Sony Xperia S, Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update coming in May
Sony’s 2012 Android flagship launched on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is currently running on 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Samsung Galaxy Note on the other hand was the first phablet on the market, and it also launched on Gingerbread and now runs ICS.
The information about the upcoming updates leaked from French carrier SFR and below you can find the release date for the updates for different devices.
source: Xperia Blog
2. sorcio46 (Posts: 395; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Galaxy Note N7000 has been updated to 4.1.2 since Feb/Mar
5. hung2900 (Posts: 788; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Maybe they wanna excuse for XS that it is not the only one coming late, but that's fail.
10. cR203 (Posts: 188; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
It sure was. I've been running 4.1.2 on my galaxy note since February. I got the update through kies.
3. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Keep it up Sony! I'm waiting for the Jelly Bean 4.2 update for the Xperia Z!
By the way, good job Sony and Samsung! :)
4. LAKAME_MAN (Posts: 30; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
The JB update rollout for the G Note started a month or two ago :|
13. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I think this ones talking about the French Carrier devices
6. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Just received a new frmware version on my note2 xxdmc3 :) heating problems almost gone :) super fast battery upped again;) waiting for 4.2.2 w/ gs4 madness looks and features
8. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Lol something wrong w/ what ive said haha
7. rojiblanko (Posts: 18; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Once again I am so glad I got rid of my Galaxy Note i717 and bought my Nexus 4!
9. Igneel (unregistered)
Yeah, every OEM smartphone users should be jealous of Nexus users :P
11. mydi.maus (unregistered)
finally thought these phone never get updated..
12. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
galaxy note update was promised in march. Some of us STILL havnt received update