LG confirms 10 million sales target for G2
LG’s monthly sales target for the G2 stands at 20 000 in Taiwan alone as the company aims to take up 10% of the market for high-end smartphones with its new flagship.
We have earlier heard whispers about LG settings a 10 million sales target for the LG G2, and now we know that it’s still on that target.
Will it succeed? The G2 has all it takes with a great vivid display, a fairly compact body for its size, excellent camera and powerful hardware. What do you think?
source: CNYES via UnwiredView
1. amansingal14 (Posts: 283; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
LG has no good response in my locality. The only brand people consider worth buying are Samsung, Sony and Nokia, with the last option being Micromax. However, I do think that with the support it has in some of the Asian Markets, and the carrier support it provides, it can achieve its target with the quality smartphone.
However, as of me, my personal preferences at the moment are Sony Z1, Note 3 and Lumia 1520
17. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 356; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
My preference clearly goes toward the models shown in the photo of the article :)
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2337; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
They need to hurry and up their game as in India Z1 is already available and Note III is also coming tomorrow on Sept. 25 while G2 is coming on Sept. 30 which is still late from its announcement and competitors.
3. eggkingmaster (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Sony makes good phones. But have horrible and the worst aftersales service. So go LG :p
15. asingha94 (Posts: 286; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Lg provides good phones at at low end but not as good as Nokia,Samsung or Micromax.In India low end market is always good. Micromax is eating their sales providing hell high configuration at very low end.
5. luigi0824 (Posts: 42; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Sony has changed! even my xperia s got jb updated and optimus 3d max is still stuck at gingerbread
12. anleoflippy (Posts: 247; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Actually the other way around in Malaysia.
6. devoncatt (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
32 GB phones and sd card expansion in the Eu or only 16GB phone?It's what they need if they want to beat or at least challenge Samsung!
13. Shatter (Posts: 1967; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Or just tell LG to spend spend the $2 more to put a 64GB model in it and stop ripping off users by trying to overprice flash memory(every company does it, Apple is by far the worst.)
20. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I suppose we should thank the bean counters who decided that $2 wasn't worth it if few buyers were clamoring for a 64 GB model.
19. gmracer (Posts: 23; Member since: 09 May 2013)
I have the n4 and i love it the only bad thing is the battery life so make a good decision. for my part i will buy the LG G2 I believe its a right decision.
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Deserving device for the number, hopefully much of it's internals will find it's way to the Nexus 5.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7361; Member since: 14 May 2012)
G2 is a beast of a phone. LG can pull this off it they push the 4.3 update soon.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5530; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And don't blow off upgrading the G2 to KitKat as well. In the past, LG wasn't exactly responsive with software upgrades. Hopefully, they have remedied that weakness. The G2 has what it takes to be the hit that it could be. LG just needs to avoid self-inflicted wounds.
14. boosook (Posts: 903; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
They should not waste their time on 4.3 and start working to 4.4.
10. papss (unregistered)
I believe and hope they can achieve that goal. This is a great all round phone that has me smitten. Not to mention that its priced amazingly competitive.
16. pyradark (Posts: 740; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
it takes so many months just to reach that!! US & korea is the only they have
plus note 3 is coming strong and xperia Z1 is everyone liking now
18. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I don't see them hitting that target but I'll buy it if the Nexus 5 sucks. I don't see that happening though.
22. Topcat488 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Sorry LG G2, or should I call you Samsungs' Ugly Twin. It's tooooooooo many same looking phones coming out of Korea these days. More Galaxy lookalikes makes people turned off.