Is this the LG G3: specs for top-shelf Sprint-bound LG phone leak out
LG G3 alleged screenshot leaked out earlier
The file was spotted on Sprint’s official website, and it reveals details about an upcoming LG-LS990 device, a phone that could turn out to be the LG G3.
The leaked specs paint a picture of a device with a large, 5.5-inch display that has a Quad HD resolution (2560 x 1440 pixels), higher than current-day devices. Other spec highlights include a quad-core Snapdragon chip under the hood, and a 13-megapixel main camera. All in all, it’s clear that we’re looking at a top-shelf device with pretty much the latest specs.
Is this the LG G3: specs for top-shelf Sprint-bound LG phone leak out
source: Sprint via MyLGPhones
11. rihel_95 (Posts: 220; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
this may be fake coz no nav button on screenshot (maybe full imersive?!)
13. adwienc (Posts: 134; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
On screen buttons sux, I really hope LG will ever bring back Optimus G design.
26. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I prefer the LG G2 design to the Optimus G design.
2. ysk79 (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Are they shipping larger hands with it?? Seriously, every phone is 5+ now. Gotta weight for z2 compact..
14. vincelongman (Posts: 1331; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I'm waiting for a Z3 M (Z3 medium 4.7-5", ~135 mm)
Or Project Ara medium, 137 mm with 5.25" screen
3. Aploine (Posts: 195; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
I want removable battery like korean G2 available in EU + better quality pictures than G2
7. Aploine (Posts: 195; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
I want powerfull flash, USB3 and if it has a 5.5" screen better be in a 5-incher's body, not bigger than G2's.
I don't care about waterproofing, fingerprint scanners, heart rate monitors, gimmick cameras.
8. Aploine (Posts: 195; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
And not less than 32GB internal storage. 16GB is not enough anymore.
I also don't care about more than 1080p.
12. neops (Posts: 204; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Maybe it's not the G3 but just a screen and ram upgrated G2
29. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2379; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Dude, the G2 has some of the slimmest bezels on any phone to date. It would be impossible to fit a 5.5" screen in that body. Be realistic.
30. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Then they should shrink the screen size. I don't want to call a 5.5" a phone.
33. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2379; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I somehow doubt LG gives a f*ck about what YOU want. If you have a problem with the size of this phone, buy another one. It's very simple.
34. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
What's wrong with you with being very rude with me?
35. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2379; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just tired of people constantly complaining about the size of phones. It's gotten so old. Either suck it up & see that it's the direction the industry has taken or buy a smaller phone. The choices are simple. But, telling LG to shrink the phone because it's too big for YOU is a pointless endeavor.
36. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
It would still be logical to complain, as a 5.5" phone would be very hard to use with only one hand. What's wrong with telling LG on what's good for them? They're surely going to lose some potential buyers if they keep it at 5.5". Sure, I won't buy the G3 if it's, 5.5" because I don't like it. You don't have to tell me. I will buy an S5 instead. You could believe on your own opinion, but we just prefer the other way around. Please respect that.
37. ljlee256 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
I seriously doubt this is the G3, LG announced earlier at a tech convention that it was going to release 4 handsets this year, a very small (LG Mini?), the LG Flex, A standard sized LG G3, and something designed to rival the Note 3. This phone sounds similarily sized to the Note 3 and with a 2k screen it could be trying to beat out the Note 3's impressive display.
All in all 5"-5.2" is about all typical phone users can bear in the everyday device. The 5.5" catagory is still there for the high powered media users. But typically people want something they can take mountain biking, quadding, or horseback riding, without feeling like they are carting a small tv in their pocket.
38. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
You could be right. Basically since the 5.5" rumor fiasco started I was and am still positive that it won't happen. But since the leak may still be plausible, like I said there are possibilities, still.
39. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2379; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The rumors from the very beginning have been that the G3 will have a 5.5" screen. LG already released their phone that is designed to rival the Note 3--the G Pro 2.
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think the a smaller 5.2 inch display like that of G2 would be better than this 5.5 inch.
But anyway, this phone will be a killer for sure.
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
5.5 inch? then what will the next G-Pro 3 be? 7 inch?
I hope the G3 is not 5.5 inch, thats what the G-Pro is for, the G3 needs to be more compact.
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3421; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Sigh snapdragon 800 no even snapdragon 600 over mediatek octa core any day.
10. express77 (unregistered)
Great specs but this isnt 'smartphone' at all.
15. aayupanday (Posts: 518; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I Want A Snapdragon 805 Chip in that Beast.
Qualcomm stated a couple of months ago that the first consumer Snapdragon 805 device will be released in May.
Dunno Whats wrong...
17. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'd be really surprised if it didn't come the 805 myself.
16. phoenix985 (Posts: 26; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
With these specs, this will be a fail and just for one reason...its size. With 5,5in screen, it enters in NOTE turf, it is not a phone anymore, yet a phablet, and we all know who is the king in that castle. Not to mention that N4 will come also with QHD screen, at least SD805 cpu, probably 4GB rams, its unique S-PEN and all of other goodies that can be found only in NOTE series. If it remained on 5,2in screen it would have a lot brighter future and could compete with S5, M8 and Z2...Surely it will be a great phone, but NOTE4 is just to strong competitor to fight with...
20. wumberpeb (Posts: 438; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
The screen size itself is not going to make it a Note 3/4 competitor, it will still be an S5/M8 competitor based on price alone. The G2 is a bargain compared to the S4 while beating it's specs, but there's no comparison to any other phone demographic, despite being only .3" smaller than the Note 2. This is also how buyers will be deciding between them, by price.
LG also did a great job keeping the G2 very compact for its screen size, which they did for the prior year's Optimus G and I'm sure they'll do for this year's G3.
Bottom line, it won't be compared to the Note 3 or 4, nor the G Flex or any other phablet type device. There's no doubt that the line is getting blurry, however...
18. Nabil2511 (Posts: 149; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
its not fair if they didnt put Snapdragon 805 chip in there.. cos then it'll just be a bigger screen size of G2,QHD and just some software upgrades.. we want hardware upgrades too LG!
21. R-vjn (Posts: 162; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Well, there's simply no way the G3 is going to have the S800 chip, coz its plainly absurd. It would atleast have the S801 if not getting the S805 for sure. The things I'm looking forward to are hge imprvements to the camera, display and battery department with no compromise on raw power, in short a complete upgrade to the awesome G2.
22. kanagadeepan (Posts: 685; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I thought 5.5" screen phones are Phablets...
23. wargreymon (Posts: 152; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Just a side note, the M8974AAAAANLYD2145A.1 is the baseband version and not refering to MSM8974/APQ8974. Might as well be using the same(-ish) modem with SD805.
24. mmmanuuu (Posts: 216; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Normal phones are entering phabletry size. Phablets are taking over the tablet space. Tablets have no where to go.
25. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Tablets entering phone world Tab 3 7inch xD
32. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Tablets will take over Compact 13" Notebooks (Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro). Notebooks will take over Home PC systems (Acer 18.4" laptop). PC systems' market will not survive. Only Enthusiasts keep those.
27. npaladin2000 (Posts: 134; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I'll take an unlocked version please, thank you very much.
28. dancorcal (Posts: 35; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
LG will go with the 805... G3 will be my next phone. I know they will go best of the best on spec. I hope they add water resistance. Loving my G2 for now and loved my Optimus G before.