Rumor: first iPad 5 units to be manufactured in time for September launch
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
With Full A15 cores, A7x
May be PvrRouge Gpu, or overclocked PvrSgx554 at 600Mhz
Lets wait and see, looking forward to another Epic design, concept, hopefully
2. Kurai (unregistered)
it will look premium indeed but it will have a much more premium price . . .
3. msa1988 (Posts: 391; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
iOS7 better be epic. All Apple has done with their new iPads is minor changes to the display / screen (same with their phones as well). They need an OS overhaul or this could be the end of their reign.
6. msa1988 (Posts: 391; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Really? I'm not much of an Apple fan, but to say they haven't been a top brand in the last few years is completely ignorant.
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I admit yes in the 10inch category but the iPhone was overtaken early last year....
11. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 156; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Yeah but just because it's a top brand doesn't make it a smart purchase. You are also paying a premium for the "brand".
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Exactly my point and btw PA can you make an effort to find this incompetent troll who keeps giving everybody red...
14. msa1988 (Posts: 391; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Maybe not in your eyes. There's millions of people who would disagree.
16. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 156; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
A few months ago my sister in law asked me to find her a good deal on a iPad mini for her kids because she knows that I'm into tech stuff.I told her she should get a Nexus 7 because its cheaper. She didn't even know that there were Android tablets available, she thought Android was a phone manufactuer. She picked up 2 so each kid could have one.
Long story short... I'm willing to bet millions of the people you speak of know very little about tablets. All they know is iPads and Kindles because thats what they see on TV.
Most techies and people who hang around here know that Android has come a loooooong way in the last 18 months starting with ICS. Apple is no longer a smart or value purchase. This is also reflectef by the recent
17. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 156; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
This is reflected by the recent stock falling. Investors know that Android is making a serious dent and Apple isn't the only big dog around.
18. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 328; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
That only happens in America. Yes I said it
12. boosook (Posts: 607; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Read the latest data on tablet sales... their reign is already over! :-)
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
To be honest if apple pull the same trick as they did with the iPad 3 to the iPad 4 then I'm sorry but they will be overtaken in the 10inch tablet category!
25. stealthd (Posts: 745; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Their competition would have to catch up first to be overtaken and they aren't even close.
22. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well where does it say that in the article? And of course it's going to sell... Isheep will always flock to there natural grazing post...
24. max9777 (Posts: 55; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
How, ignorant of you to say such a thing.. Mind you Apple was the first company to release tablets, people who purchased them at the very beginning, will continue on using them because it is in their comfort zone, why switch to something else, learn a new OS when you are already knowledge at one thing?
A few years back I agree it was all about who releases a better product, now its all about the simplicity of the OS, less to no bloatware and ease of use, which one factor that apple has.
Android are amazing, fast, beautiful, but they need to learn to use less garbage in their products, easier setting controls, and then it will be up to the consumer to choose.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5167; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Can't get any thinner than it is now. Still look the same and also still made from glass with a fragile body.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 7748; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
At this pint it's all about the OS. As inspectorgadget80 said, you can't get too much thinner...what's the purpose? Apple needs to hit a homer with ios7, or else.
19. kozza3 (Posts: 524; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i really hope the switch to the more refined iPad mini look, the current iPad looks horrible to me.
21. PhoneCritic (Posts: 329; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
@Dark I agree- the design is already the best it can get with a premium feel and price. The specs impressive by Apple standard and the Apps tailored for the iPad are very excellent. But the one thing that is holding it back is Apples tight control of the Os ( has it's advantage and dis advantage < I feel for me, as an IT professional, it's more of a disadvantage>).
In my opinion making the Os flatter by removing the design elements will not make much of a difference. However, Adding richer functionality will.
1. Bluetooth file transfer,
2. A file manager,
3. NFC support ( I don't know about Pull down notifications as Google is expected to get the Patent very shortly on this and a whole can of worms will open up Oh Boy)
4. customization options ( might be a problem since this is not something Apple favors)
5. Widgets (which would then be admitting that the completion got it right)
6. Cut the umbilical cord from iTunes ( might also be a problem since some revenue is tied to this)
7. Allow setting default apps ( instead of apple maps Google map can be selected as the preferred map program etc..) < this one will not happen >
8. standard USB support instead of a propriety connector ( I wanted to configure Cisco routers and switches from my ipad )
A host of other thing as well but Its one step at a time and I don't know if apple is willing to release some of it's control so it's users can have more control. But will wait and see I guest.
26. stealthd (Posts: 745; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Sounds like you're just saying iOS should become more like Android, which is silly.
28. PhoneCritic (Posts: 329; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Well I'm a tech agnostic. It's what gets the Job done for me. I have the iPad3 and a Nexus 10.1 both are excellent devices. However, when I want to get things done at work I usually use my Nexus 10. As a Network engineer I can configure routers and switches from my Nexus but not with my iPad. As a technology vendor to schools which are implementing both iPads and Android tablets and chrome books in the environment I find that the Cisco infrastructural plays nicer with the android devices as it supports more of the open standards. we are always handling trouble tickets with the iPads for Air view or Apple TV because of the propriety BonJour protocol that it uses for wireless multicast connectivity. I don't want it to be like Android I just want them to support more of the open standards. But you make a Good point
29. PhoneCritic (Posts: 329; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Can always dream about it. I love technology and I love all the players some a degree more than others but they all keep me in business ( if something is not broken and having issues then there's no need for my services) so whoever ( IBM, Cisco, Dell, HP, Apple, Google, HTC, Samsung, Nokia, etc..) I want them all to stay in business so I can continue to make a living. Lol
30. ken6688 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 May 2013)
one of the unique features of ipad is its 4 to 3 aspect ratio which makes vertical reading feasible without magnifying and this needs a wider vertical bezels like that in current ipad4. Thin side bezel is ridiculous. unlike ipad mini which can be grabbed in one hand with fingers so thin vertical can make ipad mini to be held like a phone. but this just doesn't work for a huge ipad.