Motorola Atrix 4G is one Olympian of a phone!
Apparently, the Motorola Atrix 4G is no other but the long-rumored Motorola Olympus - a Tegra 2-powered dual-core Android beast, which seems to be dubbed by Moto as "the world's most powerful smartphone"... Ouch. The Olympian of a phone will of course have a giant 4" qHD screen, with 540x960 pixels of resolution, as well as the whooping 1GB of RAM and a monstrous 1930mAh battery to keep the whole thing alive. Pretty impressive to say the least.
So what network will it operate on? AT&T's Ralph De La Vega says that both HSPA+ and LTE should qualify as 4G networks, so which one is it? Well, there's a good and a bad news. Okay, bad news first - it will run on the carrier's current HSPA+ network. The good news? It will be launched in the first half of the year, while AT&T's upcoming LTE devices will see the light of day sometime during the second half. The handset is going to run Android 2.2, customized by the one and only MotoBlur UI.
But that's not all. It seems like Moto is also gearing up to launch a... drum roll, please... laptop dock for the Atrix 4G! That's right, it's a 13.9mm device that you dock your phone into, behind the monitor. Another dock for the Motorola Atrix 4G will also become available as the HD dock. Now we've got to admit that this one seems a lot more like a traditional dock, you know, it reminds us of when dock used to be just a piece of plastic that you place your handset onto.
1. Kakarotto posted on 05 Jan 2011, 11:56 0 0
I'm curious what screen resolution it has. 854x480? :(
5. Seylan (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:35 0 0
The screen resolution is 960x540. that means 275 dpi.
7. Kakarotto posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:51 0 0
+25 more ppi to reach magical barrier of 300 ppi is too much for them? Always something sucks.
17. JAH-TECH (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 17:05 0 1
It is four times the resolution of the 1080p display standard, hence the name.
21. Cooper (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:27 0 0
umm..not quite..it;s qHD NOT QFHD, you really think a 4" mobile phone screen is going to have a higher res display than fullHD TV's?
i'm curious to how it will work with android apps meant for WVGA..
2. phunk (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:00 0 1
Please no blur
18. BobbyTaba posted on 05 Jan 2011, 17:16 0 1
haha I was worried this would be good until I saw motoblur
23. josuearisty posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:59 0 0
I have no problem with blur, and if you dont like it, you can always use LauncherPro or something else.
3. reg123 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:01 0 0
curious is to what 4g they are not launching 4g until 2012..is this hspa+, if so that really isn't 4g..
13. ecml posted on 05 Jan 2011, 15:16 0 0
I believe they said that they will be launching LTE in Mid 2011 as well
4. skymitch89 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:09 0 0
AT&T is really hitting T-Mobile in the ass with the new 4G phones. And HOLY CRAP!!!!! That is the most high-end smartphone and makes all the other high-end phones look like mid-range smartphones. Wonder how the HTC Thunderbolt is going to hold up against this. Hope AT&T replace their unlimited data soon because this phone will eat 5Gb without even thinking about it.
6. omarc26 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:39 0 0
does any one know if this phone has a front facing camera???
10. therygy posted on 05 Jan 2011, 13:37 0 0
yeaaaahhh it does. the are pretty much standard on alll note worthy high end smartphones these days
11. networkdood posted on 05 Jan 2011, 14:07 0 0
Samsung's new 4Gish phone has a front-facing camera...
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 12:56 0 0
wow..there is going to be one sure scary Droid announced for Verizon tomorrow!
12. archangel9 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 15:08 0 0
does anyone knows if it has flash for the camera?
19. mr.tee (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 17:43 0 0
according to this it does.
14. Tre-Nitty posted on 05 Jan 2011, 15:17 2 0
Bye-Bye wp7 Samsung Focus. I'll be upgrading to 1 of these new phones.
15. spinelessrabbit posted on 05 Jan 2011, 15:19 2 1
Att Rocks see that world most powerful. well for now
16. baztah posted on 05 Jan 2011, 16:04 1 0
Wooohooo! At&t didnt have much last year, but look now! 3 new 4g ANDROID phones! They're only on hspa+ though, but they are launching LTE devices on the 2nd half of the year! I might sell my iPhone 4 to get one of these new phones! :DD
22. josuearisty posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:56 0 0
OMG this is gettin crazy, I knew this year MOBILES were going to be like this.
I wanna try this one!!
24. TareX (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:15 0 0
I love it, I'll get it. But I have one nitpick.... why the thick bezel? I mean look at the HTC and Samsung phones announced next to it The screen is almost edge-to-edge on them.
Anyway, won't get any better than that; and in my books, it's better than the LG Optimus 2X.
25. ItsaRaid posted on 06 Jan 2011, 00:21 0 0
Does Anyone know what the rationale is behind the use of android 2.2 being used rather than the newest rev of Android?
26. tq3866 (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 03:08 0 0
Dude forget my iPhone, I want this! XD
27. oneandonly478 posted on 06 Jan 2011, 22:35 0 0
att has a whole new line up of phones htc inspire, motorola atrix which is also the same a verzion bionic , samsung infuse , sony ericsson xperia arc, all very nice , the iphone may be a thing of the past if they dont hurry and come out with no.5... i'm glad i havent upgraded from my iphone3gs yet.