Nexus 4, 7, 10 start getting Android 4.2.1 update, Google fixes December bug
With bugs like the missing month of December in the Contacts app and Bluetooth stuttering, many say Android 4.2 had the most bugs an update has had since Honeycomb.
Luckily, the 4.2.1 update is coming and it seems to be adding the missing month of December, as well as fixing the Bluetooth issues. The update is merely 1.1MB, so don’t expect any huge changes except for those bug fixes, but at least Google has managed to deliver the update before the actual month of December arrives.
You should get the update over the air in the next couple of days if you have the Nexus 4 phone or Nexus 7 / 10 tablets.
source: XDA Developers, Talk Android
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
3. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Is the Galaxy Nexus not receiving the update or did Victor just neglect to mention it?
4. mydi.maus (unregistered)
yeah kill the bug before Christmas,.. jelly bean!!
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2138; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
A little performance tweak would be nice, considering the N4 performs well under the Optimus G, and we all know there's plenty of performance left in the N10's A15 architecture.
8. remixfa (Posts: 14130; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
does it, or are the OptimusG benchmarks fluffed by LG the way Sammy and HTC like to fluff theirs?
My eagle eye would say that fluffing is more likely than underperformance of the Nexus.
11. ngo2dd (Posts: 793; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Your eyes are wrong then. The CPU have throttling due to the temperature of the CPU. So ya there is under performing of the CPU
7. sid07desai (Posts: 276; Member since: 03 May 2012)
What about the buzzing sound bug? I haven't yet received the shipment yet. Fingers crossed.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14130; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
havent gotten my update. Guess its not in order of first shipped. lol.
10. JunitoNH (Posts: 984; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Google hurry up!!! Went from smooth as butter to lumpy as lard. My SGNX will be waiting. Yeah and while you at it, get rid of the stupid widget and camera. Thank you.
12. ngo2dd (Posts: 793; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
My N7 was faster or feel faster in 4.1 then 4.2 what give?
13. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I downloaded it on my Nexus 7. Bluetooth issue still not resolved.