PhoneArena Awards 2011: Worst phone
Samsung Gravity TXT
1. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 264; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
Samsung made the best phone...
...and also made the worst.
18. hepresearch (unregistered)
Its like Babe Ruth... in order to make the big home-runs, you have to strike out the most as well...
38. cnpthe3rd (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Feb 2009)
actually Samsung made all the worst phones on the list but hey even Samsung cant always hit a home run on every product
2. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
i like how 2 out of the 3 are from Tmobile.
7. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I like how 3/3 are made from samsung...
3. MalakiMills (Posts: 255; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Wow, Samsung made arguably the best phone in 2011, and yet they made three of the worst. (I think the Galaxy S II makes up for these three and then some ;) )
4. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
"Its poor in-call sound quality and short battery life",
these critical points mentioned could easier have lead the iphone 4s to have been nominated here
5. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.
37. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Dealing with complaints of such points in the mobile industry on a daily basis I can assure you i know quite well what im talking about
16. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
hm funny u say that when the iphone has better battery than many android phones… and im pretty sure sound quality is up to par now.. at least on my phone it is
8. networkdood (Posts: 5518; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Samsung makes phones of all shapes and sizes - cheap and high-end - no big deal
9. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
What the iphone should of won this award i am outraged. Its the best it should win everything everyone knows that.
22. robinrisk (unregistered)
Honestly i believe your are being sarcastic, but i loved that comment, thumbs up :P
10. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
ahhh yet again iphone is brought up into an article that has nothing to do with apple. ...
12. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
There we go the first idiot. I was saying the iphone should of won the worst phone sarcastically. Its a joke because of everyone says the iphone is the best and i made a joke saying the iphone is the best worst phone.
15. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ive learned that sarcasm doesnt translate well to these boards most of the time.. lol
19. hepresearch (unregistered)
I've learned that fact the hard way...
20. snowgator (Posts: 3159; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
We need a universal sign on the boards for sarcasm in the worst way ......
32. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hmm.. well, a smile isnt obvious enough, and *sarchasm* just... is too obvious. We need a funny sign of some sort like SG suggested. 8^P
23. robinrisk (unregistered)
he did not reply to you, but made a new comment. That probably means he´s not very bright.
25. biophone (Posts: 1884; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Well i hope most readers got my joke. Its pretty simple.
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i say motorola triumph, maybe some of the junk huawei and zte put out on circket. did the samsung galaxy prevail come out this year? my friend tried showing it his prevail off. i couldnt stop laughing.
13. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
It is time for Samsung to make a fewer and best phones in the World. Currently Samsung make too many cheap plastic phones that turned people off even the best technologies inside. Motorola and HTC has better built quality.
14. sgogeta4 (Posts: 390; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Motorola has good quality phones, HTC doesn't.
26. Sniggly (Posts: 6490; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Not true. HTC makes some very good phones.
30. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
HTC has proved it can make quality phones, it just doesn't take the time to make most of them outstanding. Their build quality is good but they dont take time to improve battery life, make sunlight-legible screens and the likes, Motorola just takes more time to invest into their products and aren't in as big a hurry as htc is to get their phones out.
17. ScottSchneider (Posts: 279; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Samsung is the at the Top as well as at the Bottom.. All the Others just fill the gap in the middle...
21. snowgator (Posts: 3159; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Hey, Phone Arena, just out of curiosity, how bad does a phone have to be to get a "1"?
28. Nick_T (Posts: 123; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Basically, if it doesn't do absolutely anything right, especially the things it is marketed as being good at, it would get a one. Today's winner at least has a decent battery life.
36. snowgator (Posts: 3159; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Makes sense. I am going to stick around Phone Arena long enough to see a "1" review and a "10" review. At this rate, they both may be by Samsung
29. bloodline (Posts: 686; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I came in expecting to see the iphone 4s - it gets my vote
especially with the battery bug - that has yet to be fixed and also the texting bug.
useless, glad i gave it back and got the galaxy nexus - best phone ever
31. Mozarrt (Posts: 290; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Of course it was going to be a Samsung running Android.
33. bambiheo85 (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
tomorrow best smartphone : nexus, note and s2 hd =))
34. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Samsung puts out so many phones!!! Pretty soon that's all we'll see in stores.
35. Lar1ssa (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Haha I got the sarcasm and giggled at the idea of iphone being the best of the worst.. not that I think iphone is awful but I would say.. its kinda like thinking tyson or ali would win a big fight some years after his prime.. he can still knock out 89 of the population but looks very weak next to that other top 11%.. anyway samsung can make some pretty crappy products at the rate they mass produce compared to other phrne carriers that's not surprising