app launcher. ahahahahahhaha
32. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 Feb 2012, 04:55 1 0
@ Gallitoking Do you realize how much of a tool you sound every time you troll? If you actually beleive the iphone is perfect you clearly are the most ignorant and blinded fool I have ever seen. Nothing is perfect, yes that's right not even Apple. Time to wake up and stop drinking the apple koolaid already. I don't care if you hate android but you sound like a complete brainwashed fool with no mind of his own.
16. metoyou posted on 03 Feb 2012, 16:37 5 0
Great job Android
btw what happen to taco and the miz?? only "cock" is here that's sad!
17. jove39 posted on 03 Feb 2012, 16:45 3 0
So from now on android will have two releases...civilian and military spec :)
19. ph00ny posted on 03 Feb 2012, 18:00 0 0
IIRC, Apple still doesn't have FIPS cert for iphones
20. Pings posted on 03 Feb 2012, 19:11 2 0
I can just see it now 5-7'' pip-boy like Androids. Then hook one of these to a drone for a birdseye view. Just launch the AirForce app and drop some bombs with a touch from your device. Front facing camera for orders and keeping in touch with loved ones. Maps with all sorts of info. It would need some kinda of safety features so someone just cant pick one up off a dead soldier and get info off of it.
21. The_Miz posted on 03 Feb 2012, 20:31 2 9
Wow, the US making the wrong choice again just like when they decided to enact the new healthcare plan from Obama.
33. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 Feb 2012, 04:57 4 1
Seriously, he would be waving the american flag high in the air and singing the nation anthem if the article stated that they were going to use iphones. Complete and utter brainwashed tool.
38. Sniggly posted on 04 Feb 2012, 09:20 1 0
Oh jesus. I actually agree with you about something (the healthcare thing, not using Android).
45. remixfa posted on 04 Feb 2012, 12:01 0 0
well.. your half right. Obama and his health care were the wrong choice. Android however, was not.
47. The_Miz posted on 04 Feb 2012, 12:23 1 3
Android is the right choice...if you don't give a flip about security, having a good and stable phone, or want a phone with poor support.
49. Pings posted on 04 Feb 2012, 12:59 3 0
Pwn2own, Apple has the worst security by far. Apple gets embarrassed year after year at pwn2own. Their apps crash more than Androids and they both have their share of viruses. To me the iPhone's iOS really isn't an OS, its more of an app handler. They need Android so they can necessary tweaks and customizations aren't possible on Apple devices. They want features built into the OS of Android and not an app you launch from your iPhone. Now that we know that the iPhone's app are less stable this was the best choice.
51. thinking posted on 04 Feb 2012, 13:33 0 0
This is where I read it first... A crashing app sounds very secure, though, if it can save the "state of play".
52. remixfa posted on 04 Feb 2012, 13:41 1 0
maybe if you live in an alternate reality miz.
apple gets killed first every year at the hacking competition. (pings just mentioned that i see)
apple keeps failing government security standards
apple is fragmented to all hell with no end in site
apple apps crash more often than android apps.. with no end in site.
apple holds the record on fastest OS remotely hacked at a whopping 12 seconds from start to finish.
apple tracks every last movement you do for a year, sends to to HQ, and then records another years worth.
please show me where apple is more secure.
35. lubba posted on 04 Feb 2012, 05:30 0 3
I guess the government haven't been keeping up to date on their tech, Android prone to malware! This a vessel for hackers and attackers that have grudge on government to do their work easier.
36. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 Feb 2012, 05:48 3 1
Another tool speaks, I swear you would believe pigs can fly and a cow can jump over the moon if Apple said it or if there is some anti android article posted.
54. EclipseGSX posted on 04 Feb 2012, 17:13 0 0
lol bitter iFan go cry into your pillow shaped like Steve Jobs