Siri struggling with Japanese, beaten by local competition
- Is it cold outside? Both services provided weather information, although Siri was slightly slower.
- I have a stomach ache. While Syabette provided directions to the nearest hospital, Siri was unable to understand the user's request. Siri was given another chance, but she failed again.
- Give me a map for Chigasaki. Once again, Syabette scores as it is tailored for the Japanese market. Siri, on the other hand, is unable to provide directions outside of the U.S.
- Look for videos of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. If you do not know who Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is, worry not. Siri does not know either. Syabette, however, is well familiar with the awkwardly-named Japanese pop singer.
- I want to cook some curry. While Syabette responded with cooking recipes, Siri could not understand that the request had anything to do with cooking.
- Wake me up tomorrow. This time Siri worked as expected and asked the user at what time he wanted the alarm to go off. Syabette automatically set an alarm for 10:00AM.
1. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
(In my best asian accent) WHAAAAAAA???? Yea i actually do speak some Japanese. and i tried siri.. didnt work all that well. I wonder if i can convince them to make a Siri Ebonics Voice patch. My brother has one. and he wants to kill her for not understanding him. haha!
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
And Apple will once again reiterate it's still in Beta, as usual...
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4188; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Exactly, but remember the iFans always knocking Android because of "half baked" betas. Well how about the "half baked" Siri? Not doing too well in English, not to mention Japanese!
9. Astreo (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Actually i rarely have any problems with siri not understanding me in english. cant knock the japanese since i dont speak it though.
3. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
lol at docomo. crazy japanese with everything needing to be moe. even the voice tries to sound cute.
5. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
They need Steve Jobs to tell them that they're saying Japanese the wrong way!
7. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Where is the zoombie zulu language
8. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Don't disrespect other ppl's languages! Dumb ass!