Nokia Lumia 920 torture series continues, what will break it?
Seeing all that should make you feel pretty good about the build quality of the Lumia 920. It should have no problems dealing with day-to-day encounters. That is not enough for some people though. The Lumia 920’s resilience poses nothing other than a challenge to those that would find its breaking point.
What else can you do beyond what has already been done? Quite a bit actually, mostly stuff that is not “real world” viable, but that does not stop the imagination does it? Moving on from mere drop tests and using it as a hammer, we see the poor Lumia 920 go through a battery of tests abusive conditions, from being run over to being used as a baseball, and more at the hands of man.
Which one will spell the end of the Lumia?
sources: PhoneBuff.com (YouTube) via WPCentral
1. Izzy_V posted on 21 Nov 2012, 21:27 32
Makes you wonder why Nokia doesn't make bulletproof vests and armored vehicles instead.
10. dickwyn posted on 21 Nov 2012, 23:24 7
you never know maybe they are testing one in their labs now
25. Nadr1212 posted on 22 Nov 2012, 12:31 2
MORE CRAZY, UNIMAGINABLE STUFF WITH THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!
HAS IT NOT ALREADY HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY WIERDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. gothicheart posted on 22 Nov 2012, 02:31 2
that's right, with nokia's reputation for being the most innovative mobile company around, you don't know just what they are trying to make right now...hope other with be a innovative too...
23. -box- posted on 22 Nov 2012, 11:19 0
They do; they take discarded 3310's and sew 'em into place
4. Johnnokia posted on 21 Nov 2012, 21:42 28
Try one of these tests on Iphone and let's laugh till the next morning.
5. Johnnokia posted on 21 Nov 2012, 21:46 13
Why are you hurting a lonely wood and a light post???
6. RiseAgainst94 posted on 21 Nov 2012, 21:51 11
Insane. I torture my Lumia 900 on a daily basis and there isn't even a scratch on it- really high quality material Nokia is using.
7. phil2n posted on 21 Nov 2012, 22:46 20
i don't want to hold Lumia 920 when i'm angry, it may destroy my house..
8. kaliil10 posted on 21 Nov 2012, 22:52 19
2012-2013 the year of Nokia Smartphones.. the Lion is back
24. -box- posted on 22 Nov 2012, 11:20 1
Already a few. Mostly with the 3310 as a father figure :)
11. ivanted posted on 22 Nov 2012, 00:05 2
wow, pretty impressive, though kinda weird to me. wonder if I should try Lumia 920.
12. kg4icg posted on 22 Nov 2012, 00:32 1
So basically this guy just put the Lumia 920 through the Panasonic ToughBook test course.
13. shy2papa posted on 22 Nov 2012, 00:35 3
This is a really good phone it would have been great if Meego, Android or maybe even webOS was on board.
16. gothicheart posted on 22 Nov 2012, 02:33 6
meego and webOS maybe, but never on android. But android does have a history of blowing up by itself...without even going through any torture test...
26. darac posted on 23 Nov 2012, 02:13 0
..and you are an idiot
One of the stupidest comments I've had displeasure of reading here
14. androidlikeaboss posted on 22 Nov 2012, 01:24 4
Don't forget the INDESTRUCTIBLE Nokia 3310!!!
18. Skoll posted on 22 Nov 2012, 03:12 6
if you see anybody pullling s**t like this, smack him over the head with that wooden stick and send the phone to me!
19. haseebzahid posted on 22 Nov 2012, 04:20 2
Phone killer guy :\ better keep our moblies away from him
20. jibraihimi posted on 22 Nov 2012, 07:21 0
So will it blend..........??? It's time now for Lumia 920's blender test......
27. haseebzahid posted on 23 Nov 2012, 02:24 0
if the moblie had survived that he must have put it though grinder test
28. darac posted on 23 Nov 2012, 03:16 1
Ugh, you Nokia fanboys..
THIS IS NOTHING SPECIAL
HTC One x can do just as good, Sony Xperia Active and Go can do BETTER, and Acro S is waterproof.
Sure it's a tough handset but don't make another idiotic myth out of it.
There's so much more to a build quality than how much beating a phone can take.
30. zamroni posted on 11 Dec 2012, 07:42 0
I want to see Lumia 920 vs iPhone 5 head on collision test.