LG G4 said to arrive in Q2 with a new design concept and better camera
1. HelloMyNameIs (Posts: 18; Member since: 02 Dec 2014)
Watch out Samsung... LG is on your six
21. Elusivellama (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
"On your six" is a term for a fighter jet directly behind an enemy fighter jet (ie. the best spot during combat). You always want to be on their 6....
2. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This should be a sweet phone ignoring soc used.
Keep it real LG, you've been doing good.
5. KyleRiemen (Posts: 116; Member since: 29 Oct 2014)
Tiny top bezel, no bottom bezel and POLED! :]
6. UglyFrank (Posts: 1580; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
LG will always lose to Samsung in the camera department, said it and meant it
8. roobs (Posts: 92; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Cant say so. LG has been the first to use the OIS and Laser. They need only a good sensor to go along. Samsung is good but if LG uses a better sensor with some good optimisation, they may win the race.
14. wargreymon (Posts: 671; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Considering the dead horse IMX-135 LG is kicking and making it run a little bit further every time, they only need an equal or slightly worse sensor to beat Samsung.
24. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
What LG needs to do IS MASS MARKETING if they want to catch up with SAMSUNG.
16. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
G3 has better still camera in low light than s5.
and G3's 13mp quality is almost equal to S5 's 16mp in day light.
9. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Give us a bigger sensor (not 2/3"), 20Mpx with OIS and it´s done !
12. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I meant larger sensor ...http://www.gizmag.com/camera-sensor-size-guide/26684/
15. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Larger sensor requires larger lens and that contradicts the ever getting thinner logic that manufacturers employ today, even if they wanted to they only use off the shelf camera modules and therefore have to use what everybody else is using. And i'm assuming you meant 1/2.3" and not 2/3" as 2/3" is much bigger than a 1/2.3"
29. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
That´s it ! I have ALLWAYS my sony RX100 1" with me. Tired of 1/2.3" sensors. I don´t care about thinner phones.
10. tdslam720 (Posts: 70; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
LG phones are usually "good" at everything, but not great in any specific area.
17. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
LG smartphone has offer a lot of useful features.
KNOCK CODE is just one of those.
20. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Lol already ported to xda galaxy series beside there are app in the market place that work the same
13. usermaxthon (Posts: 70; Member since: 20 Jan 2015)
I wish you best LG. keep up your good work
18. PANIC (Posts: 125; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Being a Samsung user for many years now, this year i will NOT rush into Galaxy S6 until LG G4 is released....I am more than willing to move for G4 provided all these expectations come true.
19. PANIC (Posts: 125; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Plus I hope they redesign the back part where the camera, flash and buttons are creating a bulky cross....I am hoping for sth more simplistic and minimal
22. V1nC3 (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Nope, the G4 screen resolution will be 1620x2880 :)
23. Mreveryphone (Posts: 402; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
And hopefully the quality control is better on the G4...I'm on my second handset and the tiny cracks by the headphone jack and ir blaster have returned...
25. jessyi (Posts: 325; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
Well i love my g3.fast focus is the key to great picture..if the lg3 would hav used a 16mp camera it would have been even far better than the s5..in the s5 you have to take steady shot for it to beat the g3 slightly unnoticable..i want a phone which takes good pictures at any moment..and the g3 did that..even the g flex 2 takes better pictures than the note 4 and has only a 13 mp...0.7 correction angle on the g4 will be akiller camera plus lg oled display would be awsome
26. datguyglad (Posts: 98; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
Larger and improved sensor for the camera with thier ois and thier laser focus. As someone else stated, oled screen would be great also, I've always liked how oled screens looked compared to traditional ips screens. I like lg's ui fairly clean and unobtrusive but still has some good custom features. Need to work on thier battery life also, that's my biggest gripe with the g3. I upgrade my phone yearly and this year will probably be one of the most difficult years when it comes to what to get next.
27. PANIC (Posts: 125; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Indeed it is going to be a VERY difficult and interesting year to choose our next phone....with all these beasts coming ahead....except if some flagships make it very easy for us to choose from. And as I said before i will NOT rush into any of them until all flagships are released and reviewed....this is my tactc for this year
28. tokuzumi (Posts: 927; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
I really like the camera on my wife's G2. I'm sure the G4 will not disappoint.