Note 3 and Galaxy S4 won't be getting the full eight core Exynos performance patch, says Samsung
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1924; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
And they won't get lte and cyanogenmod support either, poor Sammy
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
AOKP, AOSP along with custom Kernel, also other ROMS are available to download and Root!
And who the hell cares if it heats up! What's the big deal? Every electric devices heat up! Just ignore touching that part, or use a case.
Dimwits complaining about heats, no one says jack about PCs, Laptops and etc.....Temperature reaching 45 degrees, so what?
I've overclocked my S4 Exynos, not the the kalf cooked A9 halfbaked A15 to 2.1Ghz, and GPU raised to 688Mhz, voltage settings have been raised.
2. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1939; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
They won't unlock it due to heat issues. Except when a benchmark app is run ;)
4. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You are aware that the small increase it would do from overclocking itself like 100mhz is almost nothing added to the scores right? 100mhz is better but only a small amount that is negligible in real world performance. A real performance gain is like overclocked a 4670k from 3.4ghz to 4.5ghz, you would see around a 20-25% performance gain.
If I go an raise my Nexus 4s clocks a couple hundred mhzthe difference in benchmarks like antutu is only 50-100 points.
7. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Shatter... have $5 from me...take a day off..u deserve it..i ll tell sammy u did good.
9. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1939; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Dude, it was a joke, you're way too serious.
18. JC557 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Depends on what's being overclocked. GPUs actually make good use of a 100MHz bump. Just look at the desktop GPUs. It also depends on the CPU architecture. Sometimes 100Mhz can make a noticeable difference like on my AMD desktop processor.
17. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Stop with this iBS(benchmark gate)
Everybody see that this was iAttack against Note 3 (same iBS like the "region lock gate". All iboys fear of Note 3. LOL
All power devices are optimized like that (not only Note 3). They should recognize the power hungry apps and give them as much as they can.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3541; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Poor heating issues. Come over this problem soon. :)
If you don't mind the risk of frying your handset then you can ask to Sammy for full octa core at once.
5. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1027; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Why would they do it anyway? They designed the phone to run on certain speeds, with specific hardware and on specific temperatures. Why risk the hardware with something it wasnt initially designed for. Its like overclocking your desktop PC cpu and leaving it with stock fan..
6. Tuxedo (Posts: 253; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Wow, Exynos 5 Octa has been quite a disappointment.
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's the fastest processor available today, then again, what is your disappointment? It was never said to be an all-8-core performer.
15. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1027; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
800 is the fastest currently. Yes octa beats it in few tests but overall 800 is the king.
27. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Yeah it is a big disappointment for those who never had the chance to use it or own it like yourself.
Those who owned it know how well it performs when the A15 cores start kicking in.
8. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 917; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
They are still beastly chips in their current setup, so it's all good. :)
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The A15s are already beating out the CPU of Tegra 4 and Qualcomm's SD800, there is no need for extra power, there is the need of proper core migration to up battery life.
19. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 170; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
So....what you're saying is that the Tegra 4 doesn't use A15s?
12. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Of late samsung is on self-destruct mode, first regional lock for Note 3, then chafing with benchmarking apps in S4 and Note 3, and now backtracking on their true octa-core performance for Note3 and S4........ With success comes arrogance.........
13. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I meant 'cheating with benchmarking apps'......
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Head down to XDA to gain Root access! Simple! At least on Android there a options viable! Unlike other platforms that totally restricts you!
25. Taters (Posts: 4779; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes they are really slacking off being the only company to offer a phone with 8 cores in it with a tablet level powervr GPU.......how dare they give us that for how much Apple charges for a dual core....
Jeez people are stupid when they let their biases mess up logic.
20. Cyberchum (Posts: 530; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
After my experience with SGS2 international version, I'm never going to buy any Samsung with exynos chipset. For me, battery performance comes first or how can I enjoy the beasty performance when the phone is always plugged to a wall socket.
24. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Right now my exynos S4 is at 52% with 1hr 32min screen time with it being off the charger for 11hrs 38min and I have a spare battery that's fully charged. I have issues with the phone but not its battery life.
28. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
LOL! Do u remember how bad was the Sony Xperia S's battery life compared to S2? International version of S2 had better battery life and performance than the Snapdragon processor during that period especially after updating to Android 4.0
21. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
who needs all 8 cores? I get 2990 on geekbench 3 with my international note3. stock rom,if that isn't fast for you guys then i don't know what fast is. Last i checked even the iphone 5s only gets 2500
23. Sondae (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Sounds like the octa core isnt really a octa since you cant use the whole core.