Pantech Vega No.6 to launch soon in Korea with 6" Full HD screen
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 336; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I think 6 inch edge to edge display(no bezel at all) with same dimensions of HTC Butterfly,Xperia Z,Galaxy S3 etc is the segment end point for display in smartphone.Beyond that is unacceptable.
2. lallolu (Posts: 170; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Too bad, all these 6" phone cannot sell. It is almost like 7" and a lot of tech interested people already have 7" and above tablets.
Even 5" phones will have a hard time if phones of the same specs are released with 4.7 - 4.8" screens. We are all interested in 5" now just because the best specs presently are found in 5" phones.
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yeah they wont sell its why manufactures are making them so they wont sell..↑ isheep
12. lallolu (Posts: 170; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
isheep, how presumptuous you are. I am more of an android person than you will ever be. Tell the truth to yourself even if you cannot tell it to others, are you going to buy a 6" phone when you can get a smaller phone or if you have a tab? I guess you do not have a tab or you have a 10" luggage tab and you never had a phone with screen size bigger than 3.5", that is why you are talking the way you are.
3. Andrewtst (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
6" will be too big. 5" still ok and max for phone.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion everything above 5" is not a phone anymore, bigger is also definitely not ergonomic according to humans physiology.
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
luckily your opinion isn't that of the companies or innovation would be stagnant.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't have anything against bigger than 5" displays, I just say that device with bigger than 5" display, in my opinion is not a phone anymore.
8. darkskoliro (Posts: 740; Member since: 07 May 2012)
my htc butterfly is already max for a phone mate, the width is nice to handle but i can barely type with one hand. anything bigger than 5" = gg for me not because of length but because of width
7. wando77 (Posts: 199; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
You surf the net, watch videos, play games etc. Why is a 6" screen too big? Is using two hands really that bad as I have large hands yet used two hands on a galaxy s2 and now an s3 as it's just easier
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Why is a 6" screen too big?"
For other devices it is not to big but for a phone it is to big because 6" is not ergonomic for average human's hand.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1131; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Bumping up display size is fine...but its just part of improvement there has to be something like multi-window mode build into stock android now (like in TW on Note2)...to really make multi-tasker enjoy that large screen...of-course...It'll be fun to play games and watch movies!
Not to forget...make jealous your friends with iPhone...lol