Photos of leaked Apple iPad mini 2 casing show Space Gray color
First of all, one of the French sites says that we should see the new iPads introduced on October 15th. Furthermore, French site NWE says that the Apple iPad mini 2 will offer buyers the chance to purchase the 7.9 inch model in Space Gray. Pictures of a leaked Apple iPad mini 2 casing wearing that very color, was found on NWE. This is also one of the new colors available for the Apple iPhone 5s.
Besides the new color choice, which replaces black (yes, Space Gray IS the new black) on Apple's color spectrum, the photos below show the Apple iPad mini 2 in the more traditional White & Silver colored casing.
We know that October 15th can't get here soon enough for many of you!
Apple iPad mini 2 casings in White & Silver and Space Gray
source: NWE (translated) via 9to5Mac
1. Commentator (Posts: 2419; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Alan needs his own site called ColorWatch.com or something.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You mean iColorwatchoneverythingapple.com??
5. Commentator (Posts: 2419; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
No, no not at all! It's LIKE black... but it's... wait for it... GRAY! And not only is it gray, but it's... SPAAAAAACE GRAY!!!
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So many type of 'grey' since the iPad came...eh, Alan?
Tell me, how is it different from the usual grey? A l'le more hint of black maybe?
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 11437; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Is a tech site, he's paid to report tech news.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Come on Dark...you and i both know color ain't a matter of tech.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 11437; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're rite, but it does pertain to a leak of a popular tech item.
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Entertain the device not the color...who the hell is going to care about which grey the iPad will be? It's always been grey all along...just slight shift in tone.
11. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I believe looks are one of the most important feature of any gadget and thus any leaks of an upcoming product that would hint at a different color pattern would matter to a lot of people. Just like Moto X bothered itself with so many custom backs .
12. E.N. (Posts: 2316; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I agree completely. As a prospective iPad owner, the space grey color does not make me happy...Was really hoping to get one in black
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 11437; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't disagree with Nathan that often, because he does have pretty good insight, but on this one I totally 100% disagree with him. Looks are a major factor in buying tech
17. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
For the general public that is. Most of the people you'd see visiting these kind of sites will be techies who'd rather want to know more about the specs of the device than the shade of colour it's coming in. Of course, in case of apple this argument is less valid as most us can guess (atleast the specs) of the next iDevice an year earlier, but still, no one will be coming here to just find out a colour
9. AppleJuice (Posts: 72; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
That Space Grey color looks awesome, I like it better than Black/Slate.