Nuance acquires Vlingo to boost mobile voice products
1. nastynaps (Posts: 93; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's all coming together, I call Skynet in 15yrs.
2. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
so SIRI is not owned by apple ? i am wondering how would apple react to this as Nuance would probably try to sell its services to other companies as well. sounds interesting.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Siri is owned by Apple, Nuance and the speech recognition software from Nuance are not. Sorry, bad phrasing in the article. Fixed.
7. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The troubling thing here is that Vlingo is largely on Android phones like mine. I'm going to watch this development carefully.
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Nuance's FlexT9 is on Android and has not been effected by Siri, so I'd hope Vlingo wouldn't suddenly disappear from Android.
6. jcrally17 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Vlingo powers the Voice Command functions on my SII, so this better turn out to be a way for Nuance to expand their partnership(s) without Apple bi!ching...