The Acer Jade Primo is the world's first phone to support Windows 10's Continuum
1. kefalin (Posts: 249; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
still better looking than Lumia 950 leaked design,if they set right price to it, it will overkill Lumia 950
10. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 526; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I have been waiting years for technology to finally allow a smartphone to be used as a windows PC. Cant wait to see more of this tech. Android has kinda been able to do something similar for a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=VbOCp6ruans, glad to see windows doing this now to, depending on how well it is implemented it might sway me back to using a windows phone again.
20. elitewolverine (Posts: 5183; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
This isn't windows doing this now. Windows phone has been able to do that for awhile, screen sharing is not new.
Continuum is entirely new and not something atm that any android oem supports for a smartphone.
23. pedling (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
Samsung made a Smart Dock (HDMI and 3 USB ports) for the S3 back in 2012.. Android 4.2 supported Dual screen/Display, and the GPU vendors (Such as Qualcomm and Silicon Image) tried to promote Wired/Wireless Dual Display to developers, but there was little interest..
I Seems that the interest for connect Smartphones to TV is very little, Samsung has dump the MHL in the S6 series...
Cortinuum is going to be anything, but a Gimmick...
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3751; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
While leaks are 90% reliable, I'll wait for the announcement to be 100% sure. But I think Acer has a winner here... Snapdragon 808 + 1080p might just be a killer hardware combo.
This is why smaller OEMs have better surprise factor. They announce something good while no one is expecting. We keep on expecting Samsung, Apple, Sony, HTC etc, to produce something outstanding that we are rather disappointed half of the time.
2. rishav20193 (Posts: 206; Member since: 18 Jul 2015)
@ PA - the ram ? & internal storage ?
well...this could be my next phone if MS doesn't launch an equivalent lumia !!
4. rishav20193 (Posts: 206; Member since: 18 Jul 2015)
i always wanted a phone with 5.5 inch, 1080P screen & SD 808 !!
JUST HOPE IT SUPPORTS SD Card & has 32 gb of storage
5. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 149; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
The specifications haven't been revealed in the live stream. My guess it will have 4gb of ram since the predator 6 has 4 gb, also it is the first device that supports Continnum so they should equip it with the best spec available in the market.
6. Switch00 (Posts: 472; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
My Nokia N8 had 'continuum' way back in 2010. Awesome multimedia device for that time (superb camera, sound quality, ...), too bad they never upgraded, but replaced it with cheap looking plastic phones.
22. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1048; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
No it didn't. You don't seem to know what continuum is.
7. rsiders (Posts: 913; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Lol I am actually pleasantly surprised. How did Acer produce a better looking flagship than Microsoft? The specs actually are nice for the very optimized W10M.
9. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Acer S7 ultra book is the best looking laptop by far IMO so I think they can do way better.
If they make a high end smartphone look like the S7, I might actually buy it.
8. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Great idea. Once they get the i5 equivalents working on these pocket PCs I might bite. Surface phone and surface tablet merging into one? MS should try it.
11. mixedfish (Posts: 1177; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Was excited when they introduced it as a Pocket PC, was thinking full blown Windows, as they kept talking about it sounded more and more like an Android phone with Keyboard and mouse.
In other words, not interested.
14. noler (Posts: 322; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Do not be confused between WP/Android Project My Screen and Windows 10 Continuum!
21. elitewolverine (Posts: 5183; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Fail at understanding what continuum truly is. Screen sharing on android is old news when put along side continuum.
15. Chuck007 (Posts: 1109; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
A highend phone from Acer... and Windows 10 mobile at that... whoa I did not see that coming.
18. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
me neither... coz they always bashing Windows.
17. gersont1000 (Posts: 334; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Nice. I hope the price is good. I'll have to decide between this and the Blackberry Venice.
19. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
when will ASUS joining the game? coz I rly hate the ACER brand (cheap quality)