Samsung Galaxy TabPro S arrives in the U.S. tomorrow starting at $900
1. zunaidahmed (Posts: 812; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
Correction, the CPU is not clocked at 2.2GHz, it can be boosted to that frequency for a very short period(about 15 secs but may vary) then it goes back to under 1GHz again because TDP limit.
2. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 676; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
I need some reviews of this thing. Want a new tablet pc and im stuck between this and the Surface Pro 3 or 4.
9. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1431; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
There is no competition to surface pro 4 at its starting price. Dont even think about it.
16. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 676; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
I think I won't. Surface Pro 4 I5 is looking very good.
21. theguy2345 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
It's the best tablet PC by far. Nothing even touches it at this point. Go for it.
I was actually about to buy one, but then I said screw it and I got myself a six pound gaming laptop for the same price. It was worth it for me, as one of my main reasons for upgrading was dolphin (the emulator) and I wanted to play other PC games.
23. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
Not true do some research. There are better tablets than the aurface
11. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
youtube has them and its been given the better deal thumbs up, i just got a laptop 3 months a go and last week got a 500gb ssd upgrade so to late for me.
4. twens (Posts: 978; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Surface is you don't mind some few bulk. This if you're an Amoled fun and love your gadgets skinny.
5. MisterQ (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
No full USB port..... Samsung went for thinness over usability. How can it be a full desktop/laptop experience without a usb port?
18. Anonn (Posts: 230; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
There is a built-in USB Type-C port. Also there is optional Multi-Port adapter with additional (HDMI, regular USB, and USB type-C ports). More than enough for everything.
6. bubbadoes (Posts: 987; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Get a Surface...Samsung is always playing catch up to somebody...they mimic everything!!!!
28. KONICHIWA-ANNYONG (unregistered)
They make it better.
Surface? Heavy, bulky, thick. This Samsung? Thinner, lighter, better tech...
Also it's not like the Chinese - ripoffs.
30. MisterQ (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
It's not better.
Samsung has no full USB port. No kickstand (only 1 position on the keyboard cover stand).
31. KONICHIWA-ANNYONG (unregistered)
No kickstand, are you serious? Ridiculous. Sauce?
THey've made the Tab S 10.5 case... which has three positions.
7. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Keep it. Way to pricey vs the Surface. Especially when it using Intel M processor. If it was with the i5 for $900 that would be perfect.
But it is a nice hybrid.
10. Totse2k15 (Posts: 458; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Expensive... I'd rather go with a surface/laptop.
12. hado86 (Posts: 105; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
Will consider this once more compact thunderbolt external graphics options are available.
13. Rajan13 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Mar 2016)
What would be good hybrib after Surface pro?
15. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 3017; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
The Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Tablet with it's modular parts...
14. ogroup (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Mar 2016)
Expensive and under spec... I'd rather go with a surface/laptop
20. Floyd1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Feb 2015)
The pricing is right in line with its competitors; the Surface Pro 4 with a M3 processor is $899.99 and the iPad Pro 128GB is $949.00. It has a few features included with that price that the competition doesn't, such as a keyboard and amoled display. The Samsung is missing somethings the others have included such as a pen, larger display and micro SD slot.
22. Anonn (Posts: 230; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
My next Windows-to-Android Cross Platform gadget. This is the only Windows tablet worth getting. Integrates well with Galaxy devices, Tizen TVs, Gear VR, Gear S2, Gear 360.. Nothing gives you all of this advanced integrations and flexibility. The built-in USB Type-C port and optional Multi-Port adapter (HDMI, regular USB, and USB type-C ports) give you more than enough for everything. The 10+ hours battery with quick charging is another great feature to say the least.
25. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
For day to day operations it beats the surface. Now with that screen I am surprised there no i7 version for graphic designers. It should be an accurate screen