Next iPhone to feature a 4.6" Retina Display, Apple still mulling its LTE radio pick
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1400; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
and on the release day everyone will find a 3.5 inch display as usual .....
24. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
the retards at Apple need to stay within the 4.0-4.3" margin. Any smaller and you have that useless piece of garbage current iPhone and any larger you have the boundaries of what a one-handed phone can accomplish. I know I struggle with my GNexus every now and then.
28. cncrim (Posts: 572; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
+1, next Iphone will be 3.5" . If people still line up buy there overprice device why change.
Keep in mind apple model "Think diffirent".
29. bayusuputra (Posts: 947; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
haha! yeah, "think different, but produce the same thing.."
33. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Got the galaxy nexus the day it came out 300 for a phone with a huge s**ty screen with tons of s**ty apps that don't to s**t but make your phone look different and your lucky if any othere apps work for things that you would use daily with a iphone android fanboys are the biggest sheep out there
44. corrifa (Posts: 34; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)
Big sh*tty screen? The Galaxy Nexus has a PPI of 316... which according to Apple is still it's magical "retina" quality. Oh and it's Super Amoled, nuff said. Plus the amount of things that apps can do on android just laughs at the potential of iPhone apps. Please just go away...
30. SleepingOz (unregistered)
When the 4s came out with its tiny screen, many iSheeeps tried to hide their deception by saying that 4"+ screens were pointless.
If this rumour is true, I wonder if they'll still find 4"+ screens pointless..
32. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Even bigger hater so mad your phones not seen as the best
36. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
LOL!! Oh iSheeep. Your logic is as fail as your grammar.
43. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
Well, I got two things to say.
What you will see (screen size) next year on iOS, you already saw last year on android. 2 years later...very innovative.
And I have grown to ignore (at least not believe) these...whatever. I recall that there was a time where Apple 'purchased' 7" screens I think, to make a iPad Mini or something. That never happened, and I strongly doubt the next 'big innovative' toy will sport such mediocre elements. They will probably still using 4" screens one year from now.
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
3.5 inch : Same s&^* again?!
4.6 inch : Fragmentation, fragmentation everywhere!
and still using same old useless iOS...
Either way it's still a fail, but who cares, it's a fail that will sell...
38. stealthd (Posts: 989; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I don't think you understand the concept of "fail".
12. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
agreed. Apple will not go over 4.3 if they are going to make the screen bigger.
My guess is that the screen will be slightly bigger, to about 3.8 to keep the quality of the retina resolution. They won't want to change that.
They will (have to) make a new redesign. The current one is getting old.
4. android_hitman (Posts: 707; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
it's not even APRIL and the rumors starts ... let's just handle the SGS III rumor and then we can pass to the Iphone rumor ...
btw... i highly dought the 4.6inch screen.,...
5. haikallp (Posts: 119; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
i can bet with my balls that the iPhone 5 won't have a screen size bigger than 4.3" inches..probably around 3.7"-4.0" but 4.8" is not Apple. They dont do big jumps..
7. lukkiristi (Posts: 47; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I agree. 4" seems like a probable size, a nice conservative jump. Considering how many females use the iphone, I doubt Apple would risk losing them.
14. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Possibly,stats show apples main demographic are preteens and teens,they tend to have small hands,a large screen would risk alienating them
17. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yup, my comment exactly. 4 inches, tops.
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3043; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Guess we can now say Apple is copying Samsung :)
39. stealthd (Posts: 989; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Because Samsung invented larger screens...
8. tahnik (Posts: 133; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
Screen size will be bigger that's for sure...
9. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
rumours to me is something that may be possibly but this is utter bs apple will never go for a screen that big it will probably be 4"max
10. sheepygalaxy (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
apple could keep it the exact same size make a couple adjustments with say the camera and millions of people will buy it just to say the have the latest bit of crap.perfect example new ipad
11. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
yep because 4.6" retina displays havent already been used.....in multiple phones -_-
13. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Out of all the rumours going this has to be the most fake of all,there is no way the next iphone will have a 4.6 inch screen.
