Sony Xperia Z gets sandblasted and tortured in a bathtub (video)
19. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
He should do less talkin' and more dippin'
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
First review says build quality, performance and SW is awesome, screen is very sharp with disappointing blacks and viewing angles (picture), 4hrs of screen time on battery. Test subject arrived with a 32gig SD included & a docking station + a high quality earpiece. Photos are average albeit taken in dull conditions, too much noise reduction. It has 4.1.2 and Chrome on it which is showing in the tests. Overall it comes recommended.
3. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 444; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Meh IDC. I don't look at the screen sideways or upwards or downwards. IDC about the dissapointing black color the TFT LCD makes because you'll only notice the horrible black in dark places where the LED backlight is visible.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Agree on the viewing angle stuff, but not on the black, under light the lack of deep black is distracting, also during videos and gaming. It's not bad on the Z BTW, just dark grey as the article puts it.
11. amansingal14 (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
As of blacks, I will adapt to it. Rest, there can be no phone like this one... (right now, as in future Sony and Nokia will keep on making phones)
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, we know how Oppo Find 5 is awesome and cheap blah... blah... blah...
5. Andrewtst (Posts: 379; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Very impressive showing how durable this phone are !!!
16. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Sir, you are easily impressed, but rubbing a little sand across the display and rear side of a waterproofed smartphone, too me is not... $60,00 extra and almost any phone can be waterproofed. :) Believe me, that extra charge is already added to the "Z".
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
PhoneArena.com, why you never say thanks for tips? :)
8. BonoEstente (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Fast Show: Bono Estente. Thetheethethethehtehehthe
9. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Make this kind of drop test videos
13/01/videosamsung-galaxy-s3-vs-nokia-lumia.htmlwhich makes comparison between Lumia 920 and GS3
21. cripton805 (Posts: 997; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
That video is one of the stupidest videos yet.
Direct hit on the GS3 and the Nokia was knocked off of the pole. It almost looks like they were aiming at the bottom portion of it. It was already curving downward by the time it was going to make impact.
The Lumia is a more durable phone. This test is stupid though.
10. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1462; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
wherever he's at looks nice and it looks like he is at a SPA
12. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Dragontrail Glass really impressed me. Corning already talked the talk with the Gorilla Glass 3, let see if they can walk the walk.
13. buccob (Posts: 1564; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
thumbnail in the main page looked like arranging a cocaine line...
14. PunyPoop (Posts: 741; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I don't care about anything! I want this phone!
17. kdealltheway (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
This guy reminds me of those people that sell knives. Similar presentation...
18. Crane (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
I saw a test of the Z and think that my Acro S is much better for me now. The camera is so noisy and it dies at night. After 10 minutes, both side of the Z looked dirty and the standby time was terrible, caused by the large display.
23. crusher (Posts: 9; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
this is more like a joke than a torture test, and pouring sand doesnt make it sandblasting. torture test should like drown it for a week or put it under a car or throw it 10ft up!!!