Samsung confirms quad-core Exynos to appear in Samsung Galaxy S III
same process used by Samsung to make the new Apple A5 chips. The GPU is the same Mali 400 used on the Exynos 4 Dual although the clock speed has been increased from 266MHz to 400MHz. According to some leaked benchmark scores, when it comes to graphics the Exynos 4412 should outperform the NVIDIA Tegra 3 and the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4.
Before those in the U.S. start celebrating, there is a chance that the Stateside variant of the Samsung Galaxy S III could end up with the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 aboard because of the latter's integrated LTE radio which the Exynos 4 Quad doesn't have.
source: SamsungTomorrow via AndroidandMe
1. GeekMovement posted on 25 Apr 2012, 23:43 29
Noo not SnapDragon! We want Exynos! or at least an exynos dual-core if no quad
39. CX3NT3_713 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 05:39 5
Awesome,,,, this might be my first nternational phone,,, only if it has a screen size of 4",56 or 5". ,, sorry,, I own a galaxy note'' can't downgrade on screen size ;-)
2. rockstarlive posted on 25 Apr 2012, 23:47 22
That's a beast right their. Imagine the gaming.
12. jove39 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:26 11
Don't expect much from Mali400...it wont make new gaming performance standards...it's overclocked to feed hd display without sweating!
18. cepcamba posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:34 6
The overclocked MALI-400 actually blows everything out of the water and even holds its ground against the powerful GPU of the iPAD 3/"New iPAD".
MALI-400 doesn't need to be overclocked to handle HD screens, look at the Note (1280x800). :p
31. thebikerboi2 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 01:31 0
dude this is a Mali 400mp2 that had to be overclocked(400mhz), just to keep up with the the 200mhz SGX543mp2. against the SGX543mp4 almost anything out there is utterly destroyed
37. darac posted on 26 Apr 2012, 03:56 2
Well, that's until Adreno 320 shows it's monster face.
With the performance of about 4X the Adreno 225, it will be more than double as powerful as 543MP4 :)
44. remixfa posted on 26 Apr 2012, 10:44 3
which is until the 5250 dual core comes out with its new GPU which is 5x the power of Mali.. :)
50. cepcamba posted on 26 Apr 2012, 17:48 1
Yeah.. :p We should compare same gen chipsets to be fair. Exynos gets defeated here and there but overall and by far, Exynos is superior.
16. cepcamba posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:28 11
Not just the gaming pal. Everything about Exynos chipsets are wonderful. GS3 would only be beat by a next gen phone. GS3 will sweep same-gen phones off the floor.
AND the 12MP cam is a nice addition compared to other 8mp flagships. :p
3. CommentBoxEnforcer posted on 25 Apr 2012, 23:49 10
And boom goes the dynomite...now all i need is that good screen sammy is known for, htc build quality and moto razr slim w/battery
15. BattleBrat posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:27 14
Play with a titan, HTC knows how to construct a phone.
34. akshaye.shenoi posted on 26 Apr 2012, 02:49 0
A glass build would have been bliss. Delicate, but my god it feels good!;-)
4. jordan30589 posted on 25 Apr 2012, 23:49 2
Would had liked Mali T605 better but seems to be the 400 was tuned up to the max!!
10. jove39 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:18 14
S4...will be deal breaker...f**k LTE...I'll buy international version...for quad core exynos.
47. bruindog posted on 26 Apr 2012, 12:31 0
Agreed! That whole HTC quad vs S4 chip debate was a joke.
13. fishywishy posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:26 0
hmmm anyone notice the phone running Exynos 4412 at 53secs in that clip....
19. Archan_Pe posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:35 0
Made me more excited... now if i could only see the phone itself! LOL it the make it or break it time... :D
20. bruindog posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:40 1
Cant wait to see comparisons between this chip and w.e. Apple has to offer this summer. Either way i'm getting this bad boy I just like seeing Apple fall to Android every time they get on their high horse!
46. sgogeta4 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 11:52 0
You do know that Apple's hardware is made by Samsung...
25. chadrick0814 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 00:49 9
Its funny cause iOS still won't multi-task or let you apply custom widgets. But hey, at least you can launch apps from the awesome 4x4 grid of icons!
43. Xquisite posted on 26 Apr 2012, 08:42 0
Its funny cause not everyone needs custom widgets and a big screen, most iPhone users I know just text, call, facebook, tweet, take pictures, and browse the internet.
48. chadrick0814 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 13:25 1
Cool. That being said, there is no way that a limited , closed, proprietor OS can be considered the best. Its almost like saying a Ford Focus is better than a Mercedes because people just need to get to and from work.
29. jcpwn2004 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 01:13 5
it's funny because the iphone will still be the preferred phones of people who are clueless about tech (girls, old people, and hipsters. Well maybe not hipsters anymore since the iphone is getting to common).
See how easy it is to troll.
32. Phullofphil posted on 26 Apr 2012, 02:14 1
Bro not all negative coments are trolling. Biased coments and ignorant coments just to provoke a fight are trolling in my small little book
41. eaxvac posted on 26 Apr 2012, 06:15 0
yeah, look at the amount of thumbs down from fandroids who are locked in their own world hahahah
33. Phullofphil posted on 26 Apr 2012, 02:20 4
I will be so frisking irritated if Verizon will be left out of the exenos chips again because of LTE. I would rather have that freaking chip over the snapdragon or Tera 3 and not have LTE any day. Lte is great but most servers don't provide that great of an upload feed to utilize it al the way
35. theingeniousgeek posted on 26 Apr 2012, 03:39 1
Any one knows what is the phone that was used for this demo??
36. androidrockzz posted on 26 Apr 2012, 03:55 0
what about the battery backup . is there any improvement in it
38. darac posted on 26 Apr 2012, 04:02 1
So, no one notices the elephant in the room?
It's Snapdragon for US-market Galaxy phones all over again!
But if they go with a PRO version,(and i think they actually will) then it's a no problem.
On contrary - these LTE US versions should be the best Galaxy S3 phones actually.
40. kshell1 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 06:13 1
Its official, i don't care what i am getting this phone lol
42. Robertoq posted on 26 Apr 2012, 06:47 0
Which is this phone in the video? (70sec)
45. remixfa posted on 26 Apr 2012, 10:53 2
I realize that the original article that this was based off was wrong, but that doesnt mean that you should continue to pipe wrong info. Its been said a dozen times over that samsung has integrated LTE into the 4412 chips. Samsung has said it was a mistake last time and they fixed it, and its been reported on a dozen times over the last year.
Exynos has built in LTE. That means the likelihood of them having to switch out chips in their flagship phone is extremely slim.
49. _VipeR_ posted on 26 Apr 2012, 14:48 1
I need to do some archive digging! I know that I saw an article on PA, that was released around the time we found out that the US variant of the One X's was gonna have the S4 because the Tegra wasn't compatible with LTE, that said that not only was the next exynos processor already LTE compatible but also Samsung was thinking of making their own LTE chip to accompany the Exynos. I refuse to buy an SIII with out an Exynos chip!