Samsung trademarks the term 'Hyper Bright Display' ahead of the Galaxy S 4 launch
1. Diego! posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:28 9
Hyper Bright Display = Transparent Display? :O OMG! *just wishing* xD
10. Topcat488 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:42 16
Now please work on the Hyper High Volume Sound... It's really needed (speakers)!
22. nicholassss posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:55 11
The speaker volume is low, but the in call volume on my note 2 is is painfully loud. until its at 1/4 volume, then its too quiet.
37. McLTE posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:48 1
maybe it's my rom (Eclipse) but my in call volume for my note2 is INSANE!!!
Turned all the way down it's still too loud! I'll take that though because with my GNexus, it was so damn quiet I couldn't hear anyone EVER.
11. imkyle posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:43 1
So everyone could see what you are looking at? No thank you.
32. Suraj3337 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:25 0
Everyone dont have better work to do that keep looking at what your doing?
14. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:47 6
Wow indeed, look at the leaked photos, warm color tones, high contrast, deep blacks, natural white, good brightness. I'm a little worried about the blue subpixel though and it's life expectancy.
45. Mxyzptlk posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:53 0
They made the screen brighter. I don't see what the big rave is.
53. pkiran1996 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:44 0
Apple made the iPhone 5 screen slightly more saturated. Don't see what the big rave was.
57. lyndon420 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 19:01 1
If it was apple, you'd be all over it calling it innovative. Seriously...do you ever have anything positive to say about any phone running Android?
3. samsunggalaxylover posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:30 2
I think the one on the galaxy s3 is better (I don't think that is the real phone)
4. cas_shekhar posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:31 3
keeping my finger crossed for something extraordinary.
5. apple.bb.htc.sony.nokia.rip (banned) posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:32 0
hyper bright display for making first 1080p phone, go sammy go!!!
21. mandar1997 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:54 4
Are u drunk or sammu fan boy HTC DNA Is first 1080p phone
6. Nathan_ingx posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:33 4
I hope the S4 is supplied with a battery enough to hold all these features.
17. GALAXY-STORM posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:49 3
S4 has the highest battery and endurance rating among all other 2013 flagships upto now. Even the lg opt pro didn't impress with 3140mah battery.
23. Nathan_ingx posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:55 5
Did you see that 'tomorrow'??
You travelled to the future and back??
To something that's not officially released, you've got a real deal of details there.
26. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:02 1
Where can we see these ratings,who made these ratings? Or it is your troll fantasies?
56. pwnarena posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:49 0
i don't think that will be the case given that they will be using IR for gesture scrolling.
19. Nathan_ingx posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:52 3
Oi, you no good, jobless thumb downers!!
Please do yourselves a favor and stop wasting your own time clicking the red button.
25. jan25 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:02 0
a bright 1080p display is bad news for any battery but given Samsung track record, battery life is the least of my worries.
41. PhoenixWright posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:18 0
Simple solution: Tone down the brightness...
Hard solution: wait for a custom ROM with better power management and maybe a lower brightness setting...
Costly solution: Buy a bigger batter with a modified cover or batter juice case.
Best solution: Don't buy it if it's a battery hog.
7. xperiaDROID (limited) 5 days ago posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:34 5
Hyper bright display, this means that the SIV will have very nice viewing angles, great job Samsung! :)
33. SleepingOz posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:28 5
The Galaxy S series has always had good viewing angles, thanks to AMOLED technology.
42. PhoenixWright posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:23 0
Better viewing angles are one of the best advertisements there is.
What better way to entice other people to buy a phone than seeing the pristine screen from the side and making them want to see and hold one up close :D
8. HTCOE posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:40 3
hmmm well looks like ill be waiting on the next Nexus... this isn't something i will go out my way to pay retail for
9. protozeloz posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:41 0
Wonder how bright that thing will be... Can't wait for JV to get his hands on one =-O
12. DroidGalaxy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:44 0
We are all waiting for Sammy to show us that beauty peace of art tonight
13. _Bone_ posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:44 1
Why not go all the way in over the topness and call it HYPER BLAST DISPLAY?
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:48 3
What's it gonna have that htc's displays don't already have? Besides those unattractive oversaturated blacksd and blueish hue tint?
20. DroidGalaxy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:54 5
Htc fanboy just wait to see the beauty tonight, then after tonight you will keep your mouth full of s***t closed
27. Yeahman posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:03 7
Oversaturated blacks? That makes about as much sense as 'loud silence'. You simply don't know what you're talking about.
34. SleepingOz posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:31 7
Buahahaha!! Ahh butthurt haters nowadays, they're so bitter that they no longer use their tiny brains before spewing BS. Oversaturated blacks, seriously! LMAO!!!
44. SamsungFan posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:49 1
Anyway better than your xperia z
It has one of the worst display with poor viewing angle and a poor camera only the design looks nice.
Only the design ............
55. jroc74 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 18:00 0
I will agree about the blueish tint. Its noticable on a white background. On games, movies.....not so much to not at all. And it mostly when you look at the screen from an angle, like tilt the phone. Straight on....its not that noticable to not at all.
Oversaturated blacks? lol.
Anyway....Your oversatured....color.....is my vibrant color, colors that pop. I probably will not go back to an LCD phone unless it comes close to Amoled pros, which is deep blacks, good contrast, good viewing angles, and "vibrant" colors.
18. bigstrudel posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:50 0
Well it wont be hard to upstage the display on the GS3 thats for sure. Of all of last year's flagships the GS3 had the dimmest display by far.
24. Lifengineer posted on 14 Mar 2013, 09:59 1
Yeah nice to see it blinking and how he cannot turn it on or off as he wants!
Fail... And that is coming from an S3 owner!
28. PhoneArenaUser posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:04 1
It is too early to judge, what if he was showing us just a prototype?
29. darac posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:08 2
Oh come on, ultra pixel, hyper bright..cheap marketing BS
31. apple.bb.htc.sony.nokia.rip (banned) posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:18 6
and mindless nokia fans
35. SleepingOz posted on 14 Mar 2013, 10:38 4
Let the haters hate! Tonight Samsung is going to unveil the SOTY 2013!
38. rusticguy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 11:23 1
No use .... someone will soon trademark Extra Hy per Retina Display or "EHRD" as they would call it for short and fans would go out of control and take a dip in Mud bath :D
49. rusticguy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 13:09 0
There's a contradiction of two terms "Hyper" and "Cheap" ... ... so better luck next time baby ... ;)
54. rusticguy posted on 14 Mar 2013, 17:15 0
Something like saying Hyper DIM screen. It can't be a + and - at same time .. or may be in slang lingo it can :)
43. guinnkevinr posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:36 1
Not to be a buzzkill or anything... But.. The application for this trademark was denied, as stated in the source link you've provided for this story.
47. oneeye posted on 14 Mar 2013, 12:56 1
update: DENIED - someone never read the info:
Registration Refused – Descriptive Mark
Registration is refused because the applied-for mark merely describes features of applicant’s goods. Trademark Act Section 2(e)(1), 15 U.S.C. §1052(e)(1); see TMEP §§1209.01(b), 1209.03 et seq.
50. Mustang5Oh posted on 14 Mar 2013, 13:14 0
Actually the USPTO DENIED the trademark if you read the documents. :)
52. Trex95 posted on 14 Mar 2013, 16:24 0
Hyper bright screen?!!! You must be kidding me Samsung, the same Chinese guy on this video made an screen comparison between Xperia z vs S3 vs S4 and Xperia z win more brighter and more sharpness. Don't believe guys check Gsmarena.com then dislike this comment.