Samsung Galaxy S4 is the fastest selling Android flagship: 4 million in five days
The Galaxy S4 is the world’s fastest selling high-end Android device, beating the sales records of its predecessors. Samsung unveiled the S4 on April 26th shipping 4 million of the 2013 Android flagship in just five days.
The S III took 21 days to sell the first three million, the S II took 55 days and the original Galaxy S sold the first three million in 85 days.
"As of the end of April, we supplied four million Galaxy S4 handsets to telecommunication operators around the world," a Samsung executive said on Friday. "As of Friday, we have sold more than 6 million units, and we predict that we could break the 10-million mark by as early as the end of this month," the company added.
source: Chosun Ilbo
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Well deserved. A little rough start but SW improvements are quickly coming out. It's a beast.
I still wish competition good sales, to keep up the healthy rivalry which results in the best products, cause they MUST be good.
19. tech2 (Posts: 2904; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Do you know if updates have started rolling out to fix the lag/stuttering issue yet ?
23. tedkord (Posts: 6780; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No update needed, just disable the animation settings. It still animates, but its smooth.
24. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
hahahah you have 8 core phone and you say that just disable animation settings :) what a poor action :)
38. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1861; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
The chances he has the 8 core version are very slim, he probably has the quad core version.
46. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 May 2013)
8 core doesnt mean 8 cores running at a time..
4 a15 running for heavy performance rendring
4 a7 running for low performance rendering
That specific exynos can run the 8 cores at a time but it will be an overkill
61. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They should'ev gave an option where you can either have all 8 cores running, or 4xA15, or 4A7 running, but there's no option for that.
Root it, Lag wouldn't exzist.
62. Trex95 (Posts: 662; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I used to do it with my previous S4 no noticeable different still lag and stuttering. The only way to make S4 fast you have to root the phone and remove all S apps including a few google apps if you are not going to use it like tags, Chinese and Korean keyboard, talkback. you can even freeze those apps when your root any Android phone.
66. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Just overclock the Cpu and the voltages, lags™ what lags™
49. abdane (Posts: 484; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
hahahahaha ! as i said before... it will sell like hotcakes ! SAMSUNG HATERZZ... WHERE ARE YOU !!! :D
how much did your HTC One sell ? oh... 10-15,000 ? hahaha
84. barondebxl (Posts: 109; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
And haters talk about plastic LMAO. How does it feel that plastic sells better than aluminum? BWahaqhahahahhahahahaha!
91. imran86 (Posts: 58; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Everyone saying it's plastic just put it side to side to your precious iphone 5 and see which one looks premium.
94. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
feels like people are stupid. :D I have a samsung, the plastic sucks d**k
39. AnTuTu (Posts: 1193; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Note 3 will be like 10 million in a week :)
Way to go Sammy proud of you and also well deserved.
2. joey_sfb (Posts: 4087; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Samsung just update my Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Jelly Bean. I have a good user experience with them so will keep buying their products.
3. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
How much did the HTC One sell comparatively? I think the One deserves strong sales.
4. darkskoliro (Posts: 1054; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I'm pretty sure the One sold as many as they could produce, since its still waiting to be released in a few countries. One thing htc totally failed on.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
HTC deserves strong sales all right, but it's their own fault that the One had a rough start. I'd imagine they sold around 1M since release, which would be an impressive number considering the manufacturing nightmare. I think it will do 5 million more at least, a respectable number.
21. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think GSMArena daily hit charts from a sustained period are a good indication of sales.
Xperia Z for example, was on top for a good while with over 120000 daily hits..and the news were it sold 4.6 million during March.
Before that, there was a case where Micromax HD was on top for a few weeks, with news following about record sales of the phone in India.
Now, the S4 keeps 110000-150000 hits interest for a prolonged period of time.
HTC One is at 40000-50000 hits over the same period
64. Trex95 (Posts: 662; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Then who come Nokia lumia 920 comes i top and S4 no.2?!
41. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
htc one is major and superior design and it is business, sport etc. phone.
s4 is like a toy.
you can produce plastic more than aluminium :)
so thats the real problem.
also there is an advantage which is advertising samsung doing very well and rollinggg tooo much money on it.
48. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Htc One is a great device but you dont have to bash galaxy s4 in every comment you'll be dropping here.
Business phone? Gs4 will be having the Knox soon.. and the sharing feats of s4 and other galaxies are useful in business..What does htc one has that makes it a business phone?
Sports?? Gs4's SHealth will be more compatible for sports people, what Htc one has to be a Sports phone?
Toy?? They are both android
59. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Lame excuse. Your comment says otherwise.
