Samsung to make 20nm and 14nm mobile chips in a new $1.9 billion foundry
1. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Wow big news. Exynos Quads on 20nm is making me melt.......
14. cyborg009 (Posts: 100; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
hahaha... same thing is making me hard :P
2. hung2900 (Posts: 899; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
And Im waiting for Graphene semiconductor too
5. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
you need to wait like 10 years more
3. cttan456 (Posts: 62; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
OMG! Awesome!..Samsung is the indisputable leader..They are No.1 and not resting on their laurels are going full steam and widening the gap to competitors...
12. AbhiD (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
really??? samsung is widening the gap to competitors???
actually others are on the verge of crossing samsung especially qualcomm as they have 28nm as compared to 32 nm of samsung.
and i alsp expect intel to do miracles in the coming days, as far as their plans go they will reach 14nm in 2013 and even drooling 5nm in 2015 or 2016 which no one other has the capability to reach
4. ScottSchneider (Posts: 325; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Woooooooooooooowwwww...!!!!!! 20nm Chips..... ^_^
6. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
So my Galaxy S3 will surely be outdated by next year. Great. Just Great.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
how idiotic. no matter what phone you buy, its outdated in 6-12 months. technology moves too fast. out dated and not useful are 2 separate things.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Wow. These are great news for ARM.
I'm sure Qualcomm will also respond to this given the immense financial resources they have on disposal.
In short, great news for ARM, bad news for Intel
8. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Hey sid wake up its technology no one can stop it,every new year we get smthing new which is even better than predecessor
10. mercorp (Posts: 995; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Next thing, samsung will make 5nm exynos for the galaxy s5.