Here's the All New HTC One/M8 in action
While the All New HTC One/M8 is seemingly ensconced in a rubber bumper or a case of some type (some time done to disguise the true identity of a phone while in testing), we can see the top of the phone, which is being held in landscape. The image matches perfectly with the pictures tweeted out by evleaks, which pretty much confirms the authenticity of these photos.
We expect to see the All New HTC One/M8 unveiled on March 25th with simultaneous events planned for New York City and London.
Images of the All New HTC One in actio
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: Mobile01.com (translated)
1. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
More photos? Kinda tired of it now, especially since evleaks already leaked the image, want to know the features instead. Other than Boom Sound that is.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5572; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Magic 8-Ball says there will be many more 'leaks' before the New One is officially announced.
45. techaman (unregistered)
the evleaks ones are fake htc said that buttons are not even in the correct location i do how ever see a much bigger front cam gives life to the 4 or 5 mp front cam, hoping for lytro cam on back as long as there is sd or 64gb or bigger and 3 gb ram and strong processor am happy and that will bring be back to htc after the crap samsung showed us.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5572; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I hope for HTCs sake, they release the New One on all carriers at the start. Doing the slow drip from AT&T/T-Mo to Sprint to VZW really hurt the potential sales. By the time it was released on VZW, the OG One was effectively obsolete and there were newer toys to temp VZW customers.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oooo...I see new camera UI and a very rounded body. They should stop leaking pictures of the phone, it's just spoiling the fun.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5572; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"They should stop leaking pictures of the phone, it's just spoiling the fun."
Not to their thinking - it is a way to keep interest up and mindshare until the New One is 'officially' announced.
7. Kishin (Posts: 582; Member since: 30 May 2013)
The leaks we been seeing better not be final design..
29. superduper (Posts: 121; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
Still infinitely better than the Galaxy S4S revealed earlier this week.
30. geordie8t1 (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
being a samsung s owner in the past i was looking forward the s5 but I agree with you this time, this is a better looking phone then the dated s series, i am interested to see what this handset can do, my contract is up in the summer so hopefully will either find out if there is a premium new range from sammy, or this htc or the sony z2, so much choice though :-)
38. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Lol,yeah but it isn't that hard to be better than that thing that Sammy through together.
8. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Must have this phone now!! Hurry up and unleash the beast HTC & AT&T
11. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Not sure why you comparing Z2 & S5 with M8 when we still don't know it's feature.
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's just his prediction, he forgot to add "just my prediction". Well, if to me, it will be Z2 > M8 > S5...just my prediction.
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5572; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I haven't heard if Z2 has OIS for the camera sensor. If no OIS, then New One (M8) > Z2. Unless the camera sensor of the New One is disappointing in other ways (sensor size, image quality, aperture, etc.).
16. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sony has some kind of technology called SteadyShot on the Z2's camera, I think that's almost the same as the OIS but just better digital image stabilization instead of optical image stabilization (OIS).
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5572; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I think SteadyShot is Sony's brand name for digital image stabilization (DIS). DIS is better than no IS, but OIS is better than DIS. If no OIS, then maybe Sony will address the omission on the Z3.
At this point, Sony has a bigger problem with their effective carrier exclusivity in the U.S. Not getting any sales from VZW (and to a lesser degree, Sprint) is just plain dumb.
21. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm not from the US, but I know that T Mobile is the only carrier that offer Sony phones in the US. I think it's because it's safer for Sony to do that due to the hype and attention that Samsung and Apple get in the US. But yeah, Sony should try release their phones to all major carriers in the US, not only T Mobile, if they don't try, they won't know.
58. phonejustice (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
sony z2 is a great designed phone but sony's UI is just not advance enough to compete in the mobile world.
59. phonejustice (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
As a HTC One owner, i would rather they use HTC one's design and the new Sense 6.0.. the bottom bezzel for HTC Branding is just too annoying for me :( and the on screen button.
62. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
i agree to that should have kept the original ONE design hate that NEW bezel.. Males the bloody phone huge for its 5 inch size. Im sure 5.5 inch could have fit inside there
26. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Well, fair enough. If we're talking prediction according to rumors, I guess mine is Z2 > S5 = M8. And Samsung F line probably will blow them all away.
27. kryme (Posts: 136; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
lol and at the end of the day s5 will sell more
43. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Yes and the Toyota Corolla will outsell the Audi R8.
18. Taters (Posts: 2640; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The sad thing so far is that it goes like this....
Nexus 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>G2>>>>>>>>>GS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GS5>Z2=M8
These new phones are complete failures so far.
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, that's kinda sad that it goes like this...
Nokia 3310 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All smartphones.
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5137; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Your profile picture has a big bezel.
23. mokhtar (Posts: 199; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
listen ladies and gentleman .. and said it when the gs5 and z2 doesn't release yet
the m8 will be an awsome phone .. better than gs5 , but not perfect as z2
the both will smoke samsung .. an i will be happy to see that :D
37. Doakie (Posts: 1154; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Are you predicting they will both smoke Samsung in sales? Or just in the hearts of tech nerds like us?
24. N-fanboy (Posts: 536; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I will probably get it if it has a google play edition.
25. N-fanboy (Posts: 536; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I will probably get it if it has a google play edition.
28. tiara6918 (Posts: 1338; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This is the worst kept hidden htc device that has leaked multiple times, months/weeks before its launch,what happened?
46. techaman (unregistered)
could be worse its not the final design more like beta testing software on prototypes and if htc kept a secret like samsung and give us a crap phone like samsung did the back lash would finish them off company to small to be hurt again like last time.
53. SamDroid (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Since HTC can't afford multi-billion dollar advertising like Samsung, they just leak information to get everybody hyped up :). It cuts cost you see....;)
33. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Why are they making the phone needlessly bigger with that ridiculous bottom bezel?
35. FeRoZ (Posts: 33; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Agree with u dude seriously dat HTC logo at da bottom should b removed from.final design else some people like wont buy it...
49. fzacek (Posts: 1330; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Unless it's a fingerprint sensor or something else useful.
51. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 201; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Good word bro,maybe that is a fingerprint sensor,they arent stupid to putt a big black bezzel
34. JMartin22 (Posts: 741; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
If the Galaxy S5 really got a brightness increase from 300ish nits up to 500 nits on manual brightness, that would eliminate the one flaw for me then. The S5 will likely bring better quality on the things that really matter than these other phones. Such as battery life, performance, firmware support, and camera.
44. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
They didn't want to step on the S5 toes, so they let sammy have the ugliest phone title.
41. phatmanXXL (Posts: 10; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Still no word on the what the dual cameras do?
47. techaman (unregistered)
possible lytro style i have heard depth picture you touch what you want after taking the pic and it focus on that part.
50. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 159; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
really s5 are very ugly then you talk about the htc logo htc at last are very very more beauty from any samsung devise
54. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Truth is your a s4 owner no real reason to get the s5 and from the leaks it looks like if your a one owner know real reason so far to get the new one. Design looks the same, spec bump if rumors are true is very much like the s5 ie 1080p screen and 2gb ram. Unless you must have that 2 cameras don't see a reason. Anyways let's see March 25 if they have something up there sleave that we have not seen.
55. LeFritz (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Terrible "review" of what the M8 will more than likely look like (If this is final production).
Dat Bezel yo..
Add this to the end of youtube URL(Can't post URLs for now):
56. simple555 (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Jan 2014)
M8 LOOKS LIKE WILL BE 4.9 OR 5 INCHES, BUT SCREEN WILL BE GREAT LIKE ON HTC ONE, plus it got boom sounds, nice phone if it got good camera,, screen will decide which is better M8 OR XPERIA Z2,IF Z2 SCREEN EQUAL TO M8 THEN I WILL BUY XPERIA. Z2