LG G3 retail box, Health app, and OIS+ LaserAF camera info leaks out, plus more press shots
3. mmmanuuu (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Is there anything else to be revealed? Just release the beast. And i'll grab one
7. CoastCity (Posts: 247; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Yes there is, up to 1TB SD.
I'm worried about the english in those ads though. Worse than mine
12. wargreymon (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
The Google translate from Dutch you mean?
8. iamanimal (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Yes micro sd has been confirmed. Up to 128GB I believe.
11. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 974; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
2GB RAM and S801 having to run a QHD display is a whole lot of compromise.
14. R-vjn (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
May be they have optimised their software that much to easily cop up with those specs and also to have great battery life.
Gosh, i just love the way it looks and present itself.
31. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
We'll see whether your mouthful claims is true or not.
18. kashyap07 (Posts: 15; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Why do people keep forgetting xperia z2 ?!
26. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
bcuz z3 is near and ppl don care about z2
40. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Because it's huge and has poor ergonomics. That is plenty of compromise.
41. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Plenty of compromise. First it's huge. The software might not be there yet. The back buttons are just plain in the wrong positions. Did I mention it was HUGE?
The closest to no compromise has always been Samsung and Apple and that is why they sell.
However Samsung really dropped the ball with the GS5 in sizing too. And no using plastic is not a compromise since it is solidly built. It's just too big like all the other 2014 flagships.
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Seems like a solid phone design with the standout hardware features being the QHD screen and the high quality OIS camera.
6. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Seems like they're really listening to us software-wise. I hope this phone brings something special after a few disappointing rumors (2GB RAM, SD801, 13MP IMX214, etc.).
9. iamanimal (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 May 2014)
I agree the specs are extremely lack luster considering how late it has arrived in comparison to the competition. The biggest disappointment is the lack of water/dust proof.
29. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Exactly my thoughts. I thought the launch delay is to bring some better specs. We'll have to wait till the real phone comes out though.
13. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Although LG G3 seems to be a great phone but I dont think it will be a success.... LG really made a better phone than GS5 but with that the screen size and release time, it will be competing more with Note 4 than GS5.....And Note 4 will definitely be a beast.
15. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Performance hiccups might be visible with that S801 chip powering a QHD Display and not to mention the battery.
36. alaw.14 (Posts: 227; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
You know its strange i didnt see that with the oppo find 7.
37. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
I'm pretty sure the phone was tested extensively to make sure there are no performance hiccups. There is no evidence that the 801 chip will have any issues with the QHD screen.
39. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The SD805 GS5 prime with a QHD can't even beat the GS5 in any benchmarking. This is going to have like SD600 level of benchmarking.
Whether or not this will affect performance remains to be seen but the games will definitely run at frame rates less than the other 2014 flagships.
28. alouden (unregistered)
Some leaks suggested 3 GB, others 2. Lately rumors have suggested 2 GB RAM.
17. R-vjn (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
The best phone so far in terms of looks, design (from the pics) and also display (a department where I trust LG). Also the 13MP camera should be great since LG G2's camera is still awesome.
And c'mon guys, do we really know the how it performs with those specs. May be they have optimized their software that much to easilly cop up with that display cimultaneously giving great battery life..or may be they haven't.
Lets just wait.
30. refillable (Posts: 1038; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Yep, I'm always eagerly waiting. No blind bashing as of now.
22. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
I thought it'll have 3gb of RAM. So ... no IP certificate? The rumors were pretty misleading.
Nonetheless, I guess we are stepping up to QHD zone for smartphones, which is pretty weird considering smartphones (screen size) are small, but I guess that's what the consumers want.
Meh, the only 1440p stuff I'm waiting for is probably the QHD 120Hz monitors for gaming.
23. RuiBacelar (Posts: 153; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
The Golden version actually looks good, now that's unexpected.
2GB og RAM, are enough, but would be a disappointment
24. Giavanibro (unregistered)
Look at the 5th picture. The one where it demonstrates the G3 Magically floating there, while the person touches the shutter icon. It looks unbelievably hard and awkward to hold, especially to take pictures.
25. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Is there any is not yet leak?
27. karamelakimo (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 May 2014)
i think LG is taking a big steps forward
this mobile is a beast ... i'm waiting to see the Quad screen :D
34. osaFromJava (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Does it say metal housing???? I'm definitly in!!
38. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That one picture made it look way thinner than 8.9 mm and it looks really nice in those pics where they made it look skinnier.
In reality though and some of the other pics, it looks fat and short. They really should have kep the screen size down to 5.2 or 5. Although they probably couldn't find a QHD screen smaller than 5.5 inches yet. Samsung has an AMOLED one up and running but there is no 5.2 QHD LCD panel yet.
42. eldyagustius (Posts: 177; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
First in the time, I love LG with the way they design the UI for their smartphones :D
43. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
if their ui is fluid it would make better Sense (>_~)
44. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Before z2 came out every1 said they'll buy it. now g3 is coming so every1 saying they'll buy this. sooner note 4 will come out then again every1 will say they'll buy that. till that time we'll gear up for z3 , lolz .
just waiting for Tegra k1 powered phone/tab,rest will remain the same ('_^)