Nokia Lumia 920 torture series continues, what will break it?
Seeing all that should make you feel pretty good about the build quality of the Lumia 920. It should have no problems dealing with day-to-day encounters. That is not enough for some people though. The Lumia 920’s resilience poses nothing other than a challenge to those that would find its breaking point.
What else can you do beyond what has already been done? Quite a bit actually, mostly stuff that is not “real world” viable, but that does not stop the imagination does it? Moving on from mere drop tests and using it as a hammer, we see the poor Lumia 920 go through a battery of tests abusive conditions, from being run over to being used as a baseball, and more at the hands of man.
Which one will spell the end of the Lumia?
sources: PhoneBuff.com (YouTube) via WPCentral
1. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Makes you wonder why Nokia doesn't make bulletproof vests and armored vehicles instead.
10. dickwyn (Posts: 594; Member since: 07 May 2012)
you never know maybe they are testing one in their labs now
25. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
MORE CRAZY, UNIMAGINABLE STUFF WITH THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!
HAS IT NOT ALREADY HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY WIERDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
that's right, with nokia's reputation for being the most innovative mobile company around, you don't know just what they are trying to make right now...hope other with be a innovative too...
23. -box- (Posts: 3791; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They do; they take discarded 3310's and sew 'em into place
4. Johnnokia (Posts: 516; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Try one of these tests on Iphone and let's laugh till the next morning.
5. Johnnokia (Posts: 516; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Why are you hurting a lonely wood and a light post???
6. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Insane. I torture my Lumia 900 on a daily basis and there isn't even a scratch on it- really high quality material Nokia is using.
7. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i don't want to hold Lumia 920 when i'm angry, it may destroy my house..
8. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
2012-2013 the year of Nokia Smartphones.. the Lion is back
9. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
can't wait for the memes on this one :P
24. -box- (Posts: 3791; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Already a few. Mostly with the 3310 as a father figure :)
11. ivanted (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
wow, pretty impressive, though kinda weird to me. wonder if I should try Lumia 920.
12. kg4icg (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 May 2008)
So basically this guy just put the Lumia 920 through the Panasonic ToughBook test course.
13. shy2papa (Posts: 206; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
This is a really good phone it would have been great if Meego, Android or maybe even webOS was on board.
16. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
meego and webOS maybe, but never on android. But android does have a history of blowing up by itself...without even going through any torture test...
26. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..and you are an idiot
One of the stupidest comments I've had displeasure of reading here
14. androidlikeaboss (Posts: 40; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
Don't forget the INDESTRUCTIBLE Nokia 3310!!!
18. Skoll (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
if you see anybody pullling s**t like this, smack him over the head with that wooden stick and send the phone to me!
19. haseebzahid (Posts: 1826; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Phone killer guy :\ better keep our moblies away from him
20. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So will it blend..........??? It's time now for Lumia 920's blender test......
22. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
No1 can compete Nokia in build-quality.!
27. haseebzahid (Posts: 1826; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
if the moblie had survived that he must have put it though grinder test
28. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Ugh, you Nokia fanboys..
THIS IS NOTHING SPECIAL
HTC One x can do just as good, Sony Xperia Active and Go can do BETTER, and Acro S is waterproof.
Sure it's a tough handset but don't make another idiotic myth out of it.
There's so much more to a build quality than how much beating a phone can take.
30. zamroni (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
I want to see Lumia 920 vs iPhone 5 head on collision test.