It says in the article that apple will keep the same screen ratio,then its says the screen will be longer but narrower,which is strange as f it keeps the same screen ratio then the difference between length and width cannot change!! If they do keep the same dated aspect ratio the phone would look horrible with a screen that size without a 16:9 ratio,just look at the new Lg Vu.
Apple rumours of course starting very early this year for a phone probably at least 4-6 months away. iFans starting drooling and saving again
26. theoak (Posts: 322; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I think they meant the ratio as far as the pixels per inch.
I don't think they mean the screen ratio.
15. bigdawg23 (Posts: 397; Member since: 25 May 2011)
They only need to go to 4". I see zero chance they go this big on a screen. People want a larger screen but not 4.6 or higher.
16. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
iPhones will always be 3.5.
It's still selling without having a bigger screen.
18. xvengence42 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
4.6" is way to big for a phone screen in general. that would just be stupid. 4.0" would be perfect for the iPhone.
19. Carlitos (Posts: 362; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
4.6" screen is a risk to big for someone that launches phones no bigger than 3.5" . 4" is more probable, but no bigger than 4.3". Otherwise they will shoot themselves s on the leg.
20. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iSpoke to my contact at Apple and he said, "in keeping with Apple's upgrade policy, the next iPhone will have a 3.6" LCD." He further added that a new accessory cable would be available for the first time ever, for those wanting a larger display, that would mirror the iPhone's display onto your "New" iPad. The bad news I guess is that, you'll have to buy that "New" iPad.
21. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
What gives a flying f? We haven't even announced the SGS3 yet, can we talk about actual news?
23. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
It's the marketing machine my friend and we all fall in that trap like idiots.
25. ironmarc89 (Posts: 37; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
im not believing s**t until I see it. Apple will never have a screen bigger than 4in. If you want bigger, they will suggest you get an iPad. I'd say 3.7-4in tops with edge to edge type of screen. #TheEnd
27. greyhulk (Posts: 127; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
I seriously doubt Apple will EVER put a 4.6" screen on an iPhone. 4" maybe, but not 4.6". I'm calling BS on this one.
34. drtech (banned) (Posts: 135; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I don't see Apple doing a screen that big. LTE I think is a sure thing now that the iPad is LTE.
37. CreeDiddy (Posts: 372; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I believe 4.6" will be true as the screen size.
Here are some facts:
1. Android users have a preference of larger screens, thus the demand for larger smartphone screens are evident. There will be conversion of Android users to iPhone users if this happens.
2. The use of soft keys makes sense given the larger screen size. Apple can make the iPhone 5 slightly larger, without making the phone larger. The home button will include the size of 4.6" form factor, thus giving at least 4.2-4.3" screen size.
3. If the materials only cost $3 more to manufacturer over the 3.5" screen size, Apple should take advantage of the pricing.
4. Developers will not have to accommodate different formats, as iOS6 will allows resolutions from 3.5" - 10" to become universal. Very similar to ICS on Android. Scalable resolution will be evident.
5. Regardless of advanced features and a boring OS, compared to ICS a bigger screen size will be enough to tip the Android users to iOS.
40. _PHug_ (Posts: 399; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I will never use an iPhone, but I PRAY that they go to a bigger 4.6" screen just so I can witness all the sheep who claimed 3.5" was perfect change their tune.
Like my current girlfriend who claimed my 4" phone was too big and my 4.3" phone was way too big to text with.
I pray for the day that I can rub the 4.6" iPhone 5 in her hypocritical face.
41. a961009 (Posts: 119; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I am sorry Phonearena, the newspaper name is wrong! It is Maeil business newspaper. NOT MAELI.... I guarantee for this because I am korean...^^
42. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
I for one wish that the iPhone actually gets bigger. 3.5" is too small for me.