Samsung will pay Ericsson $650 million plus royalties to end patent dispute
1. Taters (Posts: 2579; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If Ericsson charged Apple less, which they probably did, it would be extremely disappointing. Funny how everyone gives Apple these crazy discounts, including Samsung, and they try and milk HTC and Samsung for all their worth.
2. Dowson (unregistered)
That's why your sammyphone costs like an iPhone and is made of cheap crappy plastic.
4. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
By the sales of their phones most people are not bothered by the plastic including me.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7277; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Another user on the site that thinks they can speak for everyone. What OEM shipped the most phones last year and quarter? Thank you.
11. Sreddy (Posts: 42; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Samsung paying billions for patents.. copying things, craming into one device, and people things its inovations lol
12. sniperdroid (Posts: 107; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Wow, I thought we were done with these kinds of post? Oh well.
3. teja171 (unregistered)
Ericsson still alive ?
13. the_best (Posts: 132; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
alive and well.
They are market leader in network infrastructure building.
The business that Nokia has bet all their horses on.
7. Topcat488 (Posts: 1108; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Why Samsung didn't do the same with Apple is beyond me, or maybe the fruit didn't want to settle so easy... But i read here that lately they (Apple and Sammy CEO's) are agreeing more.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7277; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because Apple still believes that their patents are worth $30 and others to be worth pennies.
Does that seem fair to you?
15. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
Also because USPTO suck it up to Apple.
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 2487; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Its all over the news, Apple wants US$30 per device for their design patent while paying one penny for samsung 3g related patent.
Bottom line Apple is unwilling to settle in 2011 and 2012 thinking they own the smartphone industry. Now with China OEM smartphone players getting aggressive I think Apple should settle and get some real money from Samsung. Otherwise they will sue and appeal and the cycles goes round and round.
Apple can't touch the China OEM if they want to do business in China. The socialist government in China can give Apple a lot of trouble if Apple dare to treat them like Samsung in America.
16. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
I agree with you for the first two, but the last one is a bit overboard.
IMO: Apple can bully other OEMs in USA, but outside USA they will have to follow the Rules of Law.
10. Taters (Posts: 2579; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol are you really that clueless? Because Apple patents are bulls**t and these ones are legit. Samsung has never ever had a problem paying for patents, ever. So if Samsung refused to pay Apple it is because they are retarded ones like round corners and packaging.
Also why else did you think HTC and others fought them for years before giving in to the pressure from Apple and the US economy. Because those patents never should have been granted in the first place.
17. SijanRozina (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
Samsumg seems to be not in mood to carry any disputes over patent. Not bad