Nokia EOS aka Nokia Elvis now leaks dressed in red
The Nokia EOS sports a design very similar to the one of the Nokia Lumia 920. It features the typical pillow form for Nokia phones, but on the back there is a huge bulge for the camera. The Nokia EOS is rumored to get a 41-megapixel camera similar to the one on the Nokia 808 PureView. If true, that would easily make the EOS the best cameraphone around, a title that the 808 PureView has held in the past year or so.
The leaked phone is said to launch as Nokia EOS V1, assuming that another version, possibly with a more capable quad-core processor, will launch shortly after the initial roll out.
And having the body of the handset leak in red is a clear indication Nokia will bring its colorful palette to the cameraphone, giving users all the color variety that the Finnish company is known for.
Here is a quick roundup of the Nokia EOS specs as per rumors:
- 1280 * 768 resolution OLED screen
- 41-megapixel camera with Xenon flash
- Nokia Pro Camera
- 32GB internal storage, no microSD card support
- 9.7mm thick
- GDR2 WP8 V8.0.10322.71
- Polycarbonate shell
Finally, the EOS is now also said to be coming to China. Initially, the cameraphone was assumed to be first arriving as an AT&T exclusive in the United States. Of course, we doubt Nokia would limit the launch for such a hugely important device to the U.S. only and it will also spread globally in the near future.
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Not ugly...but not the best looking either, but still then..this is a significant improvement from the 808!
61. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes you r right good camera but just dont like the desing
38. mrfwy (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Ugly, maybe..But.. what a beauty can it produce !!! MMM.. I want one!!!
44. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
how dare u compare that crap here dont do that that galaxy cam doesnot even take pics better then 5 Mp 3 year old phone only 10x optical zoom total garbage
43. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
sometimes looks are compromized for exceptional tech stuff and everyone will be happy with that
54. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
wait for photo taken by EOS then say.......!!!
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hmmmm where is the yellow one.....and well I have to admit.....how the hell are these leaks carrying on coming....this is worse than the iPhone 5!!
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
How is it worse???
It's better that showing pieces of home button, fingerprint scanner and screen....
7. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Its worse for Nokia but good for us is what I meant....
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Gotcha, but these days...leaks always happens!!
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
yeh i know its good for us though and i suppose sometimes good for the OEMs as it encourages excitement for their product...
34. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1038; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
leaks aren't bad for the OEMS if there are a week or 2 before the official release they create hype
30. roldefol (Posts: 3181; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I dunno, I think Nokia can use all the press it can get, even if it's leaked photos.
40. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Nokia doesn't rely on secret-keeping of new models as much as apple or samsung does. Look how disappointed people were with the iphone4s and 5, and the Galaxy4, with all the alleged leaks and rumors, and most turned out to be false or were so accurate there wasn't any "new" hype to build, no new info to share, so demand wasn't as high and folks bought the older, cheaper model. In contrast, Nokia's stuff gets leaked some, but hold back the goodies until the announcement, I.e. PureView, OIS, City Lens, etc.
45. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
no these leaks are not worst besides they are very close to annoucnment which is actully usefull to build the momentum and these frequent leaks mean the phone has left the RnD and in testing
6. papss (unregistered)
This surely means its coming very soon.
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Red brick with boobs appeared? Lol that's Nokia for you
47. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
are you green with envy because of boobs>?
11. jameshoe (unregistered)
Well, what Samsung give you? $749 device?
42. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Samsung will give a better overall smartphone experience but theres no denying the eos looks like it could be a serious bit of kit
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What about your Galaxy S4? No boobs, just a diamond pattern PLAStic! Lol that's Samsung for you.
23. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Maybe they are placed in the same place as in Nokia Lumia 920, since the front (taking into account the leak of the black EOS version is the real thing) is exactly the same as Nokia Lumia 920.
13. Miley_3d (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I love nokia EOS Smartphone.
I can't wait for it.
when nokia introduce this phone to the world?
Abseloutly i buy it without dubt.
48. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
With last years specs! Cpu and Gpu, Screen and with plastic!
Pathetic, we have to wait till nexy year june to get Android specs!
Well atleast there's one thing to brag about this device, is just it's "Camera" nothing else!
50. roldefol (Posts: 3181; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I guess that makes the Galaxy S3 and S4 Mini Pathetic and Useless™ too. Last year's specs, plastic, nothing to brag about...
The EOS IS all about the camera, you are correct. That should surprise noone. It is not Nokia's 2013 superphone. However unlike the 808 at least it's a modern smartphone with decent specs!
15. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I follow Nokia but the round camera (looks fake though)..the round camera is ugly. Nokia better stick to the N8 camera design or the 808 camera design. A round bulge is just ugly.
41. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
All cameras (to my knowledge) use partially-spherical lenses which are then cropped into a rectangular shape, so the round is natural, and looks more like a camera-only device. Look at the leaks from yesterday, specifically the gray model. The large circle contains the Xenon flash, LED flash or focusing light, and the camera itself. So it doesn't have the same lens arrangement as a point-and-shoot but definitely draws focus to the camera aspect of the phone.
18. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
So many android fanboys walking around with sore butts. WP is a very good platform and no amount disdain will change that
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
it is a good platform...i have a wp....but do you want to know what really bugs me...on android you can tweak and customize all you like and have endless possibilities and fun with your phone...on wp you have nothing like that...you can change tiles color and size but thats it...nothing else...that is why im switching back to ndroid when i get the chance...i have nothing against windows phone it just gets boring.......
24. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
lol wp fanboys thumb me down but thats the truth for me....i have a wp so i know more than most....
46. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
only three thumb downs and u are crying seriously :\
31. roldefol (Posts: 3181; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yes, Android is more customizable, but that's just design preference IMO. I'm pretty bored with my Android, once I customized it a year ago I pretty much left it be. Just my experience, but customization only takes you so far.
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Really, is that why it only has 3% market share!
Not sure butts, but very level headed and proud, unlike hardly has apps and games. You need to wait vey long time to recieve, i mean beg other devs and carriers for it's platform and brand so carriers will be intrestead in it, and get the apps.
33. roldefol (Posts: 3181; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
"hardly has apps and games"
That's what we all encountered with Android vs. iOS 2 years ago. Now that playing field has leveled. Since WP8 just arrived a year ago it'll take time to catch up but I expect as the user base grows, devs will be more accommodating.
57. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
You don't know anything about marketshare do you, how many Android phones are out there? Samsung keeps releasing a phone every week, duhhhh they are the biggest Android manufacturer, Nokia got only 10 Phones with Windows Phone 8, and yet Nokia is rising! Keep that in mind, close minded Android fanboy !
60. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
wrong. 5.6% market share in q1 and growing.
63. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
your knowledge about WP is outdated lolz u given stats of 2011
21. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I want a green one!!! Stephen Elop promised one for Nokia Lumia 920 and never happened. Bring it on Nokia!
25. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
The Green Lumia 920 was spotted in Australia and is confirmed to be exclusive to a Aussie Carrier for 3 months.
26. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Really? Sh*t! I live in South America :( Do you have a link where I can see it? Thnx! :D
27. Diego! (Posts: 508; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I found it!!! It looks nice, though I thought they would make a shinier green LOL :Phttp://www.wpcentral.com/green-nokia-lumia-920-australia
28. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
It was reported in an article by wpcentral, I think a week ago.
29. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Nokia EOS which been leaked few hours ago actually a half baked prototype so its not the final EOS design,our source said the half baked EOS proto for avoiding the real/final version EOS leaks
Nokia has been working in EOS about 1-2 years to make it slimmer,lighter and totally fresh
It have frontal Nokia Lumia 920 design which makes it more beautiful
In yesterday leaks we can see its so slim and light weight design but huge camera hump,actually the final design of EOS making the hump even slimmer and more durable+ improved design around the hump,Xenon and LED flash
Nokia still choosing decisions about Micro SD and HDMI Port
The Lumia EOS probably doesn’t have a built in Wireless Charging like Lumia 920 but probably should have a wireless charging covers like Lumia 925,820 and 720
Here’s the Wireless Charging cover colours
-Purple(come later maybe)
Why there’s no built in Wireless charging? Our source said there’s no solutions about built in wireless charging in a slim device and light weight,but still nokia searching another solutions about it
Nokia also working hard to adding solar charging feature,if their hard work successful,Nokia EOS AT&T probably will have Lumia first solar charging phone
Another source indicates Nokia also working hard to adding waterproof feature beside working on Solar charging, in any water conditions/type he also have same statements like solar charging,if Nokia successful to add this feature Nokia EOS can be water proof smart phone
The Global version of EOS maybe released in september because AT&T wants to hold EOS before 3 Months,same like Lumia 900 conditions
AT&T promised they will advertise EOS everywhere and educate their employee to know/promoting EOS
The Global Version of EOS probably have GDR 3.0 software with Full HD screen and better processor and gpu
That’s what our sources said
We can’t guarantee all those info are 100 % correct!
32. roldefol (Posts: 3181; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Solar charging? Like on a Citizen eco-drive watch? That would be pretty nifty, but I don't think it's ready for prime time on a phone. If they left out wireless charging, it's because the camera hump intrudes on the inductive plate.
49. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
erm...dude, where did you get all these info from?
1080p scvreen? Better GPU in international version?
EOS will probably have adreno 225 or its stronger sibling (maybe 320) but Nokia has always put additional gpu just to back up camera, like the broadcomm in N8.
35. trexnkrumpets (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
muahaha. It's the Lumia'Zilla! Awesome.
37. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
i think nokia will achieve a lot by adding 41 MEGAPIXEL MONSTER TO THIS LUMIA. wow nokia is BACK ON TRACK. congratz to this great company. my nxt flagship for sure. good luck.
51. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
not beautiful as the lumia 920, but impressive camera skills
58. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
+ 1, the Lumia 920 is more beautifull but i think the problem is the 3 capacitive buttons, if they move the back button a little bit more to the left and the Bing button a little bit more to the right it will look exacly the same as the Lumia 920, don't you think?
53. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 863; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Rumors say that V1 will not have a 41MP camera.