HTC ousted by Xiaomi in Top 10 global smartphone shipments ranking
Then again, it's debatable how global are Chinese companies in reality. Most of them make the bulk of their sales in the vast market of their homeland, with limited exports to outside markets. However, while Xiaomi ships some 97% of its products in China and looks forward to expanding globally, Huawei exports a respectable 45% of smartphones outside China.
source: Tech In Asia
1. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Oh burrn!!! htc got owned by xiomi. That what you get for giving us that 4mp camera htc.
10. UglyFrank (Posts: 1196; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Do xiaomi sell for a big profit margin?
12. aksa123 (Posts: 310; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Xiaomi pwned htc. Xiaomi is now mega kill.
2. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
LOl , companies like Xiaomi Huawei ZTE ..etc won't sell without the 1 billion people in china...
8. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1862; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
But that's exactly the market they are going after :P With over 1 billion population China and other nearby Asian countries, that's a huge market to try to capture for a small company.
17. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I don't know about that. Xiaomi's skin of Android is outstanding and has global versions that are updated regularly (some weekly). A lot of people would buy a phone from Xiaomi if they'd export them.
24. vishaldoley (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
Seriously.... You need to update your brain....
3. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 273; Member since: 13 May 2014)
If HTC didn't add that 4mp camera on M8 I would totally switch from my note 3 to m8 but I'm not giving up on HTC and I hope that next year we will see a flagship that has everything you need.
4. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Don't worry next year you will see a 2 ultrapixel camera with 4 micrometer pixels and an 8 megapixel front facing camera
13. Taters (Posts: 5772; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
There is a lot more wrong with the M8 besides the camera.
18. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Wasted screen space makes my top list of problems with that phone. Just look at how much is wasted by the HTC logo spot.
16. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
so you wanna downgrade ur phone. intersting....
22. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 273; Member since: 13 May 2014)
Downgrade? The device is beautiful plus since my previous devices where a galaxy nexus and a nexus 4 , I think that sense 6 is much better than touchwizz even if I removed bloatware,disabled DVFS and switched to nova launcher on my Note 3. I moved from nexus to Note because I needed sd card support and a better camera but I'm not happy at all with touchwizz .
5. GreekGeek (Posts: 1128; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Not surprised at all.... Imho , MIUI is the best rom out there
My Galaxy S3 runs on it and Im soo loving it to death
Next month im buying meeself a Xiaomi MI3!
6. ryq24 (Posts: 630; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Chinese phone like hwawei, lenovo, xiaomi, etc are cheap and quality wise ain't that bad and has an advantage in their own country. Htc phones are too expensive just like sony.
19. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Cooooolpad is eighth...nice...I guess...
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
These Chinese companies need to make more phones compatible with American networks. Meanwhile, Americans love overpaying for their iPhone, Samsung's, LGs and HTCs...
23. vishaldoley (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
Haven't used the other Chinese brands....just the xiaomi mi3 ....and it's awesome.... Waiting for the miui 6 update....and seriously its better to buy a xiaomi phone with same specs as of an HTC at half the price + weekly updates