Motorola Nexus+ is a concept for the future with dual stereo speakers
It’s just a concept, imagined and unreal, we should warn you. But it borrows some interesting cues from current high-end handsets that we’d love to see on a Nexus phone. First, the 5-inch 1080p display, but then also a more powerful Snapdragon 800 processor and dual-front stereo speakers. The camera is also suggested to be 13 megapixel one, hopefully more capable than the one on the current Nexus 4. Right below you can see the concept renders of what such a Nexus+ might look like.
In the meantime, we might have just seen the first prototypes of a real next Nexus phone by LG. Images of a buttonless phone with extremely narrow bezel leaked out and the very fact that the design has no physical buttons is a strong hint at a Nexus future for that leak. LG’s Optimus devices all have a largy physical key in the front bottom.
Motorola Nexus+ concept
6. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Excuse me please Motorola has always made its own design. And the render is really good! Hope we can see this in shelves!
11. robcar (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
More like the LG "Nexus 5" spy photos that appeared recently.
14. AeroPrime (Posts: 156; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Those who tumb down are Samsung fan . Let it go guys...HTC is looking good now.
38. AustinPaul (Posts: 35; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I'm not going to 'thumbs down'; even though I am a big fan of my G3. However, I still need a removable battery. It's as simple as that. I especially appreciate this as I replaced my battery twice this weekend when I was not able to charge my phone.
I would have been dead in the water without that option.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
not really... look like chinese devices though!
i just want kevlar gorgeous looking phone!
34. akki20892 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
always thinking that concept always looks really cool....!!!
42. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
HTC didn't come up with the idea to use dual speakers on phones at all. Just keep lying to yourself that they did but theres some old smartphones that had it. The reason they don't use front facing speakers is because they come with more problems then benefits.
46. heyhi (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
you're right...i had a Nokia N82 with stereo speakers...it was a smartphone with physical buttons...my brother also had a n95 and I guess it had stereo speakers too.
Dont know if Nokia came up with the idea though..I miss that time when nokia had the best phones....not a nokia fan, just a tech enthusiast...not a geek or nerd either =).
51. nathan.carter (Posts: 310; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
nerds make money. claim your Nerdness. lol
44. AnTuTu (Posts: 886; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Another beast on the way from Moto. I really wish them luck :)
47. vincelongman (Posts: 1318; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I like the HTC One and I'm considering buy it or S4 and waiting to see the X Phone and Nexus 5 first. But the HTC One looks like it was inspired by the HTC Droid X
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Too bad Moto isn't available in many countries.
It's a darn niche product
3. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
thats why htc should make the nexus google made a big mistake this year LG have bad batteries and some other issues
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yes finally coming soon S800, Motorola+Nexus™
16.32.64GB versions please®
7. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
HTC is the best mobile hardware manufacturer, followed by Nokia. Since the latter is clearly sucking on Microsoft's tits, Google should have opted for HTC, which i'm sure would have obliged us with a wonderfully built Nexus 5, given HTC's still low but gradually rising profits, it needs to churn out as many successful devices as possible and Google's new Nexus device would have been a serious profits-booster.
8. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Kinda looks like an S4 and iphone combined.....you honestly can't tell me that *if* this were going to be the design of the phone that apple wouldn't try to get them on the home button and black color with silver strip, saddens me every day
16. o0Exia0o (Posts: 399; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Well said. When I saw the pictures my mind went straight to Iphone but I did not thank of S4. So this is what would happen when if an Iphone and an S4 had a child. LOL
43. blazee (Posts: 284; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
i didnt think of an iphone at all, maybe the iphone is just constatntly on your mind. if thats the case maybe you should just get it
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Shut up and take my money! Oh wait, this is a concept, silly me!
But good news! Good news!
10. joesseth (Posts: 56; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Nice phone, Is this the next nexus Motorola phone made by LG?
20. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
"Is this the next nexus Motorola phone made by LG?"
This will be the next Google Nexus by Motorola
13. o0Exia0o (Posts: 399; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
This concept looks too much like an Iphone running android to me.
17. dorianb (Posts: 410; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Looks nice for a 'concept'. Looks like a N4 had an orgy with an iP5 & One
19. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
What kind of iPhone is this?
I can not find it in my local Apple Store...
21. sorcio46 (Posts: 402; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
It's too much like SGS4... I don't like it
22. Leo_MC (Posts: 551; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
If it's an ideea, why did it stoped here? Why didn't they incorporated flexible 4k holografic screens, mind controled menus, folding body and 7.1 srs speakers?!
It's an ideea so get creative; that thing in the pictures is nothing more than a very low expectancy wannabe.
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Because they are being realistic... Just saying
35. Leo_MC (Posts: 551; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
1080p, stereo front facing speakers would have been crazy a year ago, today they are reality.
A concept phone should be like a fairy tale: fantastic, extraordinary, out of this world.
41. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
A concept phone should be a possible phone, yeah some nice extra stuff are OK but if it can be mass produced it's even better
49. Leo_MC (Posts: 551; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
What have I said thats no possible?
4k - it exists
holographic images - they exist
mind controled menus - maybe Google glass-like for now but the technology is there
folding body - we already have flexible screens
7.1 speakers - I have them on my home cinema.
Take them all, put them into a phone and you get "my fairy tale".
This article speaks about an unbilt device - it's not hard to build one: Opo or Huawei can do it, even that indian company can; even a repair shop engineer with a glue gun can build a phone like that; a concept phone is a lot more than this.
27. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
There isn't anything relevant to TouchWiz is any of those pics. Lay off the pipe ;-)
29. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
compare the top bar with the Galaxy S4 top bar, I know that green JB style look anywhere and those
32. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
You're really gonna compare the notification bars? Seriously...?
33. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Well it was the first thing I noticed, and there not much else to see aside from the beautiful widget widget, so yeah you could said I just did
37. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
True. It's still a render, though. If the actual phone looks like that, I'm gonna jump all over it. I've been holding out for the X Phone :D
40. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I hope we see it at Google i/o, it could be nice... Instead of waiting till December
30. Aeires (unregistered)
Too sexy to be a Motorola, unless Google has moved them out of the "military grade" looking handsets. That's not a bash on Motorola, they build rugged handsets that fit the "Droid" mantra more than anyone.
31. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I like the front of it... but I don't really like the back
The concept is interesting... Hopefully this device will come to fruit.
36. shnibz (Posts: 155; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Looks nice but very cookie cutter....doesn't stand out like other Motos.
39. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
... and then retarded people play music out loud in the public transport....
45. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
are you complaining about the front facing speakers?
if you are, please explain in which situation it is better to have the speaker on the rear of the phone...
48. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
no no mate, I'm living in an environment where people tend to throw their headphones away out of a box and than make life miserable for normal people in public transport :)) the better speakers are, the more annoying these people get... :D just sayin...
52. nathan.carter (Posts: 310; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
if this is the real deal i wouldn't mind the moto nexus. coolest one by far.