Nuance acquires Vlingo to boost mobile voice products
1. nastynaps posted on 20 Dec 2011, 13:57 2 0
It's all coming together, I call Skynet in 15yrs.
2. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 20 Dec 2011, 14:09 2 0
so SIRI is not owned by apple ? i am wondering how would apple react to this as Nuance would probably try to sell its services to other companies as well. sounds interesting.
4. MichaelHeller posted on 20 Dec 2011, 14:29 2 0
Siri is owned by Apple, Nuance and the speech recognition software from Nuance are not. Sorry, bad phrasing in the article. Fixed.
3. Sniggly posted on 20 Dec 2011, 14:24 2 0
The troubling thing here is that Vlingo is largely on Android phones like mine. I'm going to watch this development carefully.
5. MichaelHeller posted on 20 Dec 2011, 14:30 3 0
Nuance's FlexT9 is on Android and has not been effected by Siri, so I'd hope Vlingo wouldn't suddenly disappear from Android.
6. jcrally17 posted on 20 Dec 2011, 14:47 3 2
Vlingo powers the Voice Command functions on my SII, so this better turn out to be a way for Nuance to expand their partnership(s) without Apple bi!ching...