Samsung Exynos 5410 could get software update to become true octa-core chip
The interesting news this morning is that HMP can be added to the Samsung Exynos 5410, already used in the GT-i9500 version of the Samsung Galaxy S4, via a software update. The update should also work on the Exynos 5420 which has already been seen on video with HMP, using all 8 cores at once. That is potentially electrifying news for those with the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 as well as for those with the international model of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Meizu MX3.
Meizu has already announced that the Meizu MX3 will be getting an HMP update later this year to convert the Exynos silicon in that flagship model into a true octa-core. And yes, Samsung could do the same to its devices sporting an Exynos 5. The bottom line could be a more powerful and efficient device that can transform the inner workings of your handset thanks to a mere software update.
source: Meizu (translated), gizChina via UnwiredView
- Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, Quad-core, 1900 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2600 mAh(17h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.7" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core, 2300 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 3200 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 1354; Member since: Oct 05, 2011
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 10:12 AM 15
Posts: 236; Member since: Feb 16, 2013
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 10:45 AM 2
Posts: 137; Member since: Feb 19, 2013
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 1:55 PM 0
Posts: 898; Member since: Dec 22, 2011
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 10:17 AM 4
Posts: 5993; Member since: Dec 22, 2010
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 10:20 AM 4
Posts: 21; Member since: Mar 16, 2013
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 8:39 PM 0
Posts: 428; Member since: Nov 26, 2011
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 10:23 AM 2
Posts: 32; Member since: Aug 23, 2012
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 10:46 AM 1
Posts: 62; Member since: Oct 20, 2012
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 11:07 AM 7
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 11:09 AM 0
Posts: 347; Member since: May 21, 2013
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 11:53 AM 1
Posts: 10457; Member since: May 14, 2012
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 12:08 PM 3
Posts: 645; Member since: Oct 23, 2011
posted on Sep 11, 2013, 5:44 PM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):