Besides the 5.5" QHD screen of the G3, LG has prepped a 6" one for phablets, too
LG to showcase a 6" Quad HD phone display, says 700ppi panels are within reach
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
We need more! I won't settle unless I have a 3k ppi display!
5. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
LOL. Big LOL.
It seems if apple leading in tech usage (using other manufacture product and claim it was apple achievement), all will sing a happy song. But when apple were eating dust, suddenly 640kb RAM is enough (I mean retina display 300 ppi is enough)
20. Finalflash (Posts: 2769; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
But that's the thing, we can see that there are obvious areas we need improvement in and want focus there. Battery is the biggest one right now but they're hell bent on making that the last thing they'll focus on. QHD actively hurts that while no real advantage is gained. Don't compare it to apple, no one but iClowns buy that nonsense.
2. sipha (Posts: 434; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Ok, this ppi think is getting out of end.. Now we gona argue if if 500+ ppi is enough??
6. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Apparently my 50/50 eyes can see more than 500 ppi.
27. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
You're totally right. I am, honestly, completely satisfied with 1080p. I know people said this when 720p was the norm, but I mean it. If I could get a 1080p mid-ranger or a QHD high-ender, I would definitely go with the 1080p phone because the displays would be almost exactly the same...
4. Mrmark (Posts: 268; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
If they come out with a 6 inch ... Take my money now!!!!!!!
7. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The next gen 'G Pro' will definitely have it.
18. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Oh my god, I was planning to get G3, now I have to wait for 6" QHD...
8. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
In a few years we'll get FHD phones for $200.
13. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
There are already FHD chinese phones for less than $200.
29. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Those are crap. No software updates. No customer support. No dependable quality. Probably child enslavement...
28. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
And those are the phones I will be buying in the future. I am not subscribing to this QHD fad...
9. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 505; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
This is getting out of hand. 2K must be the maximum for Tablets and phablets. FHD for smartphones that are 4.7 above but not exceeding 6", and 720p is enough for smaller phones. There is not much difference between 2k and 1080p in screens that are smaller than 7". You won't even be able to discern pixels at such small displays with 1080p, so what's the point with 2k? It just consumes more battery and processing power.
10. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Just because apple stuck at retina display, doesn't mean android must stuck too.
11. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
The human ocular perception has a "cap"
There is absolutely no point to go beyond 1080p on 5.5 inch or lesser phones.
That being said, Quad HD might be beneficial to Chinese,Japanese, Koreans, Arabic etc which all integrates finer nuances and detail in their corresponding alphabets.
This is all pissing contest
15. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 505; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Just because Apple is "stuck" doesn't mean Android should go beyond what is enough. Hell, sometimes I think 1080p is overkill in such small screens. I would appreciate the bump up in resolution in a 12-inch tablet, not in a smartphone.
30. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I completely agree, but I think 720p should only be applied to smartphones that are 4 inches or less...
12. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Hope LG G Flex 2 will have a much better display...700ppi is paper like...sounds awesome, probably going to look awesome too, if curved.
31. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
LG G Flex will not have more than a 1080p screen. Sure, LG can make a QHD 5.5" display, but the technology is not at that point yet for curved displays...
14. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
g flex 2 specs
-odin soc/snapdragon810/Tegra k1(Denver core ver.)
-bendable up to 90degree(as what rumors said)
-6" QuadHD flexible poled display(lg latest highend oled tv already close to perfect, gamut 100% oled display)
-unscratchable body(improvement over self healing coating)
-large sensor 13mp camera ,f1.8,improved laser autofocus,improved ois,interchangeable lens (lol just kidding)
if this gonna be lg gflex 2 specs, i believe this phone will be the best phone of year
22. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
1. It would be much too big for most users.
2. It would be much too expensive for most users.
33. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
And that is why a 6" phone could never be the best phone of the year...
35. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
well,i means it will be the best "speced" phone 2014,
and also the original G Flex is a big phone,sport a 6"display,no point to have a smaller screen right?
and the G Flex is the most expensive phone from LG,
LG luxury series? maybe
32. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
No QHD display. It will not be any more than 1080p because it is more difficult to make a curved display with a high resolution. The G Flex came out with a pathetic 720p 6" display when 1080p had long been the norm for high end phones. The G Flex 2 will be no different, so it will definitely be 1080p...
36. justsayit (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 May 2013)
u may correct, but i still hoping a flexible QHD phone
PIXEL 4 Life
16. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If they release a WP version of the G3 with that QHD display, I'll throw away my L1520 in a trash can and buy that beast!
23. TechVoid (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
Boy this is stupid, being a experienced smartphone user and one who studies I can tell you that anything beyond 1080p on smartphone is useless and it only has downsides.. Sucking more battery and using more of the processor. This is why I think smartphones like LG G3 are being over rated. Huge resolution displays are only good for big screens and huge movie theater screens.
25. chebner (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Absolutely USELESS!!! They need to focus on something that matters and will actually improve the user experience!
34. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Finally someone who actually realizes that. QHD is a useless fad that I will never subscribe to. I will much rather buy phones with 1080p displays but with longer battery life and smoother performance...
24. alexvv (Posts: 162; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
it's a clever tactic cause people only see the size of the screen and the pixel density. nothing else. in fact it's a hundred other factors (and more expensive like the panel quality, the depth of blacks, sunlight legibility etc) that make a screen good. 720p is excellent for 4.5" devices and 1080p for more than 5-5.2". anything else is a strech of the battery.