Instagram may add private messaging to take on Snapchat
2. Sauce (Posts: 727; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Indeed. As a photographer, using IG for its original use pre-mainstream: photography, it would be nice to interact with other photographers without holding a convo through public commenting.
3. FakeMatt (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Didn't Instagram add short video to compete with Vine?
7. Sauce (Posts: 727; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Yes, but IG allows 30 second video capturing where as Vine only allows 6 seconds.
10. Sauce (Posts: 727; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Yes, you are correct. My bad on that mistake D:
12. Sauce (Posts: 727; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I don't. My girlfriend would spend more time on IG lol xD
4. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
fb is the next Google. acquiring everything.
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Every major company acquires talent. At a certain point, it's cheaper to acquire than build from within. Apple does it, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Samsung, etc, etc.
13. good2great (Posts: 1020; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
cant buy em? then smoke em out... smh this is horrible that instagram is doing this. let snapchat have its piece of the pie.
14. sangamdas (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
if facebook really wants to compete with snapchat it must create app that is selfdestructing in nature as snapchat is working on different concept . only adding instant messaging feature it will not cause any damage to snapchat's popularity . let me tell you there is a another app similar to snapchat "chat4snap" available in google play much more better than snapchat and in short period of time it can be rised to major competitor to snapchat.