And how is a phone design connected with business and sports? LoL
I dont have both of them because i am waiting for note3 EOS or sony honami, but if i will choose between the design of gs4 or htc one. I will prefer the larger screen with thin bezels with topnotch ergonomics than smaller screen with fat bezels
47. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
great for sami ..i waiting for news about htc one sales but i think htc dont enough money for advertise as great as samsung..
both are best 2013.
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
... and PA you're one of the best advertiser of Samsung Products, Samsung should be grateful to you
27. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
PA is a strange website. i couldn make any comment for them. :/
36. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You say this as if the majority of people who are interested in phones visit phone arena. It's not that serious, they advertise here and there but they aren't the reason Samsung has reached the amount of sales that it has.
7. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
So GSMA smartphone of the year Samsung Galaxy S4 award confirmed.
89. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Sammy from Amy's Baking Company? don't use that name...
9. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 May 2013)
This will be a thread for trolls and haters..Watch out
Anyway job well done Samsung.. it is now time to use again your money to fill up the shortcomings of galaxy s4.. prepare your note3, tizen device and s5, note 2 10.1, galaxy tab3 plus
Work hard, lg g2, htc one2??, oppo find 6? Nexus 5, sony honami and togari are coming
10. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Count the post of PA about GS4, bumpers, cases, etc.. even useless things, just to flood the site with GS4. Thumbs down!
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 773; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
so its Samsung's fault because PA chose to flood the website with anything related to Samsung?
Its Samsung's fault that manufacturers are making more accessories for the SG4?
14. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Count your nonsense posts first then we will count the posts of PA
11. Jason2k13 (Posts: 773; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
5 inch screen in a small thin body
new gpu and cpu,
new innovative software
sdCARD and removable battery
69 hours battery endurance
super amoled HD with options to change the screen colours
lots of accessories supported with a controller on the way
supports USB otg
i don't see any manufacturers doing better, HTC ONE comes close.
30. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
ahaha but still lagging on contacts and when swapping application on task manager :) it is opening all the application slower than the htc one.
i used both of them and tested too many times.
i am so sorry sammy fan boys but these are truths...
53. Jason2k13 (Posts: 773; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
so your an expert of these 2 phones, by just visiting your phone store everyday and testing them out?
56. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
no i bought s4 and sold it another day. then i bought a htc one.
i have 32 gb storage :) not 9 gb with same price :)
58. Jason2k13 (Posts: 773; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
and I guess adding a 64GB sd card is useless?
65. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There both great devices, I believe the One has much better build and looks very sexy and stands out with detail. But S4 is great to.
So why the dislike, or hate, they are both Android™
93. AFnerdTP (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 May 2012)
this comment is very much representative of your username. wait...
12. felisberto (Posts: 32; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
it seems a lot of people like the ''boring''plastic nature of galaxy s4.
15. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 May 2013)
It seems a lot of samsung haters are stupid
18. vincelongman (Posts: 2495; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
What if I told not everyone has the same opinion as you, there are people out there that think the S4 has a great design. I don't think its boring, I was disappointed but the design is still one of the best. Also it has 5" screen but its about the size of the HTC One (4.7"), Lumia 920 (4.5"). And removable plastic back with removable battery and micro SD card (cheaper than buying 64 GB, through can't run apps).
31. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Count me in..
S4 is stunning with its large screen surrounded by thin bezels.
Stunningly beautiful more than others(SCREEN ON)
51. prophet (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Even if I didn't cover up my phones with cases (which I do) effectively making the design of the body irrelevant, I also prefer to sit and stare at the screen instead of the back. The back of smartphones just aren't interactive enough to capture my attention.
In terms of the part of the design that you can see, the screen rules. The design of the back is only important in how it feels, and the GS4 is more comfortable to hold than the HTC One
50. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Same here.. but keeping an eye on the Sony phablet.
If its really 6.4inch though, and no stylus, then I'm out.
17. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Wait.. Galaxy S3 sold 3 million in 21 days?
And this thing sold 4 million in 5 days?
Hear that, haters?
The S4 just exploded from shelves!!
Seems like record numbers of buyers do not see, or have nothing against "cheap ugly plastic ".
Thank goodness, i say..a phone should be a phone, not a fashion acessory and a status symbol
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I knew it was going to sell well, but 4 millions in just 5 days! Man, that's insane!
People seem to favour powerful specs and features over aesthetic and that's great!
90. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Now sammy is a record breaker, the next thing to wait is, will it sell to 50M like S3, coz a lot of things can change.
20. slaggyb (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You are so much right the whole front page on PA is all Samsung galaxy s4 even the review that was done a month and couple of weeks ago is gummed on the front page...its so ridiculous just because other manufacturers don't pay you doesn't mean there are irrelevant..For instance the HTC ONE Trumps the s4 but its long forgotten by PA.. This used to be iphonearena but it has gradually changed to Samsungarena... Smh