LG G5 vs Samsung Galaxy S7: the first marketing shot has been fired
1. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I have no problem with OEMs bashing each other, but I am sorry, this one is kinda lame.
5. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I might, but I ll wait for the price to drop a bit. My A9 has been great so far, so I am in no rush to trade it now for the S7.
12. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Didn't last that long. On it's 3rd day, it was either I must sell/trade it, or I am smashing it to the floor.
That stupid mediatek processor ruined the whole experience, add to it the super slow camera whenever you go indoors.
24. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Fantastic, it's not perfect, but it is far much better than I expected.
The Note 5 was blazing fast when it comes to opening apps, but this thing, even with what on paper looks like a weaker cpu, is even faster.
Fingerprint scanner is accurate and fast.
Battery life has been superb, never below 5hrs of sot.
Camera has improved after the 6.0.1 update, especially in low light conditions.
And a lot of other pros.
Now the cons. The sides are a bit smooth, so it is kinda slippery, but not a Note 5 like slippery.
The front 4up camera tend to have a yellow hue at times.
But my biggest gripe, is the speaker. While it delivers a clean sound, it is on the weaker side, like so weak. Add to the fact it's location, not that it's at the bottom of the phone(which I am more than fine with), but it sits a little bit to the back, so it gets muffled a lot, especially when resting the phone on my pinky finger.
I am sorry I went on TechieXP mode with my long @ss reply lol
32. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1545; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Other people on the web are saying the same thing about the A9, "better than expected".
I hope I get the chance to try one out, it sucks that HTC stopped selling phones in our country.
34. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Trust me, I am usually hard to get impressed, and that's why I always go with flagships and flagships on. But the A9 is really one of the most underrated phones in the past few years.
40. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1545; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Also the M9, I bought one because I'm curious about why it constantly get bad reviews.
I would say it is "kinda" underrated, and the firmware updates made the phone even better.
42. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I wouldn't say underrated, it is a $700 flagship that should have minimal to zero flaws.
It had a very bad and inconsistent camera, overheating issues, and bad battery life.
44. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1545; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Bad camera compared to the competition, YES.
The 2nd and 3rd are not issues anymore with the latest update though.
66. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
M9 is amazing beside one thing.
Super crappy camera.
otherwise its one of the best phone i ever used and the king of multitasking could open 5 high end 3d games and switch between them with no loading time at all..
33. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2468; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
HTC's Sense is a great UI i've always thought it was faster than Touchwiz.
Good to know that the A9 provides a good experience dispite its mid range specs.
LOL bruh! I don't mind a long reply as long as its not just a huge ass rant.
38. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Lol that's good thing to know
And yes it is snappy, but I still prefer TW. I never knew that Sense lacks unread notifications, or that their theme engine is so weak and basic compared to the one on TW, not to mention Samsung's fantastic keyboard. Those are the minor stuff that will lead me to switch back to Samsung and pick an S7 once I find a good deal.
77. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Really? Your post is nowhere near as long as mine. I can type until I run out of characters.
So making a reasonable post that is more than a fanboi one-liner means, you're getting TechieXP'd? Haha. You're funny!
I am assuming the A9 you're referring too is the Galaxy A9? How would you compare it to the S and which S woudl it be nearest too as far as quality and speed?
80. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I am glad you are a good sport regards the joke.
And no my friend, I meant the HTC A9. Although the Galaxy A9 looks like a beast phone, but it is too big for my taste.
29. zeeBomb (Posts: 2093; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
Lol knew someone who had a M9+. Lol they said the saaaame thing
18. j2001m (Posts: 2941; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hm, the problem is all the things that you can buy for the s7 edge are better, apart from the ball, as this is just an app and is the same as any other app you get with drons and so on, it's a joke
Samsung even got a better cam addon and a better battery addon
Even the VR is better as ther is no app support for lg (Windows phone) and the s7 can go for a very long time with an hi res screen
Because the end of the phone come off mean nothing, big deal, Samsung did this with the wave (removing battery in a metal phone and so as others, and the dac needed to be included in the phone to start with the Samsung s7 comes with a very good dac
20. j2001m (Posts: 2941; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
The edge comes with an 800 more battery and will make the battery change not needed and will easy also cover damage over time, and you got the ip68 and the battery charger case that wiresless with no turn off and battery change as you going to need a case for that G5
Also the cam is sorry but crap, Samsung cam as 2 new very big things, and I not on about the 1.7 lens
67. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
JS2001m we will see in the test for the camera. for low light i agree its should be killer on the S7 but in others condition its may end up beaten bad by the G5 its remain to be seen.
Everything else you said is crap because the G5 will support direct modular cases with huge battery in it.
wireless charging dont give enuf power if you are gaming with your device so your device will die on you and you will have to wait for it to wirelessly charge you phone.
27. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1926; Member since: 29 May 2014)
S7 looks good but I'm an LG dude. I'll definitely be coping the G5 on launch day.
31. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
The G5 is the best phone in the world, but the ad is weak.
39. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah yeah yeah, we know, the S7 is fail, no removable battery, fail.
62. natypes (Posts: 1092; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
You cried cried and cried because the S6 didn't have an SD card. Now it does and you think the G5 is the best phone? ha
Good luck with all your apps on the homescreen. The G5 is a completely failure b/c of that. You'll HAVE to run a 3rd party launcher.
65. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1926; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Actually... I think the app drawer is just turned off by default. There may be an option to turn it back on. And isn't Android going in the no app drawer direction with Android N?
36. mrej201 (Posts: 226; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
Free Gear VR for preorders in US, Europe, and other locations, with a 6-game bundle worth $150!
- Water and dust proofing IP68!
- 3600 / 3000 mAh Batteries!
- SD Card upto 200GB or 2nd SIM, your choice!
- 5.5" / 5.1" QHD sAMOLED Displays w/ always-on tech
- Dual pixels, 100% photo area focus, f/1.7, OIS camera
- Fast wireless and wired charging
Samsung stole the show, beats all others hands down!
61. Konsento (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2015)
Are you seriously pasting the same comment in multiple threads?
68. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Crappy VR thats make pixel bigger no thanks.
Water and dust proofing is worthless if they dont cover it in warranty and they wont i had a S5 thats took water because the backcover had a manufacturer defect and they told me they could not help.
Batteries? if i can put a case on my phone thats directly plug into the battery slot and give me 4000 extra mah i dont need big onboard battery.
LG G5 support up to 2 tb SD card and i dont need 2 sim..
i dont like amoled displays its tend to burn in or loose its color accuracy over time.. i had a few client with the S6 with similar issue and also with every past samsung phone.
The camera look impressive on paper and for sure in low light need to see if its will be anything useful in other conditions.
Fast wireless charging thats still not fast enuf to play game at the same time so worthless.
79. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
What's really lame is that no one is calling out Samsung and their fan bois for BLATANTLY LYING about not being able to combine MicroSD and UFS memory.
Anyone who buys a phone from lying scumbag corporations like Samsung (2015+) and Apple who rape their clueless buyers with inferior/fragile/gimped phones that are made of glass and have no removable battery/ microSD with ridiculously inflated prices are complete idiots.
After 7 years of being a loyal Samsung customer who bought EVERY new Samsung phone, I am HAPPY to be DUMPING Samsung for the LG G5.
81. igorb81 (Posts: 77; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I couldn't agree more. Sounds like LG is very desperate after G4 screw up. I initially was interested until I have seen battery life and performance. S7 Edge for me. Those 7 gimmicks are totally useless to me along with that replaceable battery. Get a life LG or RIP like HTC. They are starting to look like HTC to me. What an ugly looking phone though. G4 was pretty decent looking compared to this.
6. joeytaylor (Posts: 443; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I don't mind the snapdragon....they both seem to be good....something i read earlier saying that Samsung is not gonna utilize the sd card the way marshmallow does....it will just be external storage
11. Clars123 (Posts: 722; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
we all know why..Samsung doesn't want cheapskates linking poor quality SD cards to their phones, slowing them down then bitching about lag..they know the press would enjoy it too much
70. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Thats on exynos version.
on SD version its will support the new way marshmallow use sd as internal memory.
19. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2887; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
If you buy the sd820 version, I will buy exynos and we can trade lol
69. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Exynos cant support SD card and onboard memory and at the same time keep both at maximal speed... So its fine i take QC over it anyway.
8. Jevon5 (Posts: 50; Member since: 15 Feb 2016)
Too bad samsung doesn't care what LG says. This is how it goes: Samsung Sends shots at Apple: And LG sends shots at Samsung
26. Unordinary (Posts: 1692; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Yep, while Apple doesn't give a damn at all lol. It hasn't since the "Hi, Im a Mac" campaign haha. good ol days. I miss bashing.
50. TerryTerius (Posts: 1780; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Nah, Apple takes its time sending blatant shots at Google directly. They've been doing it for years when they debut their products. Everybody punches either up or horizontally.
63. natypes (Posts: 1092; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
Yep, yet they are all in bed together taking all of our money. Laughing all the way to the bank creating this pseudo competition. They all know there's enough money to go around.
71. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Yep Apple pay security firm to find all sort of security issue on google os thats how they bash,
9. talon95 (Posts: 546; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Nice to see LG with something to brag about. Also nice to have some flagship choices.
82. igorb81 (Posts: 77; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
except there is nothing meaningful to brag about in their case
10. cleatglitch (Posts: 70; Member since: 25 May 2013)
lg must let some of those friends go free with purchase
56. wargreymon (Posts: 712; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
There will be bundles, and considering how awesome they have been in the past,I don't expect any less this time.
83. igorb81 (Posts: 77; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Samsung doesn't even need to response to this lame ad. Their response is their sales. LOL
14. Mobilephile (Posts: 149; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Wow like free advertising for the S7 though
15. dvassafor (Posts: 31; Member since: 13 Nov 2014)
I just wanna see them bash each other's washing machines to pieces!
21. joeytaylor (Posts: 443; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I have a samsung washer and dryer and microwave. ...pretty nice stuff
72. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Yeah but its will work for 5 year then break...
There was test done and samsung washer and dryer have very low usable life lol.
17. Theonick (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Aug 2015)
And like Beyonce, Samsung won't respond to the lame.
22. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Still on IPS display eeeeewwwwww......Ima bet that 2800 mah battery wont last long
23. BattleBrat (Posts: 1456; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Until that AMOLED starts burning in, I had two Galaxy Notes (3,4), but I could never love them because of that. I like the LG g5, they finally nailed it.
48. BattleBrat (Posts: 1456; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Don't have to, go into any carrier store and look at the AMOLED screens, all have burn in