LG confirms that the Optimus G unibody sports a glass back with patented "Crystal Reflection" design
Since premium materials in Android phone design are few and far between, we have to hand it to LG for trying to break that trend, and introduce not only a handset crafted with a glass-made back, but grace it with a crystal pattern to help your grip, and add to the attractiveness of its looks. As for the camera module being made in-house by LG Innotek, instead of stalwarts like Sony or OmniVision, we'd have to wait and see what LG has done first, since this is the area its flagships need the most improvement.
1. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Lg's design are always nice just that their updates and ui sucks .
3. Birds (Posts: 971; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Their most recent UX is actually very, very, good. You still must be thinking about that 2011 iPhone ripoff UX that was buggy and stuff.
10. ph00ny (Posts: 590; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Now days, when someone says UX describing a mobile device i think of TW UX on Samsung.
22. redmd (Posts: 868; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I find their UI nostalgic and I kinda like that. It has functionality we need and then some.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Actually, I don't like LG Optimus 4X HD design. But agree, there is some not bad looking LG smartphones.
26. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I think the 4X looks kinda like a Galaxy s2 , which looks kinda nice . Only have more neat looking capacitive buttons and larger
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion Samsung Galaxy S II looks better than LG Optimus 4X HD. :)
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3849; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You know something, I am going to keep a CLOSE eye on this phone. LG has never been on my radar but this phone actually has everything. POWER, SPEED, & BEAUTY all in one VERY sexy shell.
I have to say LG has got my attention, just deliver & you might have MILLIONS of very happy & SATESFIED customers worldwide.
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3849; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Sorry "satisfied". I still type too fast for my own good. lol
25. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I am thinking the same thing as you :)
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
HA!! Take that Apple! ! !
Let see how you sue this patented product ! ! !
8. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Apple wouldn't have the balls to sue LG. cough**prada**cough
15. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Nowadays people are very naive and think they know everything... Stop spaming over the internet... Apple sues Samsung because the sales of there high-end smartphones, tablets and even phablets are interrupting Apple's sales in the US!!!
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3849; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol I know, Apple is going to say...."GLASS?!?!?!?" "No one can use GLASS. We patented GLASS. The only people who can use GLASS are the bottle makers & Window makers. THAT IS IT!!!!!" lol
19. wendygarett (unregistered)
Haha +1 for that :)
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7707; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I read the comments on articles, and every time I see your picture, I get distracted and forget what I was going to post. Damn you pretty Vietnamese woman!
31. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
You do realize that's just a stock photo right?
WARNING: Some links NSFW
The name of the girl in the pic is Elly Tran Ha
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5471; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
LOL! Then Apple will have to sue a mother nature because even lightning can create a glass.
More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F
33. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3849; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Can I be paid to be the lawyer who represents mother nature? lol
18. Aeires (unregistered)
Does LG supply parts to Apple? If they do, expect a lawsuit so Apple can get discounted pricing.
23. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
LG makes their screens lol. the most expensive part~
27. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Even Samsung and Sony are manufacturing the processor(Samsung) and the camera (Sony) for Apple !!
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1196; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, So it's bedazzled...with glass??? Ok, what ever you say LG.
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3944; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Didn't expect this. I expected plastic, but nope, sparkly glass AND unibody design... Kind of screams iPhone, but since they registered the patent I guess it's alright. Let's just hope it isn't as fragile...
6. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Thank you for sparing us another ridiculous lawsuit.
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
LG's own camera module, eh??? Being pessimistic, i don't think it will do well just yet...
Hm....just worried about the price!!
11. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
I think its a nice change, sick of holding a plastic phone from every carrier besides crap apple.
12. ph00ny (Posts: 590; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sadly, my iphone 4s is wrapped around in a mophie battery case so that not so crappy glass doesn't break when i drop it and it gives me the extra battery i need to get through the entire day
13. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Hmmmm,, I wonder how it feels :-) ... but will it blend?
21. bloodline (Posts: 691; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I have to admit, this is the first time LG has my attention. Can't wait for this product review
24. redmd (Posts: 868; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
It will have a premium feel but I worry about the battery life because this might mean non removable battery.
30. Firedrops (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Good to see LG giving so much focus to the designs, but I'm pretty sure anyone who'd get such an amazing(and expensive) phone would want to protect it to the best of their ability.
Unless that phone has some serious ruggedness to go along with its looks, that back is likely going to be covered under a protective case ):
32. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Now this is real design patenting. A unique and never before seen styled glass backing on a device. Stuff like this deserves a patent, not a rectangle with rounded corners. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person. From the description and teaser pic, it looks